Time for another gift chapter

red fork

The last official figure we had was that he's written 400 pages, only 200 of which are in final draft form.

Recently he confirmed on his Not a Blog that he is not close to being halfway through the novel. So I think it's fair to say we've got a long wait ahead of us. I figure he can only possibly have written a maximum of 500-550 pages, but I think 400-450 is probably closer to the mark.

I hope we get another sample chapter soon. Even if he just releases one of the ones he's already read, I'd be happy -- particularly if it was the Arianne chapter. I'd prefer a Sansa/Alayne chapter though.

The last official figure we had was that he's written 400 pages, only 200 of which are in final draft form.

Recently he confirmed on his Not a Blog that he is not close to being halfway through the novel. So I think it's fair to say we've got a long wait ahead of us. I figure he can only possibly have written a maximum of 500-550 pages, but I think 400-450 is probably closer to the mark.

I hope we get another sample chapter soon. Even if he just releases o

ne of the ones he's already read, I'd be happy -- particularly if it was the Arianne chapter. I'd prefer a Sansa/Alayne chapter though.

I'd love a Sansa chapter but I seriously doubt we will get one, especially since Martin said he pushed her chapters back because of a new storyline. I'd be happy with Arianne, would love to see some further character development from her. As long as it isn't Damphair, the man most deserving of a hair dryer and some conditioner.

But, I'm not expecting anything considering how for along he is.

I am hopeful he will release something, at the least an official version of one of the chapters he has read in public.

Vic's chapter has already been transcribed, and very thorough notes were taken by people who heard him read Tyrion and Arianne's chapters. So it's not like he would be giving much away by releasing an official version of any of those chapters anyway.

Damn. I hope we all have enough topic ideas to keep us busy during the thousand-year wait.

The third season of Game of Thrones, the fourth Dunk and Egg, and the World of Ice and Fire should keep us all busy next year, luckily!

I'd love a Sansa chapter but I seriously doubt we will get one, especially since Martin said he pushed her chapters back because of a new storyline. I'd be happy with Arianne, would love to see some further character development from her. As long as it isn't Damphair, the man most deserving of a hair dryer and some conditioner.

I didn't know GRRM had said that about the Sansa chapters! Interesting... I'm thinking it's because of Myranda Royce tbh. I've always felt that she's going to play a powerful role in Sansa's emergence as a player independent from Littlefinger, as she means that Littlefinger is no longer her only source of information. Hopefully she joins Dany and they eat lemon cakes and kill Freys together.

We're supposed to be getting a new (non-Theon) sample from the ADwD US paperback. I think the Damphair is probably quite likely, sadly. GRRM wanted to read his chapter out last year and said it contained some "disturbing" stuff.

Sansa will probably have the best chapters this book. Just look where her storyline is! Calling it.

I hope we get another sample chapter soon. Even if he just releases one of the ones he's already read, I'd be happy -- particularly if it was the Arianne chapter. I'd prefer a Sansa/Alayne chapter though.

The 400 page manuscript 200 page complete figure came from an interview he did in Spain back in July/August if I'm not mistaken. I would imagine he'd be at least 500 pages into it by now. The 2014 mark I've seen thrown around at that pace seems reasonable.

The 400 page manuscript 200 page complete figure came from an interview he did in Spain back in July/August if I'm not mistaken. I would imagine he'd be at least 500 pages into it by now. The 2014 mark I've seen thrown around at that pace seems reasonable.

I'm spanish and yes, he told us that. But he has finished the "complete" 200 pages in spring, I think.

It could be that he is well over half in terms of pages, but those pages still need a lot more refinement. With so many characters he probably take him longer to keep track on them all. George doesn't have to give us anything for Christmas, last year it was such a pleasant surprise, but if he were to give us something an extract from Lands of Ice and Fire would be nice.

aSoS 2000

five years

aFfC 2005

six years

aDwD 2011

seven years????

tWoW 2018

aDoS never published/started/leaked.

We very well may already have all the ASoIaF that we're going to get.

Don't say that. :( I kind of am afraid of that, too. I wonder if he has writer's block.

I wish GRRM nothing but long life, good health, and happy days, as a man.

As a writer, I wish he would hire a staff and direct them instead of trying to finish the series solo.

Suggest that around George, and he might just kill you. But in all seriousness, he should hire a ghost writer or two, especially for the sex scenes.

Archived