R+L = J v 38

Stubby

"Commanding Ruler" would fit Dany better than Jon at present. In any case Azor Ahai has the training of a blacksmith, on the face of it at least. None of Dany, Jon, or Stannis do (if we read the point about the forging of Lightbringer literally).

"Commanding Ruler" would be a mistranslation of "Lord Commander". Which is what I think Azor Ahai actually is - the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

"Commanding Ruler" would be a mistranslation of "Lord Commander". Which is what I think Azor Ahai actually is - the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

That's an interesting idea. That Azor Ahai was either literally or figuratively the first commander of the nitght's watch. In terms of watching and defending against the Others it would certainly fit. That said I wouldn't take it as any great evidence towards AA being Jon as you've got a few hundred people playing the same role at some point.

The first might mean something, assuming that the sword does not come from elsewheres, such as from something Dany does. Suppose that it is Stannis' sword that he wields: that would be ironic, would it not?

Reading the segment indicates that Jon names the sword he is wielding, it is Longclaw.

ETA: This is all off topic, anyway. Perhaps you want to move this discussion to a new or existing thread about AA, tPtwP.

Like her ancestor Rhaenys she will fight from Drogon's back. I chose Rhaenys, because Dany does not use a sword, unlike Visenya. And would you not consider Dwight Eisenhower or say William Tecumseh Sherman a warrior? They directed battles and campaigns. They did not fight themselves. Dany does the same at Yunkai. Yes she consults Ser Jorah and others before the battle. But the overall battle plan was hers.

I don't see her as a warrior against the Others. The difference between Jon and Dany is that, Jon leads the battles against the Others and he trains himself as the warrior able to fight the Others, Dany is learning how to conquer humans, and she is not a trained warrior capable to defeat the Others. It is very cold in winter. What happened in the reality to Napoleon's and Hitler's armies in Russia in winter? Frozen to death. The same will happen to her Unsullied and Dothrakies. What is left? Three dragonlings. Those dragons are from the South. Are you sure that they can survive in winter and they would be enough to defeat the Others? We have the facts that humans defeated the Others in the past, not dragons. Dany doesn't have the army capable to defend from the Others in winter.

it wouldn't be epic, if only one or three dragons with Dany on top come and kill easily the Others. It would be epic to depict the war between the Others and humans, not between the Others and dragons.

Archived