[Sample] Arianne I

Ran

George has released a new sample chapter, and it has lots and lots of details, including our finally learning just where Aurane Waters went. See it here.

Feel free to discuss in detail here, but avoid discussing these details in the other forums without sufficient use of spoiler warnings and the spoiler tags.

So now Daemon Sand and, it seems, the Red Viper called Dayne "Darkstar" as well. So we can drop the pretense that it's something Dayne made up, yes?

Also, the way Daemon Sand thinks Dayne can put an end to Obara (and Hotah, reading between the lines) ... well, that's a testament to his general poisonous attributes, suggesting he'll stoop to anything to kill and survive, but that could also extend to suggesting that, you know, if it comes to it, he might well be a match for either (or both).

George is definitely building up Darkstar having a suitably dark reputation, though, if even the Red Viper thought he was too dangerous to have around.

Also, it's possible that Tarth has fallen.

And this whole thing makes me wonder what happened to Davos' wife and youngest sons.

Not to mention more krakens have appeared.

Probably something like;

JonCon: Who are you?

Wife: We are Lord Davos Seaworth's family

JonCon: Whose family? Don't know that guy. Is he around?

Wife: No, he's off with King Stannis.

JonCon: Well, I have this kid, maybe you've heard of him... Aegon Targaryen. He' your real king, and we are now taking your castle and lands and holding you hostage to try and break down Stannis' brain trust.

Archived