Summer Islands

louied

I have been confused and interested for some time now about the whereabouts of the summer islands. It seems to me that they do not appear on any map although they are mentioned frequently. Is there any indication as to where they are?

I think I saw some map some time ago that placed them south of Dorne but with ALOT of sea between them.

They are shown on the Lands of Ice and Fire maps.

For the record, the Summer Islands are a chain of three large islands and numerous smaller ones, oriented from north to south with a slight swing to the east. The large islands are, from north to south, Walano, Omboru and Jhala. The capital city of the Summer Islands is Lotus Port, located on Walano. Further north on Walano is the oft-mentioned Tall Trees Town, the home of the Cinnamon Wind and her crew. Jhala is the largest island, containing the Red Flower Vale (home of Jalabhar Xho) and Sweet Lotus Vale. The city of Ebonhead is also located on Jhala. The numerous smaller islands include Koj, the Isle of Birds, Stone Head, Singing Stones, Three Exiles, Moluu, Xon, Doquu and the Bones. The Smiling Sea divides Walano from Omboru and the Indigo Straits divide Omboru from Jhala.

The islands occupy an area of ocean extending from north to south for a thousand miles, and from east to west for almost nine hundred. The town of Last Lament at the north-western tip of Walano is located almost exactly 750 miles due south of Sunspear in Dorne. The islands lie approximately due south of eastern Dorne, the Narrow Sea and the western Free Cities, several hundred miles west of Naath and the western coast of Sothoryos. The Summer Islands divide the Sunset Sea in the west from the Summer Sea in the east.

Archived