MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

The Yanks are looking at Derrick Lee, Scott Rolen and Chipper Jones. It is a sad day that they are starting to resemble one of my fantasy teams. Next we will hear they want Soriano back while Granderson is hurt.

Yea. I'm already prepared to be disappointed this year.

I think they will surprise. I think Toronto is way over-hyped and everyone else in the East just sucks.

Maybe. Hard to be excited about this team though. Not enough young talent. What's the average age? Somewhere around 35? The future looks somewhat bleak.

ESPn still had them projected as number 5 or 6 for the next 5 years.

I'm not really as high on the Yanks as they are. I just don't trust the age. We're going to see less production and more injuries and without a good pipeline of talent (which I'm not sure we have or not), not sure how they replace it other than asking a 37 year old to come out of retirement.

I think they have some good guys in the minors but they are in AA. Their good pitcing prospects are either injured or did not pan out. I also think they have a catcher but he can't be that good because they are going with cervilli and some other scrub.

I think they have some good guys in the minors but they are in AA. Their good pitcing prospects are either injured or did not pan out. I also think they have a catcher but he can't be that good because they are going with cervilli and some other scrub.

Their prospects are all 2-3 years away, and they'll have the customary billions to spend in 2-3 years as well. They're fine in the medium term- it's just that this year, without their entire offense for April, they may end up at the bottom of a hole they can't climb out of. I hope. We'll see.

Edit- somehow misspelled "term". Good night.

I'd forgotten just how screwed up Bonilla's deal with the Mets was. Until now.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21884536/the-bobblehead-project-bobby-bonilla-cashing-mets-checks-in-2035

He is getting $1.2mm for the next 22 years and hasn't played for them since '99. According to the article, he is paid more than any of their current outfielders. His last check will come when heis 72.

Holy crap.

http://www.cbssports...-checks-in-2035

He is getting $1.2mm for the next 22 years and hasn't played for them since '99. According to the article, he is paid more than any of their current outfielders. His last check will come when heis 72.

Holy crap.

Now THAT'S a contract! I want that agent representing me in whatever it is I happen to be negotiating.

• 2 weeks later...

Self-promotion post:

For the second straight year, I have attempted to mix my enjoyment of ASOIAF with my enjoyment of baseball for a team/house season preview:

http://www.camdenchat.com/2013/3/27/4149772/mlb-2013-season-preview-game-of-thrones-season-3

Written through my lens as an Orioles fan, but you may be entertained by some of the grasping connections. Curious who you guys think represents your favorite and/or hated teams.

http://www.cbssports...-checks-in-2035

Holy crap.

:bang: That's just how we roll at Citi field. It does, on occasion, feel like supporting a Monty Python sketch.

Mack - Today on PTI they did some kind of Game of Thrones special, and at the very beginning I though they'd read your blog.

Grantland has some gigantic NBA playoffs/Game of Thrones thing which makes mine look like weak shit, largely because they have impressive photoshops and I can't do any of that stuff.

I'm sure lots of people have had the idea but I daresay I'm probably the biggest ASOIAF nerd to approach the comparisons.

Myshkin, are you going to put me up and put up with me should I get out to see los doyers at Chavez this year.

It is time to learn if our mutual love of the Dodgers, bowie and being bearded can be the tie that binds.

I'd love to, so long as you don't mind sleeping on the couch and putting up with my dog and watching Magnum P.I. reruns and stabbing voodoo dolls of Juan Marichal.

Archived