R+L = J v 38

Stubby

I know but the trouble maker in me loves chucking in the favourite wind up bits. The whole oh Darkstar = Aegon/Rhaegar one is something I love.

Seriously though Jon can get burnt so he can't be a Targaryean. Now I never heard of Donal Noye getting burnt despite being a blacksmith!!! He must be a secret Targaryean!

Yes, it is known.

Martin would never pass on the opportunity of this irony - that the secret Targ Donal Noye forged the hammer that brought down the Targaryen dynasty.

Yes, it is known. Martin would never pass on the opportunity of this irony - that the secret Targ Donal Noye forged the hammer that brought down the Targaryen dynasty.

and is dead himself. Only one member left and Robert's wish of the destruction of the Targ dynasty comes trues!

Yes, it is known.

Martin would never pass on the opportunity of this irony - that the secret Targ Donal Noye forged the hammer that brought down the Targaryen dynasty.

and is dead himself. Only one member left and Robert's wish of the destruction of the Targ dynasty comes trues!

At this point I want to distance myself from this theory before someone takes it seriously.....

Can we have a party when this topic reaches its v 46, please?

betting business on the eve of ADOS release.

who will sit the iron throne. odds per 1 dollar

dany: 1.75$

stannis 1.3$

aegon : 1.2$

jon : 1.1$

bran : 1.8$

rickon: 1.9$

arya: 3$

tyrion : 3$

jamie: 5$

Gendry: 50$

samwell: 100$

hodor: 1 million$

hot pie : 1 billion $

no iron throne: refund

HODOR HODOR HOOOOODOR!

Erh, maybe Darkstar is Valarr's bastard. Look at their hair: Valarr is dark with a silver drill and Darkstar's is the opposite. Aren't the bastards' sigils the opposite?... I'm just saying. :ph34r:

I'd better stop messing up with the topic before I get myself a warn.

Just a thought and not sure if this has been brought up but if R+L did get married, what type of ceromony was it? Lyanna believe in the old Gods and Rhaegar would've believed in the seven. Was the marriage performed by a Septon or in front of a heart tree/weirdwoods. Bran could see it through a heart tree or the Septon who married them (but knowing this series he would probably be dead too !!) :dunno:

???Why should his death and resurrection affect his claim to the throne? That one is passed down by blood lineage and he will be the son of R+L dead or alive, whereas his NW membership holds only till he dies, therefore can be perceived as terminated by his death.

My thinking is that, if the king dies, the throne passes to his heir. So, for example, when Jaehaerys died, Aerys became king. If Jaehaerys was then resurrected, I think Aerys would still be king. Similarly with Jon, if he is the rightful king before his death, his claim would pass to his heir when he died.

Personally, I think that if Jon is going to get out of the Watch, it will be through Robb's will. And I think this would be the best thing for the Watch -- they need the backing of a strong leader in Winterfell and of all the current candidates Jon is probably the best choice.

Just a thought and not sure if this has been brought up but if R+L did get married, what type of ceromony was it? Lyanna believe in the old Gods and Rhaegar would've believed in the seven. Was the marriage performed by a Septon or in front of a heart tree/weirdwoods. Bran could see it through a heart tree or the Septon who married them (but knowing this series he would probably be dead too !!) :dunno:

I was under the impression that the Targs didn't really have much to do with the Faith at all, and tended not to believe, therefore I'd say before a Heart tree, though then there would need to be a witness, who is probably also dead.

My thinking is that, if the king dies, the throne passes to his heir. So, for example, when Jaehaerys died, Aerys became king. If Jaehaerys was then resurrected, I think Aerys would still be king. Similarly with Jon, if he is the rightful king before his death, his claim would pass to his heir when he died.

Personally, I think that if Jon is going to get out of the Watch, it will be through Robb's will. And I think this would be the best thing for the Watch -- they need the backing of a strong leader in Winterfell and of all the current candidates Jon is probably the best choice.

Hasn't Robs story come to an end, dead without pregnant queen, he's been dead for 2 books and no-one seems to look back at him.as king (just as beloved friend and brother)? Unlike Ned, who's still very important!

I was under the impression that the Targs didn't really have much to do with the Faith at all, and tended not to believe, therefore I'd say before a Heart tree, though then there would need to be a witness, who is probably also dead.

I checked A wiki of Ice and Fire:

Sometime before the conquest of the Seven Kingdoms, the Targaryens abandoned the Valyrian gods and converted to the Faith of the Seven, the predominant religion in Westeros.

I don't think Lyanna would give up the old gods but either option, heres hoping a witness may show up somewhere!

I checked A wiki of Ice and Fire:

Sometime before the conquest of the Seven Kingdoms, the Targaryens abandoned the Valyrian gods and converted to the Faith of the Seven, the predominant religion in Westeros.

I don't think Lyanna would give up the old gods but either option, heres hoping a witness may show up somewhere!

bran bran bran bran bran ^^

Martin confirmed that Arthur Dayne and Oswell Whent were with Rhaegar during the whole "abduction thing", so I think they are the witnesses to the marriage. Both dead, however.

Also, the Targ conversion to the Seven was purely political, but as we can see, there were religious Targs. I too think the marriage took place before a heart tree though. If a Northener and Old gods follower can take his Night's watch vow before a heart tree, then I don't see why a marriage won't be accepted as legit, given that one of the spouses is indeed an Old Gods follower.

Someone, though I can't remember who, pointed out that there was a heart tree in/near the Tower of Joy, maybe that's how they got married. I don't think Rhaegar gave much importance to religion anyway.

Someone, though I can't remember who, pointed out that there was a heart tree in/near the Tower of Joy, maybe that's how they got married. I don't think Rhaegar gave much importance to religion anyway.

??? I don't remember anything like that. The place with weirwoods which is considered to be a hot candidate for the secret marriage is the Isle of Faces near Harrenhall

Archived