Small questions v.10000

Angalin

What was Roose Bolton's version of the RW? I remember the Frey's amazing tale about Robb being a werewolf, but do we know how Bolton explained things (especially to the other northmen?)

I think that the rest of the north know Roose well enough to know why he did what he did. The Boltons have always been power hungry, not allowing themselves to be subjugated by Winterfell until as recently as 1000 years ago. Plus as much as he seems to be greatly respected by many he never seems to be trusted by any and none considers him a friend.

What happened to Robert's warhammer? I would think he was probably buried with it, but I wonder.

Cercei had it melted down and reforged as two smaller hammers, gifting them to 2 of the interchangeable Kettleblack brothers, and naming them "insult" and "injury".

Just kidding. I don't think there is any textual material to tell us the answer.

Cercei had it melted down and reforged as two smaller hammers, gifting them to 2 of the interchangeable Kettleblack brothers, and naming them "insult" and "injury".

Just kidding. I don't think there is any textual material to tell us the answer.

Its funny because there is only one time we actually see it I believe which is at the Tourney of the hand outside of Robert's tent when he thinks he can Melee. I wish HBO would have picked that up and put it in the show but oh well.

I don't think they even bothered explaining it. The Bolton men were all in on it and the non-Bolton men were either dead or more or less forced to play along. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bolton got what he did for betraying Robb, it's just that it's too dangerous to come out and say it.

well he said something, this was the bit I just read that made me ask:

"he Lord of White Harbor leaned forward. “The Freys are no better. They speak of wargs and

skinchangers and assert that it was Robb Stark who slew my Wendel. The arrogance of it! They do not

expect the north to believe their lies, not truly, but they think we must pretend to believe or die. Roose

Bolton lies about his part in the Red Wedding, and his bastard lies about the fall of Winterfell. And yet so

long as they held Wylis I had no choice but to eat all this excrement and praise the taste.”

well he said something, this was the bit I just read that made me ask:

He probably said something to the effect that he got away and was "forced" to make peace with the Lannisters. But given how obviously that's a lie, I don't consider it to be an actual "explanation." I doubt anyone in the North really believes Bolton's hands are clean; it's just that at this time, they have to go with it.

Just a chronological question:

I know that both Robb and Jon are supposed to be about 14 at the start of AGoT, or about 17/18 in the TV show, but...

Did Eddard meet and marry Catelyn BEFORE the war ended/Tower of Joy, thus Ned meeting Cat and Robb being conceived first OR did Eddard show up with baby Jon Snow at his marriage to Cat, where he also met her?

Just curious, i've always wondered which of the two boys was older and if Ned had actually met and/or married Cat before the Jon thing happened.

Just a chronological question:

I know that both Robb and Jon are supposed to be about 14 at the start of AGoT, or about 17/18 in the TV show, but...

Did Eddard meet and marry Catelyn BEFORE the war ended/Tower of Joy, thus Ned meeting Cat and Robb being conceived first OR did Eddard show up with baby Jon Snow at his marriage to Cat, where he also met her?

Just curious, i've always wondered which of the two boys was older and if Ned had actually met and/or married Cat before the Jon thing happened.

IIRC they met, marry, made Robb before the war ended, after the nuptial night Ned go back to the war (with the riverun swords).

Jaime's list of who was stronger than him, I remember both Cleganes, Robert, the White Bull andI think a Crakehall...was there anyone else? I think I have a vague sense Arthur Dayne was unexpectedly there, even though I think of him as more a speed/skill guy, for no reason whatsoever.

Also, no Greatjon or Victarion?

Jaime's list of who was stronger than him, I remember both Cleganes, Robert, the White Bull andI think a Crakehall...was there anyone else? I think I have a vague sense Arthur Dayne was unexpectedly there, even though I think of him as more a speed/skill guy, for no reason whatsoever.

Also, no Greatjon or Victarion?

Greatjon was one of those mentioned. I agree re: your impression of Arthur Dayne though.

Greatjon was one of those mentioned. I agree re: your impression of Arthur Dayne though.

The speed/skill for no reason part, or that he was on Jaime's list, unexpectedly? Or both?

Edit: Cool on GJ. So Vic only notable Westerosi omission. Wait...Bronze Yohn? He's still supposed to be frighteningly strong...in his youth, he must have been incredible.

This is about the show.. seems to me there was no thread like this in that part of the forum.. Has Dolorous Edd been casted?? Somebody said he did in one thread.. If he really did, which episodes did he appear??

This is about the show.. seems to me there was no thread like this in that part of the forum.. Has Dolorous Edd been casted?? Somebody said he did in one thread.. If he really did, which episodes did he appear??

Yes he has been casted. Ben Crompton plays him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Crompton.

He had some scenes in season two.

He appeared in the following episodes:

"The North remembers"

"The Night Lands"

"The Ghost of Harrenhall"

"The Prince of Winterfell"

"Valar Morghulis"

http://www.imdb.de/media/rm1506978560/ch0251496

He´s that guy standing at front, behind him you see Grenn and behind Grenn Sam.

Its part of his deal Illyrio and Varys made with JonCon and the golden company. There is a discussion in ADWD when JonCon and Aegon reunite with the Golden Company that state that Aegon was suppose to return to Dany in Pentos and potentiall marry and/or ally forces.

Would they of achieved this if Viserys was still alive/Khal Drogo still alive?

Yes he has been casted. Ben Crompton plays him http://en.wikipedia....i/Ben_Crompton.

He had some scenes in season two.

He appeared in the following episodes:

"The North remembers"

"The Night Lands"

"The Ghost of Harrenhall"

"The Prince of Winterfell"

"Valar Morghulis"

http://www.imdb.de/m...78560/ch0251496

He´s that guy standing at front, behind him you see Grenn and behind Grenn Sam.

Seriously, how come I wasn't able to catch that? He's one of my favorite.. Damn, did he have the awesome qoutes that he had in the books?? I even downloaded the all seasons with subs..and i thought i already know GoT by heart :bawl:

Why does Beric Dondarrion battle Sandor with a flaming sword? Isn't that Thoros of Myr's schtick?

Maybe he's just picking up on his best friend's trick, but I think it's probable that he did it to scare Sandor, even if he didn't know the story of how the Hound got burned, or that he is deathly afraid of fire, he obviously sees that his face is burned and would probably think to light his sword up as an intimidation tactic.

Archived