Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim

polishgenius

Awesome!!!!!!!!!! It looks brilliant!!!!! Can't wait now, this is like a white version of a Godzilla - Casshern mix (and Goldorak of course), and I trust Del toro to not include dubious patriotic rants or other annoying Hollywood crap (such as seen in Transformers, or any disaster movie where inevitably the parents are divorced, the father useless or the black man dies first)

*rubs hands in glee and pre-books a sack of popcorn*

It'll be getting a PG-13 rating for sure, given Del Toro's desire to appeal to 12-year-olds. I actually hope it makes a decent profit, so that we can get Hellboy 3 up and running.

But I'd hate for Del Toro to waste his time on a sequel to a "dinos vs robots" concept that seems, barring a big surprise, incredibly superficial IMO.

But isn't GlaDOS a fictional AI or something????

*sigh* everyone seems to forget that Ellen McLain is a voice actress, so anytime we hear her voice we automatically think "zomg GLaDOS!" Even when you listen to her in other Valve games or run her voice thru any "robot" filter

Err no, nobody is forgetting that GlaDOS is just a character voiced by an actress, it's the fact that the computer voice in the trailer sounds so very much like said character that makes people refer to her as such (and that's clearly on purpose by the film makers).

And considering that GlaDOS is crazy and homicidal, plugging her into a giant battle robot just seems like a bad idea.

I got a Pacific Rim once :ack:

I enjoyed the GlaDOS cameo, http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/12/13/yes-that-actually-is-glados-in-the-pacific-rim-trailer/ but the action looked a little slow I have to say, the big robot things just lumber around and look more boring than epic (which I'm guessing was the brief for this film.)

AHHHHH GODZIWWAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they'll make the godzilla monster "has nuclear resistant skin, explosive resistant skin, disease resistant" so that the only thing that can harm him is a giant baseball bat swung at 50 mph. Considering the planet has over 5000 ICBMs, couldn't you just hit him with rockets with a metal plate in front to generate as much force?

Considering the planet has over 5000 ICBMs, couldn't you just hit him with rockets with a metal plate in front to generate as much force?

Aaaaaannnd. . . . . you're fired. Clearly *ahem* CLEARLY! giant mechs are the only practical response.

sheesh :rolleyes:

Oh, I meant this movie specifically. [i also didn't mean it as an insult. I just meant he talked about his 12 y.o. self when referencing this movie. It's a good thing if it's PG-13 as then it'll do well. I have no desire to see this movie bomb, even if it's doubtful I'll be seeing it in the theater.]

Archived