(F)Aegon's Kingsguard

I was more implying that most of the acceptable Kingsguard candidates from these area were already dead, though it's obviously very difficult to gauge how many characters we haven't met yet that are still roaming both areas. Also the CL weren't nearly as badly damaged as the RL, but anyone with the sword skills to be KG would have been fully involved in the fighting.

Well my point was that any middle lordling that wanted to help his house become major (like Sam's father) who thought that the Gold Co could win, would at least think about joining the cause. If YG/JC and co win, things will change thru out the kingdoms.

• 2 years later...

After the Golden Company and (F)Aegon start taking over the Stormlands, the young king-to-be names Ser Rolly Duckfield as the first member of his Kingsguard. Jon Connington doesn't approve of this and wants the other six sports reserved for the sons of high lord in order to secure political alliances. Assuming the campaign continues to go well in WoW, who could be the choices for these roles?

Some possibilities:

1) Loras Tyrell: If Mace does defect and try and marry Margaery off to (F)Aegon, which many including myself think he will do, Loras would be a natural choice. He's served two kings already and is considered by many to be the finest warrior still alive. While he is very fond of Tommen, he's currently MIA and could be up to any number of things.

2) Lyn Corbray: A bit obscure and off (F)Aegon's radar, but he's known to have killed Lewyn Martell and wields Lady Forlorn, a Valyrian steel sword of great renown. Given the need stressed by Jon Con for famous and well-connected knights, Corbray could be a good connection to the Vale, though he is admittedly a bit older, and his victory over Martell is tainted with the public knowledge that Lewyn was already mortally wounded.

3) Darkstar: While I personally find the character annoying, Gerold Dayne is considered a highly skilled warrior in-universe, carries a very prestigious surname, and has connections to Arianne Martell (another potential bride for the mummer's dragon). Obviously the fact he's currently a wanted man makes this a bit unlikely, but with shake up in power that's occurring, who's to say this remains the status quo? Besides, Balon Swann may be getting lured into a trap by Obara Sand, so Darkstar could emerge as an ally of House Martell.

4) Balon Swann: I realize my previous entry could invalidate this one, but if (F)Aegon takes the throne and Swann is still alive, he might be kept on in the same way Lora could. He was a knight of considerable battle renown ever before the Blackwater, and his honor is so impeccable even Tyrion can't think of something snarky to say about him. If he comes out of the hunt for Darkstar unscathed and discovers the Lannisters out of power, he'll be in a Barristan Selmy-esque situation on what to do with his vows.

Obviously there are very good odds none of these guys get involved with (F)Aegon, and even if one does, they're all likely to face a harsh winter when Dany an the Others come calling. Even still, it's a development we could see in WoW, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

1.) Margaery will likely be unable to free herself from her marriage, save if Tommen should die. However, if Margaery does not win her trial as some WoW predictions have speculated, it is not far-fetched to imagine Loras joining the Targaryens against the Lannisters.

2.) Llewyn Martell is Aegon's uncle. I think his death at Lyn Corbray's hand will be considered against him.

3.) Given that Darkstar tried to kill a princess in AFFC, I doubt anyone would trust him with a prince in WoW.

4.) Hmm... If Balon Swann joins Aegon's Kingsguard, the prince would then have a duck and a swan. Swann would be a good candidate for anyone's Kingsguard. As a skilled fighter and honorable man, I'd like to see him serving someone who doesn't, for example, order the murder of children. (Looking at you Cersei.)

Hmm... If Balon Swann joins Aegon's Kingsguard, the prince would then have a duck and a swan. Swann would be a good candidate for anyone's Kingsguard. As a skilled fighter and honorable man, I'd like to see him serving someone who doesn't, for example, order the murder of children. (Looking at you Cersei.)

we are going to see Swann vs Hotah at some point...hopefully Balon wrecks him.

Well my point was that any middle lordling that wanted to help his house become major (like Sam's father) who thought that the Gold Co could win, would at least think about joining the cause. If YG/JC and co win, things will change thru out the kingdoms.

