Who is your favorite character because some aspect of their

Where Boars Glow

When I first read the series, I was amazed at so many things related with LF !

As a child I played with two sisters in neighbourhood, who had youngest brother.

The Younger sister liked me, but i thought the elder one was pretty.

I am obsessive in my love. I cant get one person out of my head. And, like LF, i have my heart broken quite early.

One of papa's friends is an astrologer out of hobby, and he told father that i have some great destiny (may be he only assures my worried dad, and asks him to hold on with hope.)

My beard is like LF. I liked pigeons (mockingbird) as a child. The girl i desired was economically far out of my reach.

Many people think i am doing wrong to them when i am actually on their side (Ned - LF) !

I get along with many factions of a larger group, though those factions may oppose one another.

I hate being played, but i admit i have been played like a fool ! At times, i have acted more with honour like stupid Ned or Brienne and have not acted on my LF-ness :)

Like LF i used to see myself as the hero of my own story.

And, Yes, i like taunting sometimes , someone who is slow witted compared to me as LF does with Ned while taking him to see Catelyn in one of his whorehouses ;)

But after my own recent failures, I have become wary and just laugh inside and not on people's faces....

I feel like a mix of Stannis and Robert. I have a very strong sense of duty, but then there times when I do what I want like Robert.

Funny, I actually relate to both Stannis and Robert as well, which seems sort of paradoxical at first glance because Stannis goes out of his way not to be anything like Robert.

I guess to be more specific about it, like Stannis I feel like I have something to prove (to others and even moreso to myself) due to a past that was basically a series of disappointments and being jipped despite trying really hard. I share his iron will, but the Robert comes in with the fact that it's only for the things I want to due. Among my friends I tend to be loud and boisterous like Robert as well, though around people I don't know so well or I don't like I'm much closer to Stannis - seemingly detached and with a snarky streak.

Sansa - I can be very naive like her, be gullible about people, etc. I also try to be optimistic like Sansa, even at times when I find myself out of my depth

Cat - not my favourite character, but I still like her - I have a strong sense of my responsibility to my family

Edit: I forgot Brienne, because I went through a lot of bullying when I was younger, and she reminds me of myself sometimes.

Hello,

I honostly don't know who I can relate. Maybe Cersei with a little bit of Catelyn because both a mothers (I don't like children!) but, they have different point of views about how to protect not just their children but also their family and loved ones.

Cately has a more "gentle" approach than Cersei's. If someone hurts her family she inmediately makes that person pay for what he or she did but throught honor and all the good and correct side of justice.

On the other hand, Cersei makes sure that person and his or her whole family gets killed, not before being tortured. She gets what she wants by any means nessesary (money, a high place in court, sex)

My friends say I'm shy and introverted but behind that...there's a person that would do things that they would never imagine if someone hurts me or the people I love. So, at first I try to do things lets say legaly, but if that doesn't work I take matters in to my own hands.

Jon Snow

I am a bastard myself and I've never met my father( though he probably wasn't the same as Jons mother or parents) and I am also very loyal to my family but I am also not afraid to do things to make my life the way it is as the same time. In a sense we are similar because I moved away from my family at the cusp of adult hood and began to learn my trade. Though so far this hasn't lead to me being stabbed.

I also talk of the opened eyes thing that was discussed in another form. I always felt alienated from my step-father and half brother at times and even my own mother. This brought me to a point where I was mentally older than others my age. I kind of seeing my own growing up in Jon and I think this makes me connect to him the most.

Tyrion would be a close second I am rather witty in a conversation and everytime he says some quip I try to think if I could say something as clever.

Let's see, my favorite characters are probably Ned, Tyrion, and Stannis.

I identify with Ned's sense of family and his sense of right and wrong (this is the same reason I'm rather find of Davos). Also like Ned, I'm pretty serious which has led people to think I'm kind of dull.

I have Tyrion's fondness for broken things. Also I'm fairly intelligent, or like to think I am at least,and am a bit of a smartass if someone says or does something particularly stupid.

I can identity with Stannis's sense of justice. Mainly the idea that everyone from the most rich and powerful to the lowest beggar will reap what he sows. I've also been described as stubborn as a mule and that I don't know when to give up. I could easily see myself fighting for a lost cause if I believed it to be the right one.

