Small questions v.10000

Angalin

After returning from the Tower of Joy Howland Reed never left Greywater Watch again. But I have no clue why^^. Maybe too protect a certain secret.

E: Not really important^^ But Thormund Giantsbane reapetly tells us that he has a really big sword in his pants, is there another character in the books that confirms that theory or is he just compensating?

Not so much, although Tormund confirms Longspear Ryk has his nickname for similar reasons.

i have one question:

at high heart the little woman with the green dreams tells not only of renly's death and lady stoneheart, but also the following:

"i dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings"

are there any theories about this already?

it's about balon, but what does it mean? was he only killed by a faceless man hired by crow's eye, or has a faceless man even donned crow's eye?

it's the crow with the seaweed that confuses me especially

"i dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings"

Euron hired a FM to kill Balon. The FM cut the rope on the rope-and-plank bridge Balon was walking to get to his tower.

People often say the Targaryens practiced polygamy in the past. Do we know of any Targaryens after Aegon I who took more than one wife? Also am I correct in assuming that Aegon married both sisters before conquering Westeros and being anointed by the faith? I'm just trying to get a feel for how far-fetched the "Rheagar married Lyanna in secret" theory is.

People often say the Targaryens practiced polygamy in the past. Do we know of any Targaryens after Aegon I who took more than one wife? Also am I correct in assuming that Aegon married both sisters before conquering Westeros and being anointed by the faith? I'm just trying to get a feel for how far-fetched the "Rheagar married Lyanna in secret" theory is.

Maegor the Cruel had 8-9 wives, though not all at the same time.

so i was looking through the noble houses listed on the wiki and noticed that House Hightower has a lot of houses sworn to them even other noble houses such as Mullendore, Costayne, Bulwer, Beesbury, and Cuy.

Obviously not all houses listed as noble are equals, but are there other instances of noble houses being sworn to another noble house in the same fashion?

so i was looking through the noble houses listed on the wiki and noticed that House Hightower has a lot of houses sworn to them even other noble houses such as Mullendore, Costayne, Bulwer, Beesbury, and Cuy.

Obviously not all houses listed as noble are equals, but are there other instances of noble houses being sworn to another noble house in the same fashion?

Yes. House Haigh, for example, is sworn to House Frey, as are House Erenford and House Charlton. Houses Bole, Woods, Forrester and Branch are sworn to the Glovers. House Stout is in service to House Dustin. And I'm sure there are others.

Yes. House Haigh, for example, is sworn to House Frey, as are House Erenford and House Charlton. Houses Bole, Woods, Forrester and Branch are sworn to the Glovers. House Stout is in service to House Dustin. And I'm sure there are others.

Thanks, though except for Charlton, those Houses are listed as Knightly Houses or in the Northern case just "Other" houses. So i suppose i was confused what separated a Lordly house from an Other house?

the only other examples i found were House Harlaw in the Iron Islands and House Royce in the Vale though. Although obviously they aren't on the Hightowers level.

Has it been contemplated that Bloodraven sent the Direwolf south of the wall by Warging it? It is noted that a Direwolf hasn't been seen south of the wall for years... Something could be controlling this if not fate.

Yep, a lot of people think that Bloodraven had something to do with the Starks getting their direwolves.

I have a random question that popped in my head the other day

Other than Craster, was it ever stated if there were other Wildlings who refused to join Mance Rayder? I can't remember talk of any but it might be something I overlooked.

Maegor the Cruel had 8-9 wives, though not at the same time. The most wives at a time was four.

Just going to clarify this a bit: Maegor had 8 or 9 wives, though not all of them at the same time (i.e., some were at the same time).

Also, George mentioned that there may have been some later instances of polygamy as well.

Euron hired a FM to kill Balon. The FM cut the rope on the rope-and-plank bridge Balon was walking to get to his tower.

This is really odd. Why does he have a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings? Did an FM take over Damphair?

This is really odd. Why does he have a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings? Did an FM take over Damphair?

Almost all, if not all, ironborn go through the drowning ritual, I'm pretty sure. It's a religious rite like a baptism. So a "drowned crow" could be interpreted as an ironborn with crow imagery somewhere — namely Euron Crow's Eye. Nothing to do with Aeron.

Archived