What would you do if Stannis died?

Cardinal Sin

Hi guys, haven't posted here in quite a while, but thought I should return :)

I confess that I was only moderately miffed at Robb's demise, feeling that he brought it upon himself by entertaining flawed marriage policies (and I could have predicted that). Disgruntled I was indeed, but I didn't have the mental breakdown some other people seemed to have had (perhaps because I think wolves are silly animals).

However, I need to out as Stannis fan, he is my favourite candidate for the Iron Throne, and I reckon/hope I am not alone on this forum ;)

Anyways, I dread the prospect of Stannis' death, either in aWoW or in aDoS. I would get rather furious. For me, it would be a hundred times as bad as the Red Wedding, and 10 times as bad as Ned's misfortune at the end of aGoT.

I don't know if there are any rumours/theories/foreshadowings regarding Stannis' death, but it might well happen... well, as I said, I would not be all too happy. Especially if he dies before he's had the chance to sort out the Boltons :(

How would you guys react? Dance with joy? Be mildly pleased? Burn the book in frustration (and regret it afterwards)? Throw it on the floor and neglect it for 48 hours, only to pick it up again and binge on the rest of the story?

It would affect me a lot less than Robb's which was no less traumatising for me for all that it was telegraphed ahead of time. Stannis is certainly my current favourite for the Iron Throne so I'd be sad. But I still feel that Stannis, like Robb, has a bit of a tragic air of being doomed and not realising it, I just can't convince myself that he'll ultimately be successful.

In the end I'd probably just switch my allegiance to Dany

Reasons why stannis does not suck:

He is a Badass with a capitol B.

He is an amazing general.

He is the only king that cares about the realm.

He saved the north from alot of pain.

Did I mention what a Badass he is?

He has great jokes.

He will bring justice to westeros.

This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

-Tywin Lannister

the man is very often described as dry and humerless, tho I admit his gay renly joke was gold.

I dunno I just never saw the badd ass in him that I do in say Selmly, Tormund Mance etc.

Mance, Robb, and Balon all cared 'their relms' and it's not as if Renly didn't care.

He brought war to the North, I can't remember the quote but in a davos POV he felt bad for trying to bring the north back into the war, yes he defeated the wildlings but did they ever have a chance of crossing the wall? and if they did the boltons would have crushed them!

He is an O.K general but I think he is overrated!

Now his negative points are ,

Kinslayer

adulterer

religously intolerent

user of cowardly tactics

douch - he choped of davos's fingers, for dog sake was that really nessesery??

It would really piss me off. I've grown so attached to Stannis he's become my favorite character ever in any story. If he dies, I'll throw the book on the wall and cry on a corner. Like seriously. Stannis is my god, he can't die or part of me dies along with him :crying:

the man is very often described as dry and humerless, tho I admit his gay renly joke was gold.1

I dunno I just never saw the badd ass in him that I do in say Selmly, Tormund Mance etc.2

Mance, Robb, and Balon all cared 'their relms' and it's not as if Renly didn't care.3

He brought war to the North, I can't remember the quote but in a davos POV he felt bad for trying to bring the north back into the war, yes he defeated the wildlings but did they ever have a chance of crossing the wall? and if they did the boltons would have crushed them!4

He is an O.K general but I think he is overrated!5

Now his negative points are ,

Kinslayer6

adulterer7

religously intolerent8

user of cowardly tactics9

douch - he choped of davos's fingers, for dog sake was that really nessesery??10

1. Described as such by his enemies, but he tells jokes all the time. And they are funny.

2.When he smashed the wildlings at the wall and his men chanted his name, wasnt that badass?

3. They didnt really, renly even starved his own people, and robb and balon spent their reign fighting and playing the game of thrones

4. They were about to make it over, the nw was desperate enough to negotiate with them, and bolton would be in no position to crush them.

5. Meh, I really disagree. he has won numerous battles against the odds.

6. doesnt really matter to me, renly got what was coming to him.

7. Thats funny, is that really a critisism?

8.A fair critisism, though that is changing.

9. Explain please, assasination is a part of war, and he saved many lives with the shadowbaby.

10.Davos was a smuggler of ilegal goods, he was rewarded for his good deed and punished for the bad.

Archived