Theories for TWoW, round 2 [SPOILERS]

OberynBlackfyre

I think that the dragons will gain power:

*Aegon will gain power in Westeros

*Dany will gain more power on the East and

*Jon will gain power north the wall with the wildings and Stannis. (Jon will be resurrecteb by Melisandra.)

Tyrion will be hand of the King and manipulate everything and everyone.

Their combined strenght will be the force against the Other.

After they win, they will kill each other (maybe with the exception of Jon) and Dany will be the last dragon.

Bran will be the champion of the Others or somehow involded with them being part of something.

book6 deaths:

A lot of Freys

Ramsey Bolton

book7 deaths:

Jon

Aegon

Jaime

Cersei

Stannis

Victarion

Euron

Darkstar

Will survive:

Dany

Arrienne

Sansa

Davos

Hodor

Arya

Rickon

Loras

Gendry

Rickon and Arya will be the survivor leaders of north after the great war finished creating a new age for winterfell.

The Boltons will survive for the very reason that everyone expects them both to die. I would love to see some sort of dark twist involving Roose and Ramsay. Look at his name (Roose) it implies some sort of trickery (ruse). This is pretty far out but I took this from another thread

mediterraneo: We read quite early (I'd say first book, as the important things, but I'm not sure) that ancient Boltons slayed, skinned and wore the skin of their ancient Stark enemies. The term "wear the skin" is the first men term for "warg something that is not a wolf", being warging a particular case of skinwearing.

This suggests a magical intention in the ancient Boltons. Not necessarily a magic result, but the series revealed itself much more magic than we first thought.

So, it maybe still a hinted thing, maybe Martin is leaving doors open to add or not something later, or it is simply a crackpot.

But I wouldn't be surprised if somebody came to me telling that, say, there is only one Bolton, since the beginning of time, and that he wears the skins of humans generation after generation, and that the book had something to do with the genere of things that him, and in parallel Melisandre on the fire side do, using similar techniques to the Faceless Men.

Maybe crackpotty, but not devoid of a point of style and simmetry.

I repeat: invention. But funny. And do not say I didn't tell it to you when...

Not saying I believe this to be true, but it isn't that far-fetched and I think there is something that we still don't know about the Boltons.

Well, we haven't really seen much of Old Walder lately, so I can only imagine what he is thinking after many events.

He has to be feeling the pinch. So many of his family are turning up dead one by one. You have to wonder what is going on in his mind.

Many speculate about a big Frey downfall event. I am wondering if they keep getting killed until barely anyone is left of cosequence.

Or when the late Walder dies, what Merrett implied comes true. All the Frey factions turn on each other.

As much as I want the Boltons to die in Winterfell by Stannis' hand, I don't see that happening. Martin already set up the letter to Jon, I can see Stannis freeing Winterfell, but the Boltons and some of their men escape with Mance. I think they are going to the wall and we'll see some kind of confrontation with Jon there.

Not sure how Mereen will play out, but it will end with Dany leaving with her dragons and an expanded entourage that will now include Tyrion, Penny, Jorah, and others on Greyjoy ships back to KL.

Jon will be done with the wall and released from his oath and will get some much needed info. He'll go to Winterfell in TWOW before leaving for KL.

Brienne and Jaime will go on another road trip together. Hanky panky will ensue.

Cersei will gain control of the throne again. Tommen will die in the end of TWOW.

Arya will make it to Westeros on a mission when we see her next. They'll skip over the rest of her training in a time jump. She may be hired by the Bravos bank to kill Cersei for not paying the crown's debts so the bank can back Stannis.

Sam will finish his training and become a maester.

What if Arya changes her face to look like Jaime, then kills Cersie? Obv changing to look like him would be so she could easily gain access. Can they do that or do they just assume some random face?

What if Arya changes her face to look like Jaime, then kills Cersie? Obv changing to look like him would be so she could easily gain access. Can they do that or do they just assume some random face?

I think the person has to be dead, so they can steal the face.

As much as I want the Boltons to die in Winterfell by Stannis' hand, I don't see that happening. Martin already set up the letter to Jon, I can see Stannis freeing Winterfell, but the Boltons and some of their men escape with Mance. I think they are going to the wall and we'll see some kind of confrontation with Jon there.

