THESE FORUMS

I love a song of ice and fire,

and i love these forums dedicated to the books,

but one thing always irritates me, sometimes i start a topic and it immediately is pinned and then locked, it gets frustrating sometimes trying to post a topic about a question you might have or a statement about the story that you'd like to make only to see it pinned and locked because the moderators feel it's not in the appropriate place,

i had some questions once about actions in a feast for crows, i posted a topic under the crows forum, but that forum is for people STILL reading crows, not people already done with it, similar topics get banned in other forums on here for the same reasons,

if they want to get that specific on the forums on what goes where, there needs to be subforums like "finished reading AGOT, finished ACOK, SOS, FFC, ADWD, etc, in addition to "still reading"

sometimes i'll post a general question in "generalASoIAF" and it'll get pinned and locked there as well, like i said, i love these forums, just sometimes it gets frustrating

Well, ironically enough, this thread will probably get locked as well, because it's not in the right place. You have posted this in a sub forum for the Ice and Fire companion book "The World of Ice and Fire". There is a Help forum to get you started. Go through all the forums and sub forums and see what threads are posted there to get to know the place and know where to post in the future :)

Another idea would be to send a PM or two to some of the mods and see if you can get some respons from them. I've understood it that the mods prefer to have PM rather than on-board discussions.

EDITED: I hope this will turn out ok in the end for you.

Your threads keep getting closed because you are posting them in the wrong forum. This forum is specifically to talk about The World of Ice and Fire BOOK. Written by Ran and Linda and GRRM.

Threads that reach 400 posts are locked for housekeeping purposes. Threads that are duplicates or that have descended into fighting or just plain grossness are also locked.

Further public complaints about moderation will not be looked upon kindly. If you have a question, PM Mormont, Angalin or Datepalm. They've been modding the book forums of late and would most likely have an answer to your queries.

Archived