was Jaime ever really an 'evil' person (so is it really a redemption arc)

Lady Green

Unless you can figure out a way to not get caught? I don't think anyone does a crime thinking....well only a matter of time before i have to turn myself in.

But if that ''way to not get caught'' means that you have to kill an innocent 8-year-old, that's perfectly okay? It's kinda stupid Cersei and Jaime actually thought no one would ever find out.

It's not "perfectly okay", but he had no other option.

Even Cersei yells at him that there were better options than throwing Bran out of the window.

It is really a bad excuse for him not being perfectly wrong in throwing him out of the window ''because he had a (good) reason.''

Even Cersei yells at him that there were better options than throwing Bran out of the window.

It is really a bad excuse for him not being perfectly wrong in throwing him out of the window ''because he had a (good) reason.''

Oh yeah, she keeps screaming in his ear: HE SAW US, HE SAW US, HE SAW US. After that, she get's mad for what he did. Classical Cersei.

It's not "perfectly okay", but he had no other option.

Again, if Cersei Lannister thinks you've gone too far, you've seriously gone too far.

Am I missing something?

What about the fact that Aerys was going to bring KL down, with half a million people in it? Just to turn into a dragon...

Aerys was an old, mad man while Jaime was in the prime of his youth. Plus, Tywin and Ned had already entered KL-how difficult would it have been for an armed Jaime to keep an unarmed Aerys in the throne room?

Oh yeah, she keeps screaming in his ear: HE SAW US, HE SAW US, HE SAW US. After that, she get's mad for what he did. Classical Cersei.

I know right? How can any guy think straight when that woman's always nagging at him.

Cripes.

The ''he saw us'' appears only once in that scene, but nevermind. If you think that that is a good reason to throw Bran out of the window, go ahead. But it does make me wonder...

But if that ''way to not get caught'' means that you have to kill an innocent 8-year-old, that's perfectly okay? It's kinda stupid Cersei and Jaime actually thought no one would ever find out.

More they tried to ensure no one would ever find out

@Winter's Knight your avi scares the shit out of me. Anyways Jamie is evil IMO and I don't see how he is on a redemption arc when the people he have hurt most and betrayed he have done NOTHING to at least try to fix what he have done.

I don't see how Jamie has tried to do right to the people he have wronged. It's his and Cersei's fault that another civil war have broke out yet I don't see him telling Westeros that he did father bastards with his sister and helped put them on the throne. Jamie has in no way even begun to try to make up for 1/3 or the shit he started. I still am trying to see this redemption arc that Jamie has supposedly begun

She yelled...halfhearted...afterwards there were other options...but she definitely didn't offer any up....and i think it weighed on her conscience less then it did his.

How nice for you to assume that. Fortunately Jaime didn't take that leap of faith and take an enormous chance by thinking it was done with.

Imagine a mad king trying to find where the explosives are hidden while the city is being looted by Lanister army. What are the chances to succed this or to find a man to command him to do it especially while Jaime was there to stop it. Jaime was only saving HIMSHELF. The king's loyal bodyguard had no chance to survive for long when the rebellion was in the gates of the red keep. Even his father had to kill new-born babies, give his only daughter and smile like a moron in order to get a pardon from the new king for not helping him when there was grave need......

(Barristan was an allfamous radiant Knight, no matter what we think of him, while jaime was just Tywin's son.)

Finally we all realise why he pushes Bran. But noone really should JUSTify him......

The ''he saw us'' appears only once in that scene, but nevermind. If you think that that is a good reason to throw Bran out of the window, go ahead. But it does make me wonder...

Oh no, I believe that throwing Bran out the window is a good idea because is the best way to make sure the secret will remain a secret. I was just pointing out that Cersei wants Jaime to deal with the situation and then complains when he does the only thing he cold have done.

hahahah......u r right. jamie had a choice.

Jamie to Bran: " oops!!!! "hi bran, what r u doin here ?? we were not expecting u. Please dont tell this to anybody. Please accept this blank cheque from the Bank of Casterly rock and fill whatever amount u want to fill. But please ah , this shuld remain secret. Thanks a lot buddy and Now please leave us. I need to finish my orgasm."

Sorry, I just HAD to quote this.

Maybe I'm the only one who saw it this way, but I think the only reason that Cersie was upset about Jaime pushing Bran is because he didn't actually die thus increasing their risk of being caught and now punished for attempted murder.If Bran died from the fall, Cersie would have been ecstatic because it would have appeared accidental and their life would move on.She was screaming at him to do something, she knows how Jaime would interpret that, she gets to keep her hands clean and claim the moral high ground after the fact.Isn't this her m/o, she uses her women's weapons (tears and her body), to get men to do what she wants then claims innocence.She's a manipulator......and I'm not saying Jaime's not culpable, he's completely wrong and at fault, but the only reason Cersie looked down on this was because Jaime failed in his attempt to kill the boy.

Archived