ASoIaF Elimination Game 34: Best quotes in ACoK

Leviathan I

First things first, King Euron, the Bolton quote was eliminated early on and the Frey one is kind of late to the party.

As Leviathan suggested, I decided to finish the list myself, since it seems democracy really gets you only so far: :)

1) “This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.”

2) “I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.”

3) “Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died.”

4) “I’ve lost a hand, a father, a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister won this war.”

5) “Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.”

6) “A bag of dragons buys a man's silence for a while, but a well-placed quarrel buys it forever.”

7) “My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel.”

8) “No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.”

9) “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”

10) ”You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you through all seven hells.”

11) "Is there gold hidden in the village?" she shouted as she drove the blade up through his back. "Is there silver? Gems?" She stabbed twice more. "Is there food? Where is Lord Beric?" She was on top of him by then, still stabbing. "Where did he go? How many men were with him? How many knights? How many bowmen? How many, how many, how many, how many, how many, how many? is there gold in the village?"

12) “Dracarys! “

13) “Sorcery is a sword without a hilt. There is no safe way to grasp it. “

14) “Thee'th not to be touched! Thee hath to be a maid, you foolth! Thee'th worth a bag of thapphireth! … Jaime? Why did you shout out? / Why did I shout out 'sapphires,' you mean? Use your wits, wench. Would this lot have cared if I shouted 'rape'? / You did not need to shout at all. / You're hard enough to look at with a nose. Besides, I wanted to make the goat say, 'thapphireth’.”

15) “Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that. “

16) "Do you know who I'm?/ Some dead man."

17) "The boar can keep his tusks and the bear his claws. There's nothing half so mortal as a grey goose feather."

18) “You poor stupid blind crippled fool. Must I spell every little thing out for you? Very well. Cersei is a lying whore, she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack, and probably Moonboy for all I know. And I am the monster they all say I am. Yes, I killed your vile son.”

19) "We will defend the wall to the last man!" "Probably me."

20) “Demons made of snow and ice and cold... The ancient enemy. The only enemy that matters. “

21) “You know nothing, Jon Snow.”

22) "Your brother was a terrible traitor, I know, but if we start killing men at weddings they'll be even more frightened of marriage than they are presently."

23)“Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game.”

“What... what game?”

“The only game. The game of thrones.”

24) “Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner.”

25) "I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor."

26) “You're mine. Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first, we'll live.”

27)That is where you err, my lord. I have been on trial for being a dwarf my entire life.”

28) “King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. every time a new Targaryean is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air, and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

29) "I dreamed of you."

30) "Only Cat."

That's how I think the final list should look. If you like it, feel free to start the game.

That's it from me. I have a few minutes to pack and I have to head out. I wish you all a very fun New Year's and I'll see you in a few days :)

A good final list, but I would change 27 to the alternative:

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

"Nothing but this: I did not do it. Yet now I wish I had. I wish I had enough poison for you all. You make me sorry I am not the monster you would have me be, yet there it is. I am innocent, but I will get no justice here. You leave me no choice but to appeal to the gods. I demand trial by battle"

First things first, King Euron, the Bolton quote was eliminated early on and the Frey one is kind of late to the party.

As Leviathan suggested, I decided to finish the list myself, since it seems democracy really gets you only so far: :)

1) “This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.”

2) “I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.”

3) “Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought bravely. And Rhaegar died.”

4) “I’ve lost a hand, a father, a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister won this war.”

5) “Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens.”

6) “A bag of dragons buys a man's silence for a while, but a well-placed quarrel buys it forever.”

7) “My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel.”

8) “No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.”

9) “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”

10) ”You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you through all seven hells.”

11) "Is there gold hidden in the village?" she shouted as she drove the blade up through his back. "Is there silver? Gems?" She stabbed twice more. "Is there food? Where is Lord Beric?" She was on top of him by then, still stabbing. "Where did he go? How many men were with him? How many knights? How many bowmen? How many, how many, how many, how many, how many, how many? is there gold in the village?"

12) “Dracarys! “

13) “Sorcery is a sword without a hilt. There is no safe way to grasp it. “

14) “Thee'th not to be touched! Thee hath to be a maid, you foolth! Thee'th worth a bag of thapphireth! … Jaime? Why did you shout out? / Why did I shout out 'sapphires,' you mean? Use your wits, wench. Would this lot have cared if I shouted 'rape'? / You did not need to shout at all. / You're hard enough to look at with a nose. Besides, I wanted to make the goat say, 'thapphireth’.”

15) “Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that. “

16) "Do you know who I'm?/ Some dead man."

17) "The boar can keep his tusks and the bear his claws. There's nothing half so mortal as a grey goose feather."

18) “You poor stupid blind crippled fool. Must I spell every little thing out for you? Very well. Cersei is a lying whore, she's been fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack, and probably Moonboy for all I know. And I am the monster they all say I am. Yes, I killed your vile son.”

19) "We will defend the wall to the last man!" "Probably me."

20) “Demons made of snow and ice and cold... The ancient enemy. The only enemy that matters. “

21) “You know nothing, Jon Snow.”

22) "Your brother was a terrible traitor, I know, but if we start killing men at weddings they'll be even more frightened of marriage than they are presently."

23)“Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Remember that, Sansa, when you come to play the game.”

“What... what game?”

“The only game. The game of thrones.”

24) “Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner.”

25) "I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor."

26) “You're mine. Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first, we'll live.”

27)That is where you err, my lord. I have been on trial for being a dwarf my entire life.”

28) “King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. every time a new Targaryean is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air, and the world holds its breath to see how it will land."

29) "I dreamed of you."

30) "Only Cat."

That's how I think the final list should look. If you like it, feel free to start the game.

That's it from me. I have a few minutes to pack and I have to head out. I wish you all a very fun New Year's and I'll see you in a few days :)

Archived