Who will Arya Kill? [Possible Spoliers]

jpkellirl

In my opinion, Arya's arc within the narrative is heading to a climax where she will kill, OR, attempt to kill one of the major characters in the series. This will be an order from the Faceless Men. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to whom that could be? The obvious answer would be Cersei; too obvious. I believe that the order will be closer to home.. Sansa. I've no reason as to why I think this, other than a possibilty of Littlefinger and his political machinations inspiring an assasination plot [far fetched, I realise!].

I could be completely and utterly wrong in this summation [probably so], but it does seem that her story is heading that way.

Any ideas?

Faceless Men don't kill people they know. Arya, despite the fact they have been long and far away from each other, still knows Sansa and probably will recognize her as Alayne. Unless she breaks the rules of the Faceless Men, I don't see why she should kill Sansa.

And since they don't kill people they know, she also won't kill Cersei. I don't know about Littlefinger, whether she really knows him..

However, I do believe she will make a master kill in the next book. Eventually, she has to return to Westeros and connect her story to that of someone else.

Let's think about this for a moment. There is one person in Essos who has wreaked a lot of havoc on the established order recently. One person that many, many powerful men and women on the continent would like to see dead.

"Faceless Men don't kill people they know. Arya, despite the fact they have been long and far away from each other, still knows Sansa and probably will recognize her as Alayne"

True, although the Littlefinger angle could be a way for Arya to connect back to Sansa/Alayne within the story, and therefore finally start to reunite the Starks.

As to actually completing the kill, I'm not sure that she will do it. Again, no evidence to back this up- just a gut feeling..

God, i hope it's not Sansa. But like Lady Sansa said, it's unlikely because they don't make the FM kill anyone they know. The Kindly Man knows exactly who Arya is, and i can't see anyone asking the Faceless Men to kill Alayne Stone. Littlefinger could be on the FM's list, but Alayne isn't important enough until she's revealed as Sansa, in which case Arya won't kill her anyway.

I really, really hope they don't want her to kill Jon. Although if that does happen, i'd imagine it to be horrible and ironic... hopefully Jon would muss her hair right before she stabbed him and tell her to "stick me with the pointy end." Or just say "stick 'em with the pointy end" and Arya would turn around and stab the Kindly Man or something.

"really, really hope they don't want her to kill Jon. Although if that does happen, i'd imagine it to be horrible and ironic... hopefully Jon would muss her hair right before she stabbed him and tell her to "stick me with the pointy end." Or just say "stick 'em with the pointy end" and Arya would turn around and stab the Kindly Man or something."

I don't think it will be Jon [although things can/will always change with GRRM at the helm]. Arya will connect with a Stark soon, IMO- I think Jon will be further down the line, though..

I don't think the FM would send Arya to kill anyone as important as Dany, surely they would use a vet assassin for that? I suppose if this Izembaro is a person, the FM could send him to kill Dany, and Arya would accompany him as his apprentice. That would be how her story ties into Dany's (which I'm certain will happen).

Yeah, definitely on the rader- as mentioned above though, would The Faceless Men order one of their own to kill the Queen who is ending Slavery in Essos? Hard to know.

I never got the impression of the faceless man being a political motivated organisation in the first place. They don't seem to act on their own and as long as the price is paid ...

Robb - Dead.

Jon - Life service at the wall, bastard, might be dead.

Sansa - Living as Alayne. Pretty weak character and will be just be someone's wife if stays alive.

Arya - Training to be a super killer. Knows secrets (the story of Jon's wet-nurse, friends with Gendry, met 'Tansy')

Bran - Probably will remain with the Children.

Rickon - Young, will probably one day be the heir to Winterfell.

I know GRRM is what many call 'unconventional'. He isn't about protagonists vs antagonists, or good vs. evil. He allows his players to do as they will in his sand box.

BUT this song starts with the Starks. The Starks are being systematically betrayed, killed, slaughtered, exiled, taken over, finding difficult purposes in the world, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think Arya is going to die. I think she will restore the Starks to as close to where they were pre-war as she can. I think she sees spring.

Sansa - Living as Alayne. Pretty weak character and will be just be someone's wife if stays alive.

De-lurking to say... no. I encourage you to re-read Alayne's AFFC chapters carefully. If she were simply "weak" and just meant to be "someone's wife" (which is not a powerless position in itself), she wouldn't be a POV character.

Anyway, I would be interesting if she were sent to assassinate Dany, but that is quite a hefty plot thread to weave in two books. It would also be interesting to see them send her to get LF, and nice to see the Stark girls work together to bring him down, but I don't know if there is anyone enough aware of just what exactly LF is planning and has done to make anyone motivated enough to go to the FM. I get the sense with LF that a bunch of people know bits and pieces, but no one knows the whole picture but him. Sansa probably knows the most, but she's not yet in the position to move. I do think that Arya's story will somehow bring her back to Westeros. How, I don't know.

Arya's arc isn't exactly "good" right now - she's still a little girl and training to be an assassin. Some see it as badass, I see it as potentially psychologically damaging to her in the long-run, and kind of tragic. I'm wondering if something will jar her back to being Arya. I really like her and would love to see her eventually shed the other identities and become Arya again.

Arya's arc isn't exactly "good" right now - she's still a little girl and training to be an assassin. Some see it as badass, I see it as potentially psychologically damaging to her in the long-run, and kind of tragic. I'm wondering if something will jar her back to being Arya. I really like her and would love to see her eventually shed the other identities and become Arya again.

I still think that it is too co-incidental that fake Arya is travelling over to Braavos with Justin Massey - it is possible that real Arya will symbolically become herself after accidentally killing Jeyne Poole.

Archived