Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

I considered that she didn't want to be Dany and said she could be Arya.

I said I'm shy and not really talkative. How's that Theon? Plus Theon is a character that changes dramatically through the books so you can't really say I'm like him. (or anyone is like him, for that matter) :dunno:

That's not necessarily true. I think there's still a core person there, from beginning to end, just like there is with Jaime. He is still this young man very eager to prove himself from beginning to end - his desire to prove his worth drives him.

I will re-read to decide between Theon and Tywin again, though.

As for not sorting as someone just because they've asked, well that's ... very honourable. I am not very honourable. I don't want to be a Sand Snake because I think half of them are thick sluts, but ...

Eddard is totally Robb Stark or, maybe, Mance Rayder. There's no way Tywin would have answered the loved or feared question with loved.

Indeed. This is what's pulling me back. And I do think you have to put more weight on some questions over others, and that is certainly one of them.

Sticking with Theon for my answer.

As for not sorting as someone just because you've they've asked, well that's ... very honourable. I am not very honourable. I don't want to be a Sand Snake because I think half of them are thick sluts, but ...

And Cersei isn't? :dunno:

Indeed. This is what's pulling me back. And I do think you have to put more weight on some questions over others, and that is certainly one of them.

Sticking with Theon for my answer.

Theon goes through much worse. In the end he is not his self. If you're talking about pre-Storm Theon: Still no. All those women. I'm shy, remember?

Tywin: Rather be feared. Even with the rebel question. Tywin vanished the rebels (Reynes). I wouldn't do that.

And Cersei isn't? :dunno:

Cersei isn't as intelligent as her father or Tyrion, however she is able to fool her husband for thirteen years of marriage. Her plan to create a clone of her own beauty and place it on the Iron Throne worked. Her problem (and mine) is that she can't control herself and those around her when things begin to go wrong. She acts emotionally, when Tywin would act callously, and she lashes out at those who she should be holding close (I lash out at my parents... she lashed out at Jaime).

Gah. I sound like such a Cersei sympathiser

If you want to be a shy character - which one? I'll give you some options: Jon Arryn, Hodor, Sansa, that annoying scribe Danaerys has, Penny the dwarf... :-p

You're a faceless (wo)man. Unless you're willing to give us a paragraph about yourself.

I meant as Rickon. Meant sort-me-as-Rickon. Not sort me. No one else will be Rickon :ninja:

Cersei isn't as intelligent as her father or Tyrion, however she is able to fool her husband for thirteen years of marriage.

Like any effort was even needed. Things either fall in Cersei's lap on their own or she kills the chicken looking for eggs :ninja:

Like any effort was even needed. Things either fall in Cersei's lap on their own or she kills the chicken looking for eggs :ninja:

I think a certain level of skill and daring is required to give birth to three illegitimate children with your twin brother who is supposed to be your highly wrathful husband's guard. From the tidbits GRRM has given about their relationship pre-series, it sounds like she's played all sorts of tricks just to be with Jaime. But even he admits that she only did that because he was her 'sword hand' -- he would have killed Robert and shipped her away, so much as blink. That's one reason why I love Jaime so much - I aspire to have a man who would kill a king for me! But at the same time, I'm a very independent woman who has never needed a man as a shield.

I've just realised that 95% of this sorting for me has gone on my attitude of sex and love. When I think back to the character I most related to during my read of the series, it had nothing to do with that person's sex life.

If you want to be a shy character - which one? I'll give you some options: Jon Arryn, Hodor, Sansa, that annoying scribe Danaerys has, Penny the dwarf... :-p

We don't know anything about Jon. Hodor is a halfwit.

Sansa wouldn't pick those questions. We know almost nothing about Missandei and Penny.

Theon is too open. Why are you still sticking with Theon?

I don't think Cersei really used tricks to be with Jaime. Or at least not in a smart way. She just "went with the flow" and eventually she was discovered.

Here it is. It hope it's enough, otherwise let me know and I'll add something. Starts with an apology. Suggests not very confident in herself.

That was actually meant for St. Arya only. :D

I hate McDonald's food, I love food with molten cheese, (you've just contradicted yourself)

I don't have enough knowledge of McDonalds food to be able to say this. :dunno: I've been there twice, and the smell made me want to throw up. And I only ate ice cream. But then, when I throw some noodles into a pan with cheese...

Okay, if I get sorted Daenerys, fine... but I'll be grinding my teeth worse than Stannis. :lol:

Might change my vote for you because I just read the house sorting test again & I'm reminded that I got a Greyjoy vibe from your answers there:

... Among others, & the attributes you listed.

Some random facts (or answer more of the questions we posted on the sign-up) would help a lot, especially since your result on the last test was a Faceless Man ;)

Well my housing personality test also says one of my top prority is to own a mango farm that should negate all the Greyjoy vibe you get there.

