The fate of the weasel clan, the Freys

Optimus Brian

Wouldn't it be fitting if all of Lord Walder's children died before him? They all bicker about who the next Lord of the Crossing is going be. It would be sweet justice if he just sat in his chair and decayed slowly knowing that all of his heirs are being executed and the whole line will perish.

that would be EPIC

And for the rest of the Frey-Spawn:

We already have frey pies, why not complete the dinner with a fine weasel soup? Lord Manderly would be pleased with this I guess :devil:

Sounds like a plan to me. Weasel soup went down well at Harrenhal, after all :P

Always dangerous to forget Black Walder...

Black Walder will be the final undoing of the Freys. Even Little and Big Walder remark in CoK how he wants to be Lord even though he is the oldest son of the second wife. With the heirs dying left and right, Black Walder is now third or fourth in line. Hosteen will most likely die figthing Stannis by either Stannis or Manderly. Black Walder will then kill his way to the top and will further decimate the Frey house. Walder will most likely die in WoW, and he only taught Stevron, his original heir, to care about the entire family. Wait and see if a small civil war breaks out when that happens or for Black Walder to kill those in front of him at a family meeting.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a thought. Maybe the Twins should perish in some natural disaster, as they are now infamous for the RW. What if the Rosby branch of the Freys goes north? I can think of at least one Northern House that would have to be finally erased from history by the end of the books. Maybe the Boltons' castle and lands will be a good place for a fresh start?

To be honest, I find this unlikely, but still - it would be a nice twist.

As soon as Walder Frey dies, they'll kill each other. There are too many aunts, uncles, nephrews, cousins, daughters, grandsons, sons-in-law kin to big houses...

Only Black Walder will survive and in the end either unCat or Arya or Drogon kil him.

Well, I've written this long text containing my prediction for tWoW (http://asoiaf.wester...art-of-the-wow/)

Here are the 2 extracts concerning the Freys (Check the rest out as well, It's quite large but it'll be worth it).

1/about the battle for Winterfell

6) Rerum Awesomness (AKA Why Stannis is going to crush his opponents)

First of all, yes I’m a fan of Stan the Man, but I’ve tried really hard to judge his situation in the same way as the characters who don’t appeal as cool to me.

That being said, there is no way in seven hells that Stannis is going to lose the battle for Winterfell. Why? Well, let’s start with a simple assessment of Stannis’s strengths and weaknesses (or rather those of his army, Stannis doesn’t have any weaknesses).

First his weaknesses: Stannis army is hungry, cold and probably outnumbered. He has no cavalry left and Stannis isn’t used to fighting in the snow (one battle against the Wildlings doesn’t count).

Now his strengths: First off all Stannis’s opponents outnumber him when they combine their troops, that’s true, but luckily for him they all hate each other more than they hate him. The Freys, the Manderleys and the armed forces of the Bastard of Bolton will not join forces and they’ll all attack separately. Secondly he has the home field advantage. His enemies have to come to him and that gives him time to prepare some surprises for them. Thirdly the Bastard of Bolton (I don’t recall if the others knew about it) expects that the Karstarks are going to switch side as soon as they see the flayed man of Bolton approaching, but since Stannis has secured the men of Karborg after apprehending their leaders Ramsay will be very disappointed. Fourthly Stannis, through the captured Maester has the perfect tool for feeding false information to his enemies. He obviously used this tool, the pink letter Ramsay send to Jon Snow was full of false information that Stannis wanted to feed to Ramsay. Fifthly Stannis is a battle-hardened commander. The reputation of the commanding officers on the other side is less radiant. I don’t know who commands Manderleys host (probably the nephew who is captain of the guard), so I can’t say anything about him. The others however are known. Ramsay is a vile brute, he never had any proper weapon training and I doubt they ever bothered to learn him the basics of commanding. He’ll probably charge the same way he fights, like a mad man. The Frey army under the command of Ser Aenys would have been a formidable foe. Luckily for Stannis, Mors Umbers trap killed Ser Aenys and the command fell to Ser Hosteen. Stannis gave Ser Hosteen a promising nickname namely Ser Stupid. What we have seen of this guy so far is that he’s a very good soldier, but not a good commander. I think he’ll lead the Freys host to certain death. Finally, a big part of Stannis’s host are experienced North men, they know how to fight in the cold. That’s a big advantage against the Freys who aren’t familiar to these kind of conditions.

