R+L = J v 38

Stubby

Ned Stark tells Robert that the name of the mother of his bastard is "Wylla."He had to lie to protect Jon, and keep his final vow to Lyanna. If you look at a map of Westeros, you will see that the closest port to The Tower of Hope in the Red Mountains of Dorne, where Lyanna died, is Wyl. Azor Ahai was born amidst salt and smoke, Wyl. The Tower of Hope was also where Ned and his men have to defeat Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, and Oswell Whent, of the kinsguard. "We swore a vow." A song of ice and fire. Jon Snow's blood= Lyanna Stark (Ice)& Rhaegar Targaryen (Fire).

:bowdown: (Darn no clapping hands smiley.)

Ned Stark tells Robert that the name of the mother of his bastard is "Wylla."He had to lie to protect Jon, and keep his final vow to Lyanna. If you look at a map of Westeros, you will see that the closest port to The Tower of Hope in the Red Mountains of Dorne, where Lyanna died, is Wyl. Azor Ahai was born amidst salt and smoke, Wyl. The Tower of Hope was also where Ned and his men have to defeat Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, and Oswell Whent, of the kinsguard. "We swore a vow." A song of ice and fire. Jon Snow's blood= Lyanna Stark (Ice)& Rhaegar Targaryen (Fire).

Well we know Wylla is an actual person because she was also Edric Dayne's wetnurse. He corroborates her existence. This isn't a George Cauldron situation, you know? I'm also not sure how you connect "port" to "salt and smoke." It's also called the Tower of Joy, not Hope. :)

Salt from the sea breeze of the port, smoke from the burning bodies of the Kings Guard & Ned's men.

ETA: Also Lyanna's tears could be the salt & Ned's.

I'm actually pretty convinced the salt and smoke comes from the NW's attempted assassination of Jon Snow. Jon's wounds had smoke coming out of them while Bowen Marsh cries. Bowen's tears=salt, smoke rising from Jon's wounds=well smoke lol. Therefore salt and smoke.

I'm actually pretty convinced the salt and smoke comes from the NW's attempted assassination of Jon Snow. Jon's wounds had smoke coming from them while Bowen Marsh cries. Tears=salt, smoke rising from Jon's wounds=well smoke lol. Therefore salt and smoke.

There's lots of possibilities there. The steaming wound and the tears. The meat cellars where he might be stored (smoked and salted meat). The ice wall and the mist — before anyone laughs this off, remember that the prophecy was probably seen in a vision before being transcribed. A person from Asshai could easily mistake ice for salt and mist for smoke if they had seen neither before. (That's actually why I'm leery of Dragonstone being a key; I think the wording would've been different in that case).

There's lots of possibilities there. The steaming wound and the tears. The meat cellars where he might be stored (smoked and salted meat). The ice wall and the mist — before anyone laughs this off, remember that the prophecy was probably seen in a vision before being transcribed. A person from Asshai could easily mistake ice for salt and mist for smoke if they had seen neither before. (That's actually why I'm leery of Dragonstone being a key; I think the wording would've been different in that case).

Good point as usual :bowdown:

Tower of the Hand just revised their AA Theory to have it be Jon. (Dany is still TPTWP)

Do you have the link to the revised essay? The only one I'm seeing is still an outdated one, with Dany as AA and too little information to identify the PtwP.

Do you have the link to the revised essay? The only one I'm seeing is still an outdated one, with Dany as AA and too little information to identify the PtwP.

I don't really know how to make a like on this apple computer. :blushing: (I could do it real easy with Microsoft) I'll go see if I can find it though. :leaving:

Thanks for the link. I am not in any way dazzled or impressed by the essay-writer (if he's on here, sorry, but no). Acting like it's Big News that Jon might be AA, when people have had that pegged for months, practically since the book came out (I do see it was written in July, but still, weak)? Still clinging to Maester Aemon as some never-wrong authority in the matter ("He says Dany is the PtwP and he MUST be right!")? I'm actually of the mind that it's still one person, and that person is Jon. And honestly the way it reads, it's like he also knows that it's probably Jon too, in his gut, but for whatever reason can't let Dany go completely. Mostly though I'm laughing at him bringing up the possibility that Jon is in fact AA like it's Brand New Information.

Bush-league in the extreme.

But thanks for the link though.

From the TotH essay:

In terms of telling the future, nobody is more reliable than the ghost of High Heart. The fact that she claimed the PtwP would be born of Aerys' line practically cements Daenerys, his daughter, into that role.

Um, no? Jon Snow, son of Rhaegar, grandson of Aerys? The song of ice and fire seems much more appropriate for the child of Stark/Targaryen, at least at this point in the game.

I guess I'm still convinced that AAR and TPTWP are the same person. There just seems to be too much overlap.

From the TotH essay:

In terms of telling the future, nobody is more reliable than the ghost of High Heart. The fact that she claimed the PtwP would be born of Aerys' line practically cements Daenerys, his daughter, into that role.

Um, no? Jon Snow, son of Rhaegar, grandson of Aerys? The song of ice and fire seems much more appropriate for the child of Stark/Targaryen, at least at this point in the game.

I guess I'm still convinced that AAR and TPTWP are the same person. There just seems to be too much overlap.

But it is yet to be shown that "the song of ice and fire" is actually a part of the prophecy rather than some commentary thereupon. If the latter, then it provides little support for preferring Jon to Dany, if those are the two main candidates. But I do agree with you that AAR and the PtwP do refer to the same person. But on present evidence that person is Daenerys Targaryen.

Archived