I live in INDIA so most of the time i'm sleeping when you guys are online

brAnthelAstgreenseer: Tyrion

I'm sticking with Tyrion, because you're closest to the supportive member of your family, and like Tyrion, the society you live in isn't really the right one for you. I was going to say Loras, but the Tyrell boys have it too easy. You seem to be more jaded, in a way, because you haven't had everything handed to you on a platter but you've made the best of what you've got.

Jaime's Wench

I really have no idea for you. I've narrowed it down to Arianne, Cersei and Olenna, but i'll have to keep thinking about it.

Julifay Greyiron: Asha Greyjoy

It was a tough one between Asha and Arya, but the decider was that you like reading and learning languages. This seemed more Asha to me, because of her closeness with The Reader and because of Arya's... let's say "lack of talent" for picking up Braavosi.

eddard of the house stark: Ned Stark

Alright, i'm going back to The Ned, because i think you're more of a Stark than a Baratheon, and Robb is a bit too Tully. Your "loved or feared" answer was very Ned-ish to me. I stand by Rickon as being my top choice, but since he's too young, it's got to be Ned.

As for my own... hm. I actually think that personality-wise Daenerys isn't a bad choice, but in terms of our ideals we're nothing alike. I hate unnecessary violence and i don't want to rule over anyone, just like i don't want anyone to be forced into submission with "fire and blood." I can relate to her because of the way she's had to become adventurous and brave purely because of circumstance, but is also still childish and selfish. I sort of respect her for having such noble sentiments in wanting to end slavery in Essos... but i absolutely hate the way she goes about it. The main difference between Daenerys and me is that i could never be as brutal as her, and i also don't agree with the whole "i'm a Targaryen so i deserve to be Queen" thing. Like i said, i think the entire feudal system is horrible. I'd prefer to be a free woman and starve than be a queen and have others live resentfully beneath me. Oh, and i don't get the impression that she's very bright at all. I'm not saying i'm a genius or anything, but Dany has made me shake my head at almost every decision she makes. I wonder why she ever thought any of her ideas were good ones.

Edmure, i don't agree with, simply because there are better choices. If i were to rank them for myself, i'd say

1. Arianne/Ygritte

3. Daenerys

4. Edmure. Also, he's a Tully... and i'm very un-Tully. Family, yes. Duty, absolutely not. Honour... not in a Tully sense.

Arianne was the first character that really jumped out at me as being like me. As well as what i've already said, i share her views on seduction and sexuality. I'm definitely not the type to shy away from men, and as well as using them to get what i want, i just enjoy feeling good about myself and testing whether or not i can have someone. Now i sound like a complete slut. I'm pretty young compared to most of you here, though, if that helps. I'm the right age to be in those "promiscuous years." I'm stupidly reckless and determined to get what i want, too. The main difference between Arianne and i is that i'm nowhere near as attractive.

I can't believe i never even thought of Ygritte before this test. The more i think about it, the more it makes sense. But for myself, i'll leave it up to you guys.

brAnthelAstgreenseer: Garlan.

Jaime's Wench: Obara. You're not ugly, Laura, but she's impulsive and bitter, and you sound a little like that...

Julifay Greyiron: Asha.

Rose Rivers: Arianne.

Top12Gun: Oberyn

eddard of the house stark: Robb. I like Robb more for you, because you seem both decided and shy, like Robb the Lord and... the other Robb. And you have a more outgoing forum personality and a shier one in real life :P I recall you saying something like that :)

ETA-Final votes:

Julifay Greyiron - Sticking with my Arya vote.

Rose Rivers - Sticking with my Arianne vote.

eddard of the house stark - Changing my vote to Robb Stark.

Top12Gun - Sticking with my Tywin vote.

brAnthelAstgreenseer - Doran Martell.

Jaime's Wench - Changing my vote to a Sand Snake, maybe Obara. re-thinking this test :read:

Oh god... This is awful. I really do not like Obara. I was being rather sarcastic yesterday. I'd rather be Danaerys since she at least is fully developed (and, to be fair, is somewhat like me).

The main reason I'm not a big Sand Snake fan is that they're rather under-developed characters. We really don't know much beyond their stereotypical 'badassery'. GRRM seems to have set up a set of badass succubuses (succubi?) and said: "This one looks whiter than white" (Tyene), "This one is the exotic sultress" (Nymeria), "This one is the blokey aggressive one" (Obara) and "this one Laura can't remember anything about" (Sarella).

I am not blaming GRRM too much for creating stereotypes - he has so many other fully-fleshed characters, that these are just a bit of spice to go alongside what I think is an interesting subplot of the story (The Martells are my third favourite House to Lannister and Tully).

But I spend my writing life trying to create fully-fleshed characters myself. So please sort me to one!!

The vibe I keep getting from you, JW, is either Oberyn or a Sand Snake because of the attributes I listed on my first post .. I don't get a Cersei or Arianne vibe at all.

But I understand if you don't want to be sorted as a Sand Snake so I'll keep thinking about it ..

Archived