Now, how is this battle going to unfold exactly? I’ll think the armies will arrive in the following order. 1) The Freys 2) The Manderleys 3) Ramsay.

When the Freys arrive they’ll see a small settlement on the other end of a white plain. Stannis will have fortified the village with a wall of snow by then, with his troops placed behind it. From behind that wall they’ll mock the Freys and provoke Ser Stupid in to a full-blown charge. Ser Stupid will lead that one himself and place all the Frey cavalry in the front rows to bust through the wall of snow. Regrettably for him what he thinks to be a plain is actually a frozen lake. That frozen lake is already very weakened by the many holes the Baratheon men drilled into it (Stannis would have patched this holes up obviously) and it won’t hold under the force of a massive charge. Ser Hosteen and the other mounted soldiers and knights off the Frey force will drown in the lake, some foot soldiers will fall in the same trap, but I suspect that most of them survive (Be it terrified and without a clear leader).

After this three things can happen. A) Stannis clan members clad in snowshoes attack them and slowly drive them into the frozen lake.

The Manderleys arrive. They were never planning on fighting against Stannis and now they can switch sides with relative ease. Their army attacks and again they drive the remaining Freys into the lake.

C) A combination of A) and .

When the Freys are dealt with, it will be time to deal with Manderley. But even if the Manderleys don’t attack the Freys, they’ll hoist a white flag and bend the knee to King Stannis.

After this Stannis will use the false Maester again to trick Ramsay in to believing that his forces have killed Stannis. Then there are two possibilities: A) Stannis rides out with the new additions to his army and catches Ramsay with his pants down so to speak. Bye bye Boltons Bastard.

I think this scenario is unlikely but it would be awesome. Stannis could sent his army away and pretend to be captured by the Manderleys/Karstarks alongside a group of his most trusted knights. If he does this, he is sure to be allowed into Winterfell. Once inside the Manderleys show their true colors and start attacking the Boltons. They’ll hold the gates open for the rest of Stannis army to get inside. The hosts of the Umbers, the Hornwoods, Cerwyn, Ryswell and Dustins will surrender right away and the Boltons will be dispatched to asshole heaven (aka Hell).

If the first possibility turns out to be true than they’ll have to march on Winterfell itself. I think this is where Theon and the Manderleys come into play. If they bring the truth about the sack of Winterfell to light the non-Bolton Northerners will rebel and in an orgy of carnage defeat the Boltons. I also had this vision of them bringing a captured Ramsay to the walls and torture him until he cries out the truth (I suspect that Ramsay will be a lot less vicious when he’s on the other side of the flaying knife).

Another possibility is that Bloodraven intervenes and uses his ravens to show some sort of secret entrance to the crypts and that they attack from below. At the end of the day Stannis will hold dominion over Winterfell.

[There are a lot of people out there who believe that Stannis is going to be the new Nightsking. Personally, I think that if we are to get a new Nightsking an escaped Roose or Ramsay Bolton would be the best choice]

2/ about the Twins

12) A Blackfish in the Neck: “Family, duty, honor”

I think that we are going to get a Blackfish POV in the next book. Why? Because I think that we’ll need eyes in the place he’s heading to.

The last time we saw the BF, he escaped from Riverrun and he apparently disappeared into thin air. The readers – and the characters as well – don’t know where he went. So where did he go? To answer that question we need to look at his family motto: “family, duty, honor.” The Blackfish is a stubborn, tough and skilled knight who loves his family, but he’s also smart enough to realistically asses his changes off success and make tough decisions based on them. Let’s start with a couple of scenario’s for the BF (I think that D is bound to happen, but please read the others as well).

