Shavepate's Regime

King Daemon Blackfyre

Yes we've all heard your theory on that. As I said in the thread, it is highly unlikely as the Shavepate needs Daenerys to make any of the moves he is making. Besides the Brazen Beasts, none of the people he needs are loyal to him.

This idea is directly disproved by the text. Skahaz's biggest move in the series was deposing Hizdahr. This occured after Dany's disappearance. This is direct factual evidence that Kandaq is capable of making moves without Dany.

This idea is directly disproved by the text. Skahaz's biggest move in the series was deposing Hizdahr. This occured after Dany's disappearance. This is direct factual evidence that Kandaq is capable of making moves without Dany.

He still needs Dany alive to make these moves. Do you think Ser Barristan is going to stay in Meereen if Dany is known to be dead? No, Ser Barristan, the companies of Freedmen, they all stick together because they all believe she is alive. Ser Barristan says this himself in his chapter.

He still needs Dany alive to make these moves. Do you think Ser Barristan is going to stay in Meereen if Dany is known to be dead? No, Ser Barristan, the companies of Freedmen, they all stick together because they all believe she is alive. Ser Barristan says this himself in his chapter.

Where exactly is Barristan going to go? The city is pretty well closed, by that point.

• 1 month later...

The Shavepate in charge makes me think of Stalin.

I don't see the Shavepate as Stalin per se, but I know what you're getting at. Stalin was actually a great manipulator of people's emotions as well as one with a knowledge of how the game is played. He used his charisma to make people think he was their friend in the early days, kind of how Littlefinger does. The Shavepate has all the ruthlessness and pragmatism but he's nowhere near as charismatic and deceptive as Stalin and Littlefinger.

Also, I don't think he really poisoned Dany or that he's in league with the Harpy. Dany's 'death' and Hizdahr's ascension meant that he lost a lot of influence. Of course it could be a ruse, but it seems like a bit pointless of him to overthrow Hizdahr as part of such an elaborate plan when A: if Hizdahr and Shavepate are both part of the Sons there'd be no need to and B: if Hizdahr isn't part of the sons, he's amoral and fickle enough to be swayed by them without having to use force. Dany favoured him and he was one of her more trusted confidants, so keeping her alive would have been more useful to him. Unless of course he wanted her and the Harpy gone so he could take over himself. Therefore the Shavepate is a tyrannical psycho in his own right and is unlikely to be one of the Sons.

The Kandaq's were slave traders, but it would seem that they were on the lower end of families in the slave trade. I actually think the Shavepate is loyal, he's cold hearted and grimly realistic but he is loyal.

Archived