ASoIaF Elimination Game 34: Best quotes in ACoK

Leviathan I

heal 10, hurt 23

1) People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up. 5

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 5

3) They'll kill for that knighthood, but don't ever think they'll die for it. 5

4) The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow. 4

5) I have never liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid. 7

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

8) That man said he’d take your head too / if he can get it off my shoulders, he’s welcome to it. 5

9) If I could pray with my cock, I would be much more religious. 5

10) Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining. 7+

11) There are no men like me. There’s only me. 7

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 10

13) Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less. / So power is a mummer's trick? / A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow. 9

16) He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. 4

17) I seldom fling children from towers to improve their health. Yes, I meant for him to die. 6

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 4

19) She has the blood of the wolf! / And you have the wits of a goose. 5

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 5

21) Courage and folly are cousins, or so I've heard. 5

23) There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk. I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once. It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it. / You drank the wine? / It’s an awful thing to find a brother dead. You’d have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow. 7-

24) A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward. 5

25) A brigand, a barber, a beggar, two orphans, and a boy whore. With such do we defend the realms of men. 8

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 8

27) Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man. 5

29) When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say. 5

30) We look at mountains and call them eternal, and they seem... but in the course of time, mountains rise and fall, rivers change their courses, starts fall from the sky, and great cities sink beneath the sea. Even gods die, we think. Everything changes. 5

For Jay Stark:

1) People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up. 5

4) The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow. 5

5) I have never liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid. 7

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

8) That man said he’d take your head too / if he can get it off my shoulders, he’s welcome to it. 5

10) Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining. 7

11) There are no men like me. There's only me. 7

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 10

13) Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less. / So power is a mummer's trick? / A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow. 9

17) I seldom fling children from towers to improve their health. Yes, I meant for him to die. 6

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 2 (-)

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 5

23) There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk. I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once. It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it. / You drank the wine? / It’s an awful thing to find a brother dead. You’d have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow. 8 (+)

24) A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward. 5

25) A brigand, a barber, a beggar, two orphans, and a boy whore. With such do we defend the realms of men. 8

27) Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man. 5

28) Tears are not a woman's only weapon. You've got another one between your legs, and you'd best learn to use it. You'll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords. 1

29) When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say. 5

30) We look at mountains and call them eternal, and they seem... but in the course of time, mountains rise and fall, rivers change their courses, starts fall from the sky, and great cities sink beneath the sea. Even gods die, we think. Everything changes. 5

ETA: Reaver's last vote has been removed from the score.

2 hours.

Heal 11

Hurt 18

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

10) Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining. 7

11) There are no men like me. There's only me. 8 (+)

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 1 (-)

23) There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk. I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once. It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it. / You drank the wine? / It’s an awful thing to find a brother dead. You’d have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow. 8

28) Tears are not a woman's only weapon. You've got another one between your legs, and you'd best learn to use it. You'll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords. 1

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 4-

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

11) There are no men like me. There's only me. 8

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 2+

23) There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk. I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once. It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it. / You drank the wine? / It’s an awful thing to find a brother dead. You’d have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow. 8

For Saint Arya

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 4

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 2

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 9 (+)

28) Tears are not a woman's only weapon. You've got another one between your legs, and you'd best learn to use it. You'll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords. 0 (-)

Heal- 18

hurt - 2

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 3
-

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 3 +

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 9

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 2 (-)

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 10 (+)

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

8) That man said he’d take your head too / if he can get it off my shoulders, he’s welcome to it. 6 +

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 1 (-)

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 10

Heal 11, kill 18

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

8) That man said he’d take your head too / if he can get it off my shoulders, he’s welcome to it. 6

11) There are no men like me. There's only me. 9+

18) What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger. 0

Two hours

Jay stark

hurt 20

heal 25

and mine

heal 12

hurt 2

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 2-

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

8) That man said he’d take your head too / if he can get it off my shoulders, he’s welcome to it. 6

11) There are no men like me. There's only me. 9

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 11+

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 4-

25) A brigand, a barber, a beggar, two orphans, and a boy whore. With such do we defend the realms of men. 9+

Heal 16

Hurt 12

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 2

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

11) There are no men like me. There’s only me. 9

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 10 (-)

16) He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. 5 (+)

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 4

25) A brigand, a barber, a beggar, two orphans, and a boy whore. With such do we defend the realms of men. 9

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 1 -

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

13) Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less. / So power is a mummer's trick? / A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow. 10+

16) He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. 5

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 4

25) A brigand, a barber, a beggar, two orphans, and a boy whore. With such do we defend the realms of men. 9

2) Those are brave men. Let's go kill them. 0 (-)

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

13) Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less. / So power is a mummer's trick? / A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow. 10

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 11 (+)

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 11 (+)

13) Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less. / So power is a mummer's trick? / A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow. 10

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 3 (-)

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 11

st arya heal 24 hurt 19

me heal 10 hurt 20

6) Valar Morghulis. 8

10) Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining. 8+

12) Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago. 11 (+)

19) She has the blood of the wolf! / And you have the wits of a goose. 4-

20) If you need help bark like a dog / That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help. 2 (-)

24) A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward. 6+

26) There's no shame in fear...what matters is how we face it. 11

Archived