"Wow, I Never Noticed That."

No, no, no. Let's not bring my dear Garlan too far from perfection now. Lalalalalalalalala, I can't hear you!

Edit: Wait, I'm rereading the chapter now and Garlan and his wife are nearly as far(or farther depending on which side of Tyrion they sat) from Joff as Tyrion was:"He and Sansa had been seated far to the king’s right, beside Ser Garlan Tyrell and his wife, the Lady Leonette. A dozen others sat closer to Joffrey, which a pricklier man might have taken for a slight, given that he had been the King’s Hand only a short time past. Tyrion would have been glad if there had been a hundred."

There's at least ten people between Garlan and the king, if Tyrions estimate is correct.

When Joff was yelling at Tyrion in the dwarf scene, Garlan was near IIRC, and the focus of everyone's attention was at Tyrion and Joff.

QoT or any other Tyrell, while next to the king, would've been watched. Would've been difficult to slip the poison in then.

When Joff was yelling at Tyrion in the dwarf scene, Garlan was near IIRC, and the focus of everyone's attention was at Tyrion and Joff.

QoT or any other Tyrell, while next to the king, would've been watched. Would've been difficult to slip the poison in then.

Also, it's even chivalric in a very twisted sense. Garlan is protecting his maiden sister from a monster, after all ;)

I've just reread the scene. Joffrey approaches with a full cup which he upends over Tyrion and then throws to the floor. Tyrion then recovers the cup from the floor, fills it with wine from a flagon and gives that to Joffrey. Joffrey drinks it and chokes almost immediately. The only real chance Garlan would have had to poison the drink was either in the flagon or after Tyrion has picked it up but before it's filled, but since he helps Tyrion to his feet, he doesn't get much of an opportunity alone with the goblet. Either way, he'd have to do it right under the nose of Joffrey. It's possible, but more likely either that the poison was administered earlier or that Olenna - who was also standing right there - did it while attention was focussed on Tyrion's getting up, especially since she'd have been the one who took the amethyst from Sansa, rather than giving it to Garlan in the hope that Joffrey came down that end of the table.

Garlan did more then that, there's a very good chance he was the one who actually poisoned Joff's cup, as he sat next to mr. and mrs Lannister. It was given to him after the QoT removed the poison from Sansa's hairnet.

You must know by now how Martin likes to take a dump on the whole chivalry idea.

It's confirmed in the WOIAF App that the poison was put by the Queen of Thorns. Garlan remain as ever gallant

It's pretty obvious; http://boiledleather...ad-man-shitting

The only thing that I find odd about the theory is that Doran seemingly had no idea what Oberyn was up to (or is feigning ignorance)

I like my theory better and there is at least as much evidence for it. Your evidence only shows opportunity.

Prince Doran told Arianne that he wanted Tywin dead. I imagine Oberyn felt the same way. I dont think he would have killed Tywin secretly.

That's very weak evidence to support molestation, Damphair doesn't like Euron because he's abandoned the Drowned God and the rusty hinge is more likely due to his drowning event that changed his life.

And who do you think might be responsible for Damphair almost drowning? I wouldnt be surprised if Euron tried to kill him after inflicting some kind of horror on him.

There's actually quite a bit of evidence for it. Or at least the establishment of means, motive and opportunity. It's never stated that the poison used on Gregor was the same poison used on Tywin.

And I'm pretty sure Pycelle handled Tywin's body, not Qyburn.

Cersei explicitly turns the body over to Qyburn to prepare for the silent sisters before Pycelle shows up. Go read it yourself.

Wait, it never came to me that Damphair was raped by Euron.. how does the iron hinge explain that?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/57648-question-about-aeron-damphair/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/38459-damphair-and-euron/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/31295-molesting-euron/

One thing I never notcied before coming to this forum was Gerion being the corsair king mentioned in ASoS and AFfC

Cersei explicitly turns the body over to Qyburn to prepare for the silent sisters before Pycelle shows up. Go read it yourself.

nope, ur wrong.

"Where is Pycelle? Where is Pycelle?” She turned to the guardsmen. “Puckens, bring Grand Maester Pycelle. He must see to Lord Tywin.”

“He’s seen him, Your Grace,” said Puckens. “He came and saw and went, to summon the silent sisters.”

They sent for me last. The realization made her almost too angry for words. And Pycelle runs off to send a message rather than soil his soft, wrinkled hands. The man is useless. “Find Maester Ballabar,” she commanded. “Find Maester Frenken. Any of them.”"

I barely noticed anything that is discussed tbh....but then it was years ago that I read the first 3 books, so I missed a load of links when it came to reading the last 2.

In fact I made a mistake by not re-reading the first 3 before AFFC and ADWD.

After I finished all 5, I wanted to do a re-read. Found out I couldn't face Ned's beheading and the RW again. So I will probably re-read only Feast and Dance, looking for clues.

Qyburn volunteers to do it in Cersei I in AFFC. I believe this is how he comes to her attention.

For something I just read on a speculation thread about TWOW- "shaggy dog" could be a link to the idea of a shaggy dog story, meaning Rickon's storyline will end anti-climactically.

But Rickon is on Skagos with Shaggydog, I think they're becoming crazy cannibal fighters haha or w/e but when Rickon comes back he'll be very mature for a youngling.. and Shaggydog always had that ruthless quality in him

I've kicked myself about it, but I didn't notice the hooded man

One of my favorite mysteries! I think GRRM put the hooded man in there just for forum junkies like us to speculate over. There is clearly not enough evidence to craft a decent theory about him but we can't help it! It's his revenge for the forums figuring out R+L=J

Here's one that I missed on first read. I was very happy to catch this on subsequent re-reads. In SoS when Bran and company are in the cave with the Liddle, Jojen reveals that he had a green dream that the Starks would come again. So there will be at least some kind of happy (probably bittersweet) ending where the Starks are back in the North.

Archived