Wilko Johnson(Ilyn Payne) has pancreatic cancer

UnbentFury

How can they possibly replace him? Ilyn Payne winds up having a more significant role in later books, and Wilko Johnson was the perfect actor for the role.

Out of respect you give his roles to another character. He definitely left an impression on the character despite only appearing in a few episodes, he'll be missed by fans of GoT and ASoIaF. Replace his role as Jaime's sparring partner with another knight.

Out of respect you give his roles to another character. He definitely left an impression on the character despite only appearing in a few episodes, he'll be missed by fans of GoT and ASoIaF. Replace his role as Jaime's sparring partner with another knight.

Yeah, it could just be a mute knight or a mute master-at-arms.

The "good" thing about cancer is that you don't die suddenly and you can express an opinion on these sorts of matters if you so wish. He might want to see the character continue in the TV series. I do hope he gets a chance to tell HBO what he would like to see done with Ser Ilyn in Season 4 and beyond, and that HBO respects and acts on his wishes.

The "good" thing about cancer is that you don't die suddenly and you can express an opinion on these sorts of matters if you so wish. He might want to see the character continue in the TV series. I do hope he gets a chance to tell HBO what he would like to see done with Ser Ilyn in Season 4 and beyond, and that HBO respects and acts on his wishes.

That would be great, he does deserve some input on where HBO take Ilyn Payne.

Neither does it kill you instantly, but with some luck it won't kill you at all. My grandfather had cancer some 15 years ago and he's still going strong. I don't know what pancreatic cancer is not being a native English speaker so I don't know how bad it is, but good luck to Mr. Johnson

Neither does it kill you instantly, but with some luck it won't kill you at all. My grandfather had cancer some 15 years ago and he's still going strong. I don't know what pancreatic cancer is not being a native English speaker so I don't know how bad it is, but good luck to Mr. Johnson

Pancreatic cancer would be treatable if it were found early, the problem with it though is that by the time there are any symptoms it is too late. It is almost never caught in time. Three quarters die within a year, only 6% live past 5 years. Essentially it is a death sentence.

• 1 year later...

Such a shame. Ilyn was always entertaining to watch, skulking around silently like he did. A real unsettling character whom Wilko played well.

You probably didn't notice but these news are over a year old. The original news was that it was untreatable, but a few months back, they discovered that it had not been as aggressive as they though it would be so Wilko went to a surgery to remove it. Haven't heard much news since then, but his chances are already a lot better than they were originally estimated to be.

Archived