Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

For me being a member of kingsguard is equivalent to being a celebrity in the real world.

I agree, it is, but I was speaking more about the duty, the honour and the responsibility of the role. I do relate to Jaime in his wish to improve the system and bring back standards, but like him I am at a disadvantage. Whilst he is the 'Kingslayer' who tainted the white cloak, I am the new teacher who 'knows nothing of the world of education'.

To JW's test:

It's 666 words, which is quite apt.(reminds me of Cersei or the Sand Snakes)My name is Laura, and I am a History teacher. That sounds really Starkesque – but really, being a teacher is like being a member of the Kingsguard. You make many honourable vows about how you will guide, nurture and protect your charges, but once the classroom door is closed, you go back to the same textbooks, worksheets and crusty old videos that were used on you. You impart upon them the same cynicism as was placed on you (Sand Snakes? not sure), with perhaps a little more for good measure. I’d like to think I’m not at Jaime’s level of disenchantment yet… but no doubt I will be soon. As for A Song of Ice and Fire, the reason I love it so much is that I cannot write better. I write novels in the historical genre, but my level of historical knowledge, my wit, my attention to detail and my ability to weave together a tapestry of intrigue is not to GRRM’s standard. His story is fully engaging, multi-faceted and deliciously evil. I aspire to be that good one day, but until then I look on in envy.(ambition, desire to be the best -> again Cersei or Sand Snakes) What is your favorite memory from childhood?The memory that springs to mind is the time when me and a friend wrote a parody about our teachers and classmates. It was like the hate book in Mean Girls only intelligent. I managed to persuade my best friend to print off copies and distributed them across our year group. When our Head of Year found it, she had us stand on the long corridor between the Headmaster’s Office and the staffroom. Every teacher who walked by asked us why we were there and I took great pleasure in telling them about our parody. Our English teacher read it and praised it. It was well worth the one day suspension from school.(sounds like something Arya or perhaps Asha would've done) Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why?I would say I was full of pride and wrath. (again, both Cersei and Sand Snakes) My temper is short (Sand Snakes) and I have a habit of acting on impulse, then regretting it later. (sounds like Arianne wanting to crown Myrcella) I was always the kids who got into fights at school and now, in working life (Arya, Sand Snakes), I do not know when to pick my battles. I will argue over every matter – and love it,(Sand Snakes) especially when I am right! It will certainly get me fired one day, if not killed. My pride (Cersei, Sand Snakes) has subtler venom. It stops me going on dates with nice guys (Arianne), it means that I cannot abide any type of criticism from anybody, and it means that I am a perfectionist in everything I do. I cried when driving home from badminton a fortnight ago, because I was beaten six times by far more experienced players. They all told me how well I was doing, how much progress I was making, and how I would be amazing by the end of the year. I smiled gracefully, but my pride was bleeding. (Cersei) Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?Heathcliff, from Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights. He is my number one inspiration when writing heroes and romance stories in my novels. He is very like Jaime in many ways: a hero whose undying love for the heroine corrupts his whole life. He lives his life in service to her, until the point when she dies, then there is only vengeance to replace love (Oberyn avenging Elia, Sand Snakes wanting to avenge Oberyn?). My favorite line of any fiction comes from Heathcliff when he discovers that Cathy has died:

I do believe that would be Jaime’s reaction if he discovered Cersei had died, even now.

I'd say your house sorting was well done. I definitely see a Martell in there, with a good deal of Lannister though and a little of Arya.

I was going to decide on a Sand Snake, either Nymeria or Tyene, but then I stumbled across this in the wiki entry of Arianne:

Arianne is calculating, adventurous and fierce-tempered. When she sees something she desires, she strives to obtain it at all costs.

Sounds familiar. ;)

I'm going to decide on Arianne Martell. Maybe one of the Sand Snakes would still fit better, but I think I don't know enough of them to choose which fits best for you. :dunno:

brAnthelAstgreenseer - I'm getting one of the Tyrell brothers, probably not Willas one of the other two.

Jaime's Wench - Cersei is the obvious answer but I'm agree on one of the Sand Snakes and I'm leaning towards Lady Nym

Julifay Greyiron - Ironborn, mostly House Harlaw. A mix of "The Reader" and Ser Harras

Rose Rivers - Arianne Martell

eddard of the house stark - Mance Rayder

Top12Gun - Sports and warfare come easy to you and you have a lot of Prime but, you like the mental chess match so...I'm going to go with Oberyn Martell

JW - Do you have siblings?

No, I am an only child. I think this shows very much in my personality.

To JW's test:

I'd say your house sorting was well done. I definitely see a Martell in there, with a good deal of Lannister though and a little of Arya.

I was going to decide on a Sand Snake, either Nymeria or Tyene, but then I stumbled across this in the wiki entry of Arianne:

Sounds familiar. ;)

I'm going to decide on Arianne Martell. Maybe one of the Sand Snakes would still fit better, but I think I don't know enough of them to choose which fits best for you. :dunno:

I was driving home thinking about how I had behaved with Jaime today how Arianne pursued Oakheart until he gave in. I do believe that I have her tendency too, but without her beauty or natural ability. Unfortunately, GRRM hasn't created a failed seductress (Lysa, maybe? I do act like Lysa sometimes unfortunately...)

brAnthelAstgreenseer - I'm getting one of the Tyrell brothers, probably not Willas one of the other two.

