Euron's attack on Oldtown

Fire Eater

After studying the maps a bit, I think he'll try to pull of the same thing Theon did in the series.

Fake an assualt on Highgarden through the use of the river with a token force.

This will lead the Reach to force march some (most) of their forces to Highgarden. This will include the Redwyne fleet.

The redwyne fleet will most likely recapture the shield islands (also defended by a token force of the ironborn).

Next the redwyne fleet will sail up the river, or at the very least close it off. Since Euron can navigate far off coast he will keep his main force in the open sea and charge the redwyne fleet in the back, under the cover of night most likely. Combined with an assualt from the Ironborn up the river they will scatter the Redwyne fleet.

Leaving Oldtown bereft of most of its defenders and easier for the taking. But most likely still a pretty hard nut to crack.

After studying the maps a bit, I think he'll try to pull of the same thing Theon did in the series.

This will lead the Reach to force march some (most) of their forces to Highgarden. This will include the Redwyne fleet.

The redwyne fleet will most likely recapture the shield islands (also defended by a token force of the ironborn).

Next the redwyne fleet will sail up the river, or at the very least close it off. Since Euron can navigate far off coast he will keep his main force in the open sea and charge the redwyne fleet in the back, under the cover of night most likely. Combined with an assualt from the Ironborn up the river they will scatter the Redwyne fleet.

Leaving Oldtown bereft of most of its defenders and easier for the taking. But most likely still a pretty hard nut to crack.

You have made me want this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the thought ! :cheers:

The only problem is, Euron no onger have the Iron Fleet (big warships). They all went with Victarion. They cannot hope to defeat the Redwyne Fleet with only longships.

The only problem is, Euron no onger have the Iron Fleet (big warships). They all went with Victarion. They cannot hope to defeat the Redwyne Fleet with only longships.

The Iron fleet consists of mostly longships, look it up on the wiki.

If used in the manner I stated above, under the cover of night and an assault on two sides, and if the Redwyne fleet sails even partly up the river all those ships will be lost on the account of being practically immoble. Since the longships are about two times as fast and way more agile.

The tactic mainly used by the ironborn is boarding, leaving only some thralls behind on their ships. The warfleet of the Redwynes on the other hand relies on ramming. You can't ram something much faster than you unless you're incredibly lucky or the other captain is a complete and utter f*cktard.

Plus The ironborn still wear armor at sea, most of the other marines don't out of fear for drowning. Giving them the edge when boarding.

Lastly taken into account the great cost of ships most lords wouldn't ram their own ships.

The Iron fleet consists of mostly longships, look it up on the wiki.

If used in the manner I stated above, under the cover of night and an assault on two sides, and if the Redwyne fleet sails even partly up the river all those ships will be lost on the account of being practically immoble. Since the longships are about two times as fast and way more agile.

The tactic mainly used by the ironborn is boarding, leaving only some thralls behind on their ships. The warfleet of the Redwynes on the other hand relies on ramming. You can't ram something much faster than you unless you're incredibly lucky or the other captain is a complete and utter f*cktard.

Plus The ironborn still wear armor at sea, most of the other marines don't out of fear for drowning. Giving them the edge when boarding.

Lastly taken into account the great cost of ships most lords wouldn't ram their own ships.

I don't think Redwyne is foolish enough to send his entire fleet up the Mander against a small force of longships. He still has to clear the Arbor and Whispering Sound first as the Arbor is his seat, and that will likely be where he is primarily focused.

It would be funny if Euron was stealing Theon's ideas and making them work.

• 3 weeks later...

“I dreamed that the sea was lapping all around Winterfell. I saw black waves crashing against the gates and towers, and then the salt water came flowing over the walls and filled the castle. Drowned men were floating in the yard. When I first dreamed the dream, back at Greywater, I didn’t know their faces, but now I do. That Alebelly is one, the guard who called our names at the feast. Your septon’s another. Your smith as well.”

Last night he [Jon] had dreamed of Sam drowning, of Ygritte dying with his arrow in her (it had not been his arrow, but in his dreams it always was), of Gilly weeping tears of blood.

After sending Sam and Gilly on heir way to Oldtown, Jon dreams of Sam drowning. The Drowned men in Jojen's dream were killed by the ironborn of Theon. I think this can be taken as Sam will have to face this ironborn attack. By the way I dont think Sam will die against the ironborn because it says Sam was drowning not drowned.

Ygritte dying with Jon's arrow inside her sounds half foreshadowing and half pervert :D

Could that be related to Nissa Nissa?

I dreamed that the sea was lapping all around Winterfell. I saw black waves crashing against the gates and towers, and then the salt water came flowing over the walls and filled the castle. Drowned men were floating in the yard. When I first dreamed the dream, back at Greywater, I didnt know their faces, but now I do. That Alebelly is one, the guard who called our names at the feast. Your septons another. Your smith as well.

Last night he [Jon] had dreamed of Sam drowning, of Ygritte dying with his arrow in her (it had not been his arrow, but in his dreams it always was), of Gilly weeping tears of blood.

After sending Sam and Gilly on heir way to Oldtown, Jon dreams of Sam drowning. The Drowned men in Jojen's dream were killed by the ironborn of Theon. I think this can be taken as Sam will have to face this ironborn attack. By the way I dont think Sam will die against the ironborn because it says Sam was drowning not drowned.

?

Good catch. I never noticed that before.

“I dreamed that the sea was lapping all around Winterfell. I saw black waves crashing against the gates and towers, and then the salt water came flowing over the walls and filled the castle. Drowned men were floating in the yard. When I first dreamed the dream, back at Greywater, I didn’t know their faces, but now I do. That Alebelly is one, the guard who called our names at the feast. Your septon’s another. Your smith as well.”

This is definitely good.

Ygritte dying with Jon's arrow inside her sounds half foreshadowing and half pervert :D

Could that be related to Nissa Nissa?

It was most probably not his arrow.

The arrow was black, Jon saw, but it was fletched with white duck feathers. Not mine, he told himself, not one of mine. But he felt as if it were.

:dunno:

People have a hard time accepting Sam will slay Euron because he is fat and craven. But he DID slay an Other when he saw Gilly and her babe were threatened. If Gilly weeping tears of blood mean that badshit will happen to the poor girl in the battle, this can enrage Sam the Slayer.

The Iron Fleet belongs to the Iron Islands, but every lord has at least one warship of his own property, so Euron probably has a few dozens warships in addition to the longships.

Victarion takes just under 100 ships of the Iron Fleet. He splits it into three for the journey. He loses 46 of them early on into the voyage. For me it sees to high.

I think he's been done by Euron and that most of the Iron Fleet returned to him after setting sail.

Victarion takes just under 100 ships of the Iron Fleet. He splits it into three for the journey. He loses 46 of them early on into the voyage. For me it sees to high.

I think he's been done by Euron and that most of the Iron Fleet returned to him after setting sail.

I think some of the ships survived the storm and trying to return to Westeros. From Arianne Gift chapter;

You were wise not to come by sea. Since the Redwyne fleet passed through the Stepstones, those waters are crawling with strange sails, all the way north to the Straights of Tarth and Shipbreaker’s Bay. Myrmen, Volantenes, Lyseni, even reavers from the Iron Islands.

Archived