I also know what it's like to feel unappreciated, which connects me to Stannis and Tyrion.

I really relate to characters who seem to have been born into a world that they don't fit into, or where something keeps them from being what they feel like they're supposed to be. Which makes sense...the #1 thing people say about me is that I look nothing at all like who I am.

So, Arya, Sam, Tyrion, Jon. They are my favorites too, though I dont necessarily always "like" them. There's a scene where Ned lists off for Arya all the stuff Bran can still do even though he can't walk (lord of a holdfast, septon, etc.) and she asks Ned if she can be any of those things. That just sealed the deal for me with Arya, right there.

Ironically, not a huge Brianne fan. Maybe because she actually IS a pretty good knight?

And I find that Jamie is really growing on me now that he's without an arm.

Brienne. I'm not quite the looker that she is ;) but i can relate to how brave and loyal she is, and how she stays true to her word. I believe in not being measured by the privileges or disadvantages of being one gender or another - if you're good at something, you're measured by your skill. And brienne didn't let being a girl stop her from wanting to be a part of the rainbow guard. :D

I think it is hard to say a single character relates to me personally.

Maybe I've got a mix of Jon Snow, Arya, Eddard, Stannis, Dany and Tyrion-like qualities ? Perhaps a bit of Littlefinger, Bronn, and Jorah as well.

Ferocious idealism, honour, discipline, wrath, a respect for knowledge, and a good deal of cynicism and black humour as well.

The Starks are the characters I relate to most, as I was definitely "wolf-ish" long before I'd even heard of ASOIAF.

My favourite character is Arya (though I'm male, so obviously there's a lot I can't relate to with the female characters).

Do you also find yourself having more of an ability to relate to Arya's do whatever it takes callousness? Or Eddards tendancy to follow his personal code even when reason makes it clear it will lead him into trouble?

I think my relationship to the characters I like best also stems from my being able to better understand their faults not just the things I like about myself in them.

< points at username

I'm into books, just as he is, I'm witty (I'm seldom left speech-less), and I share his sense of dark humor. He tries to set things right, such as I do.

But I guess, I have a lot of Eddard in me too. My favorite word is "dignitas" (dignity) and that combined with honor is one of my main qualities.

Sansa's my favourite, obviously and that means that ehm.. Well, We are alike. Not completely, mind you. But she is the character I can most relate to and I'm most like her.

That is right to my point. I find Sansa traditionally to be one of the hardest characters for me to relate to. However as the story progresses I think she is growing into someone I can identify more with. It makes sense I never could understand teenage girls. Still to this day :)

When I first read the series, I was amazed at so many things related with LF !

As a child I played with two sisters in neighbourhood, who had youngest brother.

The Younger sister liked me, but i thought the elder one was pretty.

I am obsessive in my love. I cant get one person out of my head. And, like LF, i have my heart broken quite early.

One of papa's friends is an astrologer out of hobby, and he told father that i have some great destiny (may be he only assures my worried dad, and asks him to hold on with hope.)

My beard is like LF. I liked pigeons (mockingbird) as a child. The girl i desired was economically far out of my reach.

Many people think i am doing wrong to them when i am actually on their side (Ned - LF) !

I get along with many factions of a larger group, though those factions may oppose one another.

I hate being played, but i admit i have been played like a fool ! At times, i have acted more with honour like stupid Ned or Brienne and have not acted on my LF-ness :)

Like LF i used to see myself as the hero of my own story.

And, Yes, i like taunting sometimes , someone who is slow witted compared to me as LF does with Ned while taking him to see Catelyn in one of his whorehouses ;)

But after my own recent failures, I have become wary and just laugh inside and not on people's faces....

This is a really good an honest look to the point. I am also one of the big LF defenders on here :)

Sansa - I can be very naive like her, be gullible about people, etc. I also try to be optimistic like Sansa, even at times when I find myself out of my depth

Cat - not my favourite character, but I still like her - I have a strong sense of my responsibility to my family

Edit: I forgot Brienne, because I went through a lot of bullying when I was younger, and she reminds me of myself sometimes.

Do you find yourself growing like Sansa is out of the naitivity?

Archived