Not sure how Mereen will play out, but it will end with Dany leaving with her dragons and an expanded entourage that will now include Tyrion, Penny, Jorah, and others on Greyjoy ships back to KL.

Jon will be done with the wall and released from his oath and will get some much needed info. He'll go to Winterfell in TWOW before leaving for KL.

Brienne and Jaime will go on another road trip together. Hanky panky will ensue.

Cersei will gain control of the throne again. Tommen will die in the end of TWOW.

Arya will make it to Westeros on a mission when we see her next. They'll skip over the rest of her training in a time jump. She may be hired by the Bravos bank to kill Cersei for not paying the crown's debts so the bank can back Stannis.

Sam will finish his training and become a maester.

Arya can't kill Cersei because FM don't kill anyone they know. Although I wouldn't put it past Arya to lie to the FM and say she doesn't know Cersei because she's on her kill list. I do agree though that a job is the way Arya will make it back to Westeros.

i started this thread so long ago, i love it that it got so big they had to create a new thread for it, let's keep it going!

I think Victarion Greyjoy will die at the hands of Barristan Selmy in his attempt to steal Dany away back to Westeros, maybe the two of them will both die in an epic duel, that would be one for the Bards to sing of, am i right?

Dany still needs to be betrayed for love, maybe it's Daario, she definitely loves him, he seems to me like the best candidate

King Stannis will smash the Freys on the frozen lake in the Woflswood, maybe the Manderly men will turn on the Freys when they get the opportunity, combining their forces with King Stannis to kill the Frey hosts and then think up Stannis's next plan of attack.

Sam will continue his training in Oldtown, and by the end of the book will get his chain, and maybe uncover Jaquen's plot-line in the process?

Jon, i don't know, is he dead? i'd like to think he's not. but with Martin you never know

Bran continues his training, by the end of the book realizes through his advanced warging/greenseer abilities that he needs Dany to come to Westeros with her dragons so he can warg one and fight the others in the battle for the dawn

Jaime and Brienne, she's taking him to Zombie Catelyn, who will make him stand in a trial of his own, but what will be the outcome of that?

i think both queens in King's Landing will be found guilty, though Robert Strong will win and Queen Lannister will be set free, while Queen Tyrell's champion, whoever it is, will lose and she will be condemned. i dunno why i think this, i just have a strong feeling that this will happen

Sandor will come out of hiding when he hears his brother's corpse has been necromanced back to life by Qyburn, he always said that in the end it would probably be him who would have to kill Gregor.

Aegon is a fake. this will be revealed at the end of the book, along with Lord John, who it will be revealed has greyscale and it ostracized for it

Varys and Illyrio won't get their come-uppins until the last book, along with the Others, but maybe their schemes will be revealed for one and all to see and they will be on the run or something

Sam has the horn of winter, the one ghost found beyond the wall in that bag of dragon glass daggers. this is known, lol. it will be revealed in TWOW.

and of coarse, i've said it before, Dany will re-take Mereen with all the Dothraki at her back in one huge Khalasar, they follow only the strong, and leaving Dany and a dead Drogo only to see her all that time later feasting with her great black dragon Drogon on the dothraki sea, that will convince them that she's the one to lead them

her re-taking Mereen will coincide with the Iron Fleet appearing in the Bay, there will be blood, the slaves will revolt against their masters, Selmy kills Victarion, the Yunkishmen lose the battle, and Tyrion reveals himself to Dany and pledges her his servcie. Next stop Casterly Rock, right Tyrion!

let's keep it going....

Jon Snow will have a few dream like revelations courtesy of Bran, while recovering from his injuries these will continue... the Wildlings will remain loyal to Lord Snow and prepare to march on Winterfell... that's when the Others begin to close in on the Wall and Castle Black.

Loras Tyrell hasn't been slowly dying at Dragonstone he is on some sort of mission that we will soon find out the result of

Barristan will die in the Battle of Mereen, going out like the champ that he is, Victarion will arrive and will fuck shit up as well. He may try to take Rhaegel or Viserion but just end up being roasted.... like the majority of people in Mereen.