D) Attack the Twins and save Roslyn:

I think that this scenario will take place. Edmure told his uncle off Roslyns pregnancy. Edmure also told the BF that Roslyn sincerely loves him and that she didn’t want to take part in the RW. The BF also knows that Edmure’s child will never be save while the Lannisters occupy Riverrun. Especially when it’s a boy. And there are other bonuses he gets by attacking the Twins as well like for example liberating the nobles from the North and the Riverlands who are still held hostage, revenge on the Freys and a signal to the Realm. He will also have the advantage of surprise on his side.

Now how will this attack take place? Where will he find the troops to pull off such a daring attack? The answer is simple: Greywater Watch.

At Greywater watch he’ll find the soldiers of House Glover and Mormont who were sent there by Robb (+ survivors of the RW) and of course the Crannogmen.

The Crannogmen and the Freys off the crossing have had a feud for several centuries. And the Northerners hate the Frey for their betrayal. I think that the BF will propose this plan to attack the Twins and that Howland Reed will support it, even if the others are against it (He’s a pretty brave guy if you ask me). There might also be some sort of representative off the BwB there who pledges the brotherhood down for attack (In that case Hot Pie as their man on the inside could open the gates after the Crannogmen killed the watchers on the wall).

The actual attack itself will happen in the midst of the night. Crannogmen armed with poisoned arrows will kill off the guards, the BF and his outfit of crannogmen and Northerners are going to bust the Greatjon and the others out of jail and then they’ll rescue Roslyn. In the battle that follows inside the Twin most of Old Walder Freys descendants will be butchered and the Twins itself lit on fire (or at least half of it).

A POV in the neck would also give us information about the Crannogmen, Howland Reed, Jon Snows parentage and of course Robbs will.

[People will have noticed that I left Jeyne Westerling out. That’s because I don’t think she’s going to be relevant in the future. She sure as hell isn’t carrying Robbs child]

Here's my bet. The Northern Houses will kill Roose Bolton and his remaining bannermen once Ramsay leaves with a good portion of them for the Wall to fetch his bride from Jon Snow, with Stannis being not far behind trying to take out Ramsay. Littlefinger will hear of this and send word to King's Landing that he will send troops from the Vale to secure the North for the Realm. Littlefinger will stop by the Twins in order to unite his forces with Lord Walder Frey's. Once he's let inside the Twins, Littlefinger will massacre the Twins and kill everyone, for his love of Cat and the new Queen in the North. Littlefinger then openly declares the Vale and the Riverlands for the North and their new ruler being Sansa, and both would be greatly loved by people who aren't loyal to the Lannisters. House Frey will then be scattered and screwed. I'd say the rest would be taken out by wolves.

Big Walder will snitch to the northerners that it was the Boltons who razed winterfell in aSoS,not the iron born, and Stannis will reward him with lordship of the twins. Remember how many times big Walder stated that he would become The Lord despite the highly unlikely scenieros? It seems to me that he is growing more and more disgusted with his kin, which has led him to murder his cousin and once close friend, little walder

They don't need to be made extinct, it is too big of a clan it shouldn't be wiped out fully (a good number had little if anything to do with the R W scheme); but they do need to be destroyed as a noble house and their holdings giving to non-faithless murderers. And regardless of the outcome of the story its almost certainly gonna happen.

I agree with this, I really don't think all the Freys will be wiped out. A lot of them do deserve to be but there are also others that took no part in the RW. I think they will definatly lose the Twins.

Big Walder will snitch to the northerners that it was the Boltons who razed winterfell in aSoS,not the iron born, and Stannis will reward him with lordship of the twins. Remember how many times big Walder stated that he would become The Lord despite the highly unlikely scenieros? It seems to me that he is growing more and more disgusted with his kin, which has led him to murder his cousin and once close friend, little walder

Sure. Stannis will reward him with the Twins for snitching, and then he'll execute him for murdering Little Walder. Big Walder knows Stannis's reputation. He is not planning to join Stannis. He didn't killed Little Walder because he is disgusted with his kin, he murdered him because Little Walder was ahead in the succession. Big Walder has old Lord Frey's views on kinship... and, as long as he is careful, Stoneheart and Manderly are his greatest allies in achieving his goal.

Archived