"Wow, I Never Noticed That."

I'm not so sure that Lady's death brought Bran back to life. They're obviously juxtaposed, and it fits with the 'only death can pay for life' thing, on the other hand:

1) Life paying for death appears to be related to blood magic, what we see going on with the Starks and their wolves does not appear to be blood magic, but something different

2) We have Bran's entire falling/3EC dream in which he is exhorted to take action- to fly. Why is the 3EC trying to convince him to fly, or else fall, if in reality there is just a simple transaction of Lady's life for Brans. It seems to me that Bran brought Bran 'back to life,' with the prompting of the 3EC.

Dany's reaction to the blood suggests that she didn't stop menstruating after the death of Rhaego, so I'm 99% sure she had a miscarriage.

She was barren after Rhaego, meaning no periods.

She got her period again in her last chapter, not bloody flux or miscarriage, just a normal period since her womb was 'quickening again'.

Something I didn't notice when reading the books (but which was pointed out to me) are the parallels between the Lightbringer story and the births of Dany/Jon/Tyrion. Azor Ahai forged Lightbringer on his 3rd attempt, but had to kill Nissa Nissa to do so. Dany, Jon & Tyrion are all 3rd children who killed their mothers in childbirth.

WOW.

Wait, if R + L = J is true, there would be a huge possibility that Tyrion is a Targ too, right? Although I'm still convinced that Tyrion is a Lannister while Cersei and Jaime aren't.

She got her period again in her last chapter, not bloody flux or miscarriage, just a normal period since her womb was 'quickening again'.

If she wasn't having periods, then why did she not think it odd that she was menstruating that time? She worried over the amount of blood, but not the fact that there was blood.

Well, I personally think its just some form of bacterial disease, but some posters here with "lady parts" (as someone put it) are suspecious that it was a miscarriage.

I think Martin is being deliberately vague here. Maybe he's not even sure if he'll keep Theon alive (and thus, in control of house Greyjoy) in the end (which would require him whole).

As for those hoping that he still has his, eh, man parts, based on the washerwoman scene, well...Martin did write something about the Unsullied and other eunuchs. Some still craved the warmth of a woman's embrase and visted brothels despite that they couldn't physically perform coitus anymore. I guess they still were attracted to women, so it says nothing that Theon still can get aroused by women despite not being whole.

well, until reading on the forum, i always assumed it was the bloody flux or similar with menstruation thrown in. she was reeling around, seemed like she was burning with fever. unless it's an adverse effect from proximity to the heat of a dragon, i thought she was sick. still not convinced it was a miscarriage.

and sadly for Theon, i think that Ramsey did for his pink mast. though, understandably, there are some here with gentleman parts who are really opposed to the idea!

You can have periods and still be barren (aka be unable to conceive or bear a living child) for a variety of reasons. Most women who experience fertility issues have their periods. (On the other hand, a woman who doesn't have periods is unlikely to be fertile.)

And "quickening of the womb" means pregnancy, not menstruation.

That we don't actually see Robb writing his will.

I assumed he named Jon, since that is what he was debating with Cat.

But we don't actually see the will.

I believe it has been confirmed in the World of Ice and Fire app that it was indeed Jon that was named.

You can have periods and still be barren (aka be unable to conceive or bear a living child) for a variety of reasons. Most women who experience fertility issues have their periods. (On the other hand, a woman who doesn't have periods is unlikely to be fertile.)

And "quickening of the womb" means pregnancy, not menstruation.

fair enough, i never claimed to have a uterus :P

It's most likely a miscarriage, but what made her have one is my question? and How is she prego in the first place? MMD said

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before"

I always assume that Dany became infertile after the MMD thing.

It's most likely a miscarriage, but what made her have one is my question? and How is she prego in the first place? MMD said

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before"

I always assume that Dany became infertile after the MMD thing.

Well MMD said Dany won't bear a living child, so a miscarriage does fit the "prophecy"(which IMO is no prophecy, but a long vile arrogant "you're screwed").

To be honest, my first thought was it was the flux. It was fueled not only on gut feeling, but because shortly before that a common misconception was directly adressed (the Targ being fireproof, as she did suffer burns from Drogon), and now I thought the second common misconception about Targs was being disproved - that they are immune to disease.

But as previous posters noted, this whole thing is something that ladies are more likely to grasp correctly than us men.

Archived