Daeron Targ from The Hedge Knight

The Faceless Bard

Had green dreams ... I didn't understand the relevance of this until after I had re-read the entire series.

Somewhere later in the series it is said that those who have these special powers don't live long, and the wiki says Dareon died of a pox.

Did anyone else miss that the first time they read The Hedge Knight??

I think the Targaryens have an equivalent to green-dreams and other abilities. Which is why their union with First Men blood is a significant combination.

There was a Targaryen female who dreamed of the Doom of Valyria and that's why they fled to Dragonstone. I think other Targaryens are mentioned to have visions.

I think the Targaryens have an equivalent to green-dreams and other abilities. Which is why their union with First Men blood is a significant combination.

There was a Targaryen female who dreamed of the Doom of Valyria and that's why they fled to Dragonstone. I think other Targaryens are mentioned to have visions.

e.g. Danys red woman could now just be a form of her green-dreams

@GallowsKInight, from SSM:

In Valyria, there were two score rival houses that contested for power. House Targaryen, however, was not considered a powerful house. Daenerys the Dreamer, the daughter of the head of House Targaryen, foresaw the Doom and convinced her father to leave Valyria. Her father, Aenar, took his family to Dragonstone along with 5 dragons. In Valyria, this was seen as weakness. The Doom happened 12 years after Aenar left for Dragonstone.

Hope this helps.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived