Small questions v.10000

Angalin

This might have been covered at another point, but I was wondering about the "injuries" sustained by the Knight of the Flowers (Ser Loras) upon the storming of Dragonstone (I believe). The book mentioned that he was horribly burned and clinging to life. Is this true? Or is it a cover for something else? Does Ser Loras have a bigger part to play going forward?

It's not really a small question. Some of us (including me with a little pinch of salt) believe it was just lies fed to Cersei, as we know she doesn't have a hard time believing what she wants to hear. A popular theory is that he never led his forces to Dragonstone at all, but that he marched to Highgarden to prepare for an eventual Ironborn attack.

He carried prey (sheep?) up to his roost on "Dragonstone" but apparently not strong enough to carry a horse. At least not while carrying Dany.

Well, so the bird of prey comparison is kinda relevant. We know that large birds of prey are capable of grabbing a sheep or a lamb, but a horse is off-limits.

This might have been covered at another point, but I was wondering about the "injuries" sustained by the Knight of the Flowers (Ser Loras) upon the storming of Dragonstone (I believe). The book mentioned that he was horribly burned and clinging to life. Is this true? Or is it a cover for something else? Does Ser Loras have a bigger part to play going forward?

Difficult to say. I mean leading the van does seem to be in his character, as he was going to lead Renly's in his battle with Stannis that never happened, I believe. And heroic invincibility clearly doesn't exist in this story, so it all seems very in character. Plus, the idea of a disfigured Loras is interesting plotwise, considering so much was said about his good looks.

On the other hand, we don't even know if there was a raid upon Dragonstone at all, do we? With Stannis, Melisandre, Selyse, Shireen and Davos all away, we've had no POV characters, or even any important characters, there. And we know people would be willing to lie to Cersei.

So, in conclusion, no idea. Hope that helps.

In ASOS when Davos is in the Sisters meeting with Lord Godric Borrell he notices the hands on the serving girl/Borrell woman. Godric sees this and says to Davos that she has the mark. 3000 years old. Does anyone know what this mark is and what it refers to?

In ASOS when Davos is in the Sisters meeting with Lord Godric Borrell he notices the hands on the serving girl/Borrell woman. Godric sees this and says to Davos that she has the mark. 3000 years old. Does anyone know what this mark is and what it refers to?

Yes, it's webbed fingers.

Do they keep ravens on ships? You would think redwyne would have a maester and a raven somewhere on his fleet to update someone. Seems that noone in westeros (or at least us readers) have no idea where redwyne or the habor fleet really are. Also, how could neither redwyne twin be brought along by their father on this mission?

Do they keep ravens on ships? You would think redwyne would have a maester and a raven somewhere on his fleet to update someone. Seems that noone in westeros (or at least us readers) have no idea where redwyne or the habor fleet really are. Also, how could neither redwyne twin be brought along by their father on this mission?

Cotter Pyke has 20 ravens and a Maester on board on his way to Hardhome, so there is a least a precedent for this, yes.

It is mostly thought to be web fingers, however it maybe much more extensive then just that, as Godric had web fingers, and Davos did not react nearly as much to his.

What was Roose Bolton's version of the RW? I remember the Frey's amazing tale about Robb being a werewolf, but do we know how Bolton explained things (especially to the other northmen?)

I don't recall one, but at a guess it would be that Robb showed his youth and dishonoured his Lords, a la Karstark executions, Kingslayer release and Frey reneging. And how a man who leads his people to war over his family being dishonoured by his ruler can't afford to do the same to those he rules.

So the Ref Wedding would be his Lords finally saying enough is enough, and WF let things get out of hand. My guess.

The biggest belief from these forums is that he took Dragonstone rather easily (or did not go to Dragonstone at all) and then went to fight the ironborn with Paxter Redwyne.

In ACoK Illyrio sends Strong Belwas and a mysterious squire *cough Barristan* for Dany. Is it ever made clear why he wanted Dany back with him at Pentos?

Its part of his deal Illyrio and Varys made with JonCon and the golden company. There is a discussion in ADWD when JonCon and Aegon reunite with the Golden Company that state that Aegon was suppose to return to Dany in Pentos and potentiall marry and/or ally forces.

What was Roose Bolton's version of the RW? I remember the Frey's amazing tale about Robb being a werewolf, but do we know how Bolton explained things (especially to the other northmen?)

I don't think they even bothered explaining it. The Bolton men were all in on it and the non-Bolton men were either dead or more or less forced to play along. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bolton got what he did for betraying Robb, it's just that it's too dangerous to come out and say it.

I don't think they even bothered explaining it. The Bolton men were all in on it and the non-Bolton men were either dead or more or less forced to play along. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bolton got what he did for betraying Robb, it's just that it's too dangerous to come out and say it.

Roose Bolton never struck me as the PR type anyways. I guess the Freys had more explaining to do since it took place in their castle and they were the ones who, at least technically, broke guest right, not the Boltons.

Archived