"Wow, I Never Noticed That."

nope, ur wrong.

"Where is Pycelle? Where is Pycelle?” She turned to the guardsmen. “Puckens, bring Grand Maester Pycelle. He must see to Lord Tywin.”

“He’s seen him, Your Grace,” said Puckens. “He came and saw and went, to summon the silent sisters.”

They sent for me last. The realization made her almost too angry for words. And Pycelle runs off to send a message rather than soil his soft, wrinkled hands. The man is useless. “Find Maester Ballabar,” she commanded. “Find Maester Frenken. Any of them.”"

Yeah whatever. I just reread it. She tells Qyburn to take the quarrel out and prepare the body for the silent sisters.

First ever post on the forum! Been reading it for about a year now and can't believe some of the details and theories i missed on the first read of the books. Recently finished my first re-read and made sure i noticed pretty much everything this time.

If this has already been mentioned or seems irrelevant then i apologize but i just thought for a first post i'd talk about a small thing and not get too ahead of myself.

In Dany's last chapter of ADWD (shortly after Jon's last chapter) when she is alone in the dothraki sea it's written that she hears a wolf howling in the distance... I dunno. I just found this kind of strange because i never imagined a lot of wolves roaming about in the dothraki sea plus still reeling after jon's chapter it just struck me as a weird coincidence. Never noticed it the first time round.

Anyway, looking forward to getting more involved in the forums. Thanks

I'm proud to say that most of the things mentioned here were spotted by me, without help of the forums (the only ones that I hadn't spotted are Oberyn vs. Tywin, Jojenpaste and Gerion alive and kicking. But I don't believe that these are true).

There is one theory I read the other day which convinced me, but it hasn't been mentioned yet. The Hooded Man = Theon's split personality (explains blackouts, the fact that he calls himself Theon again, etc.)

I'm guessing I'm the only person stupid enough not to realise for a while the Damphair was Damp-hair. I just always read it as Dam-phair. Suffice to say, I didn't notice Frey Pies, R+L=J, or pretty much any sub text. In my defence, I was mainly trying to keep up with all the characters and what was going on on the surface.

In the Theon sample chapter Theon remembers the torture he took from Ramsay saying "he only took skin unless I begged to have it cut off." No way he asked to have his sword sheathed. So yes, Theons member is intact.

Sorry man, but there's a lot more evidence that Theon lost his dick. If anything what you're saying suggests that Ramsey flayed it first (ouch.) Maybe he can at least get a cool name out of it like "The Cockless Kraken."

When I read it the first time I never realized Jon was keepng a Karstark in the ice cells. This time around I realized i never remembered the scene where the Karstark has gone made howling like a wolf and throwing his own feces. The howling like a wolf part really stick out of me as odd I can't remember... it makes wonder if something freaky is going on with one of the Starks distant cousins xD (but he could just be mad)

I really enjoyed this thread except that I'm embarrassed to note that I missed a lot more than I thought I did. I totally missed the Frey pie thing until I saw it here and on a reread it's pretty obvious. I also did not notice the Jojen paste, nor do I acknowledge it now. I do not like it. I am anti Jojen paste. I did figure he was dead on my first read of ADWD though.

Lady's death is what brings Bran back. Only death can pay for life.

Even after this is so blatantly implied in the TV version I had never connected this or pondered it as a possibility in the books. Very nice!

I'm going to go ponder the implications for Jon while trying resist the urge to crack pots.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I didn't give full credit to this peace of awesomeness - that the Mormont who told Stannis to piss off in a letter was actually a 12(?) year old girl.

Actually she's 10. I do like Stannis but those northern girls defending the Starks warms my heart.

Lady's death is what brings Bran back. Only death can pay for life.

Mind blown. I can't believe I've never made this leap before and it makes me think about Lady's death and Bran's awakening in a whole new way.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit that I didn't give full credit to this peace of awesomeness - that the Mormont who told Stannis to piss off in a letter was actually a 12(?) year old girl.

The Mormonts are my second favorite family in the series, really hoping we get lots more of them.

There is one theory I read the other day which convinced me, but it hasn't been mentioned yet. The Hooded Man = Theon's split personality (explains blackouts, the fact that he calls himself Theon again, etc.)

Well I think this one is hardly settled. I don't mean to go too far off topic but IMO leading candidates are Robett Glover (my favorite), Hal Mollen and (maybe) Raynald Westerling. You will see these names, the Thoen split personality theory (aka Theon Durden), Davos, Benjen, Howland Reed, Jaime Lannister and many, many, many other names mentioned in this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/69769-who-is-the-hooded-man-in-winterfell/

Archived