Tyrion will pledge himself to Dany, she may not accept him at first but he will prove himself to her (he already killed Tywin)

Davos will be confronted with a very angry and vengeful Rickon Stark. Rickon won't accept him at first and Davos will have a hard time convincing the young Stark to return with him to White Harbor. After telling Rickon all the stories of House Stark and his father, what happened to his brother, Rickon is persuaded by Osha and the Skagosi to claim his rights... perhaps he is contacted by Bran as well, there must be a heart tree on Skagos

Stannis will take Winterfell once Manderly and Umbers turn their cloaks and slaughter the Freys and some Dreadfort men. Roose and Ramsay will escape to the Dreadfort... I don't see both of them dying.

That's all I got for now..

Aegon will end the book on the Iron Throne. He will consolidate the Stormlands, gain Dorne as an ally, houses from the Reach will join him, loyalists from the Crownlands will flock to his banner and the people of KL will welcome him.

Euron and the ironborn will defeat the Redwyne fleet at sea, killing a great many Tyrell troops. This will open the door for an invasion of High Garden itself.

Everything will come together for Dany. Her forces will win the battle of Meereen. She will gain additional troops from Khal Jhaqo, a chief advisor in Tyrion, a great fleet and husband in Victarian, a maester in Marwyn and an end to hostilities in Meereen. She will set sail for Westeros.

Jon will be revived and spare the men who betrayed him

Barristan Selmy will die but leave Dany with an able young KG

Bran will reveal Jon's true parentage.

Sansa will kill Little Finger and marry Sweet Robin

My prediction is that the battle on the ice is interrupted when the Others somehow cross the Wall and destroy both sides. Stannis is missing, and his army massacred.

In the epilogue, Stannis emerges as the Night's King, setting up the final showdown between ice and fire.

Ramsay kills Roose and retreats to the Dreadfort. Arya is tasked with an assignment in the North to kill a certain individual. While she's there, she hears tales about the cruelty of Ramsay Bolton and his marriage to "Arya Stark", and decides to disobey her contract and go for him instead. She kills one of her men and takes his face, and kills him savagely.

Arya can't kill Cersei because FM don't kill anyone they know. Although I wouldn't put it past Arya to lie to the FM and say she doesn't know Cersei because she's on her kill list. I do agree though that a job is the way Arya will make it back to Westeros.

I think the whole faceless men not killing anybody they know is kind of misleading, because to become a faceless man you have to become no-one therefore you know no-one if you understand what I'm trying to say here.

There is little I'm really certain about, since each book seems to pose more questions than it answers. I'm fairly certain that we will see the ultimate demise of the Freys in TWoW, as well as the death of either Roose or Ramsay Bolton (probably Roose). I'm expecting to see Rickon brought back from Skagos, and Arya defecting from the FM. Cersei will certainly win a trial by battle with Robert Strong, and I feel it also may be a pretty safe bet that Margaery will lose whatever trial she opts for. I agree that there was heavy forshadowing with the greyscale in the last novel, so we will definitely be seeing more of this. I think poor little Shireen is doomed in TWoW, and poor little Tommen as well. I'm also expecting Jon Snow to either survive his ordeal or be resurrected, as I don't feel we are finished with him as a character. I suppose the outcome of Cersei's victory over the faith will be that she retains her position as Queen Regent, and continues to make questionable decisions. I feel the story will end with a new regime on the Iron Throne, and I feel it will either be Aegon or Stannis, although it is prophecized that Cersei will be cast down by a younger and more beautiful queen. Stannis, in this scenario, doesn't make any sense at all, with his bearded queen, so if it is to be Aegon, then Aegon will probably take a wife before this happens. I know the obvious choice for the queen who will replace Cersei is Dany, but I just don't feel she's going to make it to Westeros until the last book. Also, I think that the end of WoW will have the Wall fail and Westeros invaded by Others.

stannis spoke to jon of having a large store of dragonglass on dragonstone, and last we heard ser loras was "dying" on dragonstone from wounds received while taking the castle,

but maybe loras is up to something else on dragonstone, and maybe the dragonglass has something to do with that...?

Archived