I agree. I think that Tarly is very ambitious and he might be one of the "friends in the Reach" mentioned by the GC. He might want to make a deal with Aegon, doing what the Tyrell did to the Gardener.

This will be interesting also because if Tarly Sr. sides with Aegon, his son Sam will side with Jon (assumin R+L=J, but with the hints given also in the Tv show I think we can take this for granted).

If he marries Arianne, which I think Arianne will try to make happen, then I expect Ser Daemon Sand to join his Kingsguard.

I once had a crackpot theory that Dany dies fighting the Others, Jon turns down any claim to the crown and goes north of the Wall, and Aegon (fake or not) marries Good Queen Sansa and rules the Seven Kingdoms. If that crackpot were to happen, then there are a number of characters who could join the Kingsguard: Brienne, various Vale knights, various Riverlands knights, Northmen, etc...

If he marries Arianne, which I think Arianne will try to make happen, then I expect Ser Daemon Sand to join his Kingsguard.

I once had a crackpot theory that Dany dies fighting the Others, Jon turns down any claim to the crown and goes north of the Wall, and Aegon (fake or not) marries Good Queen Sansa and rules the Seven Kingdoms. If that crackpot were to happen, then there are a number of characters who could join the Kingsguard: Brienne, various Vale knights, various Riverlands knights, Northmen, etc...

If Sansa ever becomes Queen, Brienne is becoming one of her Queensguards. I'm often not sure of my predictions, but this is one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

After the Golden Company and (F)Aegon start taking over the Stormlands, the young king-to-be names Ser Rolly Duckfield as the first member of his Kingsguard. Jon Connington doesn't approve of this and wants the other six sports reserved for the sons of high lord in order to secure political alliances. Assuming the campaign continues to go well in WoW, who could be the choices for these roles?

Some possibilities:

1) Loras Tyrell: If Mace does defect and try and marry Margaery off to (F)Aegon, which many including myself think he will do, Loras would be a natural choice. He's served two kings already and is considered by many to be the finest warrior still alive. While he is very fond of Tommen, he's currently MIA and could be up to any number of things.

2) Lyn Corbray: A bit obscure and off (F)Aegon's radar, but he's known to have killed Lewyn Martell and wields Lady Forlorn, a Valyrian steel sword of great renown. Given the need stressed by Jon Con for famous and well-connected knights, Corbray could be a good connection to the Vale, though he is admittedly a bit older, and his victory over Martell is tainted with the public knowledge that Lewyn was already mortally wounded.

3) Darkstar: While I personally find the character annoying, Gerold Dayne is considered a highly skilled warrior in-universe, carries a very prestigious surname, and has connections to Arianne Martell (another potential bride for the mummer's dragon). Obviously the fact he's currently a wanted man makes this a bit unlikely, but with shake up in power that's occurring, who's to say this remains the status quo? Besides, Balon Swann may be getting lured into a trap by Obara Sand, so Darkstar could emerge as an ally of House Martell.

4) Balon Swann: I realize my previous entry could invalidate this one, but if (F)Aegon takes the throne and Swann is still alive, he might be kept on in the same way Lora could. He was a knight of considerable battle renown ever before the Blackwater, and his honor is so impeccable even Tyrion can't think of something snarky to say about him. If he comes out of the hunt for Darkstar unscathed and discovers the Lannisters out of power, he'll be in a Barristan Selmy-esque situation on what to do with his vows.

Obviously there are very good odds none of these guys get involved with (F)Aegon, and even if one does, they're all likely to face a harsh winter when Dany an the Others come calling. Even still, it's a development we could see in WoW, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.

My Opinion is he is going to pick some he know is loyal to him, not necessarily strong in combat. So he is pretty much don't like anyone from any realm perhaps Dorne so most likely be his spot to pick the Guards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all it has not been proved that he is fake.

Kings guard cannot switch loyalties that's why it is said a kings guard serves for life.

again my point (2)

If Aegon becomes King, Loras can remain, not unlike Selmy. But can he do it before that? Really, who's going to stop him? He wouldn't be the first oath breaker to be reinstated.

Archived