Jaime's Wench - Cersei is the obvious answer but I'm agree on one of the Sand Snakes and I'm leaning towards Lady Nym

Julifay Greyiron - Ironborn, mostly House Harlaw. A mix of "The Reader" and Ser Harras

Rose Rivers - Arianne Martell

eddard of the house stark - Mance Rayder

Top12Gun - Sports and warfare come easy to you and you have a lot of Prime but, you like the mental chess match so...I'm going to go with Oberyn Martell

Lady Nym is just too capable of seduction for me. If I was Lady Nym, I would have had Jaime weeks ago, rather than still being on the cat and mouse stage (with no definite sign of it working). Tyene is capable of being whiter than white... which I am not. See latest blog entry for more on this.

I will take the time this evening to have a look at a couple of the others.

I am going to adopt Julifay's system from now on.

eddard of the house stark, on 10 December 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Would you eat penguin if offered?Sure. Not raw, right? Clearly has no regard for endangered and rare animals - Tywin or Theon. Prefer bacon or ham?Ham. I'm not that into bacon. Favorite movie? Kind of hard to choose but I'll say the Godfather. Defo Tywin for this one - I haven't seen the film (because my dad told me they used a real horse head), but I know it's about the Mafia Are you a neat/tidy person? Not really neat or tidy. My bed is almost never tidy.Not very Tywin. I imagine his room is immaculate. So Theon for this one. Would you rather be a bear or a shark?A shark. I'll get to do whatever I want. Tywin Also, I prefer the sea. (please don't make me an Ironborn) Theon What is your opinion on ghosts?I'll believe there are ghosts when I see one. Tywin/Tyrion scepticism right there.

Who's your favorite character (not just from ASOIAF) and why?The Joker!Because he never disappoints. The "bad guys" are always the most compelling. Tiiiiiiywin. If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?Call the banners and embargo. After winning the war, (considering that as the king I have the largest army and they are running short of supplies) I would execute the high lords of the houses that rebelled against the realm, take the youngest son/daughter as a hostage(ward) and appoint the next in the line of succession as lord of each house. If there's not anyone left, then I would give the castle to one of my Bannermen (or to one of my family). -plays Reynes of Castamere- As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?"Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me" from the Office :DI would rather be loved but also respected. But I would rather gain their love and respect. Not demand it unconditionally.Choose wisely. I had this discussion with Jaime before I left from work. I wish now that I had answered it. Your answer isn't very Tywin-y, nor is it Theon-y. It's actually quite Eddard-y.

All things considered, I am going Tywin for now.

Jamie's Wench

she is definetly Septa Lemore

I be back with the rest of the group

Nope, certainly not. I have major body confidence issues that mean I would never get nekkid in a river in front of a boat full of men each morning. Plus, I am really not religious at all, which Lemore has to at least pretend to be.

Morning! If you are in group one, please vote for each other member of your group. I'll follow up in 6-8 hours and PM those who need to vote :)

Also don't be afraid to ask extra questions! Try quoting something of the poster and <snipping> it so they get a prompt to come see your questions :D

Ok I just woke up but if I try to do this when I get home from work I'll make even less sense (or more likely not do it).

Branthelastgreenseer: First of all, good choice with George Costanza :drunk: I agree with others about those Tyrell boys but I lean more towards Garlan because I get a better vibe from him than Loras and you seem to value hard work and stuff which is good!

Jaime's Wench: I also get a Dornish/Sand Snake vibe but of them I'd say I'm reminded most of Sarella Sand.

Julifay: I do get an ironborn sort of vibe so I will go with Asha for now. I may change my mind later though :P

I'll try to do the rest later :D

I see Asha Greyjoy the most in Julifay's. The willingness to compromise with a rebellious vassal, while also not being someone to be messed with. Independent and spontaneous, while also reasonable, intelligent, and reliable. And the attraction to dangerous men. :pirate:

I see Cersei in Jaime's Wench's answers. I definitely see some Baratheon in there too, but I think Cersei fits better than any of the Baratheon brothers.

I would definitely say Arianne Martell for Rose Rivers. Adventurous, loyal, quick-tempered, rebellious, stubborn -- it all reads very Arianne to me.

For Top12Gun, I'd say Oberyn Martell.

I'll try Bran and Eddard's when I'm back from the store!

Could everyone answer one more question for me, before i decide on my picks for you? My question is: what star sign (regardless of whether you believe in astrology or not, this is purely from a descriptive point of view) suits you the most?

I'm pretty impressed with everyone's picks for me, especially Julifay's. For some reason i never even thought of Ygritte, but now that you've mentioned it, that's very accurate. My only complaint there is that i don't think i'm as tough as Ygritte... i'm more sensitive and emotional, and being an only child, a bit spoilt. I guess that's where the other answers of Arianne come from, because to me she seems like what would happen if Ygritte was raised in comfort and protection. Good picks, all of you!

Could everyone answer one more question for me, before i decide on my picks for you? My question is: what star sign (regardless of whether you believe in astrology or not, this is purely from a descriptive point of view) suits you the most?

I'm pretty impressed with everyone's picks for me, especially Julifay's. For some reason i never even thought of Ygritte, but now that you've mentioned it, that's very accurate. My only complaint there is that i don't think i'm as tough as Ygritte... i'm more sensitive and emotional, and being an only child, a bit spoilt. I guess that's where the other answers of Arianne come from, because to me she seems like what would happen if Ygritte was raised in comfort and protection. Good picks, all of you!

Sorry, I don't know enough of star signs to answer your question. My own is cancer, if that helps.

I immediately thought of a wildling while reading your app, I wasn't sure which one though. Your last sentence, with the hatred of authority, reminded me very much of Ygritte and her position to the 'kneelers'. And on the second read everything fit. :)

Archived