Dany won't be in tWoW?

Jon Wolfwalker

Originally there was supposed to be a five year gap between the VERY end of ASoS and AFfC for characters to grow(Samwell to train to be a maestor, Arya as an assassin, Sansa as LF's pupil, Bran as a greenseer, Jon Snow as Lord Commander, etc.) and I think GRRM said he was originally planning that the battle of Meereen WOULD have happened in that time and Dany would've been forced to flee to Asshai where she'd be at the start of AFfC.

But then he was so reliant on flashbacks and whatnot, that he got fed up and scraped the idea and i'm pretty sure NOW the whole "going to Asshai" thing was scraped all together.

Pretty sure Dany passing underneath the giant shadow of Drogon at the end of her last chapter in ADwD is supposed to be the substitute to fill in the prophecy. In hindsight, the "shadow" in that prophecy now works as a redherring since everyone thinks it means Asshai.

This.. sometimes plans can change when one book(feast) comes out like 10 years after acok.

Agreed. I think he's had to change his plans, and much of the end of Dany's arc in DwD was to "fulfill" her prophecies, (ie going South and East, womb quickening, passing beneath the shadow, etc)...

Why all the dany hate? maybe I read the title wrong but I'm pretty sure in the song of ice and fire that she has to be the fire...so you love a series of books but despise one of the central characters to the overall plot, I just don't get it?

Don't get me wrong, I have a love hate relationship with the majority of charcters but dany is just not one to hate

Oh my sweet summer child...

Oh my sweet summer child...

The nicest way to call someone an idiot I've ever heard. and the great thing is that so many people wouldn't even get it.

I'll put it this way though, you would all bow down and kiss her feet if she showed up in your city riding the only dragons in all the known world!

To go North, you must journey South - I think this might refer to her having to go to dorne before going north.

To reach the West, you must go East - This has already been fulfilled in that to go to Westeros she had to go further east in Essos.

To go forward you must go back - This might refer to her having to go to valyria, but could also mean returning to Braavos.

and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow - Perhaps the light is referring to the sun in the sky, and to reach the sky and the light she must first learn to fly drogon, the shadow referring to Drogon's shadow in the pit.

• 2 weeks later...

To go North, you must journey South - I think this might refer to her having to go to dorne before going north.

To reach the West, you must go East - This has already been fulfilled in that to go to Westeros she had to go further east in Essos.

To go forward you must go back - This might refer to her having to go to valyria, but could also mean returning to Braavos.

and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow - Perhaps the light is referring to the sun in the sky, and to reach the sky and the light she must first learn to fly drogon, the shadow referring to Drogon's shadow in the pit.

I kind of agree with what 'Spilly' is saying here and to answer the point of the thread I think Dany will be in WOW. What I would like to see happen for Dany next is for her to ride one of the Dragons around the world and turned up in Westeros from the direction of the Sunset Sea. Therefore fulfilling three points from the above prophecy. 'To reach West, you must go East' - fairly obvious that one, she keeps going until she reaches Westeros. 'To go forward you must go back' - Back East in the direction of Quarth. 'And to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow' - the light might be referring to what is on the other side of the Shadow Lands and Asshai or the Sunset Sea. Plus this way the readers may get a pretty good 'Dany on her own adventure', a real right of passage type story, which we have not had apart from the one chapter at the end of ADWD. There is aways other people telling her what to do! If she were to drop in at Asshai as well that would be amazing, I think alot of readers would like to see that.

I know that this theory is a littler bit far fetched. I know people will say what about her 'Army' but if she drops into Mereen for the end of the battle to see what havoc has been caused, then has another visit from Quaithe (realising the true meaning of the prophecy), she could say to Barristan Selmy 'lead the army to Westeros, I will meet you there'.

I just think that this would give the books a really interesting spin. But of course it could be total rubbish, the The Lands of Ice and Fire could be flat and she could just fall off the edge of the world!

The Braavosi certainly hate slavery, but they also hate dragons, so a Dany vs. Volantis match-up is one they're bound to be deeply ambivalent about.

They hate dragons because that was what it possible for Valyria to enslave people from half the wolrd. They only hate dragons because the slavery, so no slavery, no hate of dragons

she is a Targaryen, meaning she is immune to fire and disease.

Targaryens are not immune neither to fire or disease. King Aegon V and his eldest son died when Summerhall caught fire. Daeron II died in the Great Spring Sickness, along with some of his grandchilds. Dany herself has burned her hands and got sick at the end of aDwD

I know that this theory is a littler bit far fetched. I know people will say what about her 'Army' but if she drops into Mereen for the end of the battle to see what havoc has been caused, then has another visit from Quaithe (realising the true meaning of the prophecy), she could say to Barristan Selmy 'lead the army to Westeros, I will meet you there'.

\

I was thinking maybe this could happen. Dany flies eastward and ends up getting to Westeros from the left side, most likely in Dorne. Barristan sails with Victorian back to Dorne from the right side. They meet somewhere and kick ass.

To go west, you must go east: her going to the slave cities before Westeros

To go forward, you must first go back: going back to Vaes Dothrak

To reach the light, you must first pass beneath the shadow: going under Drogon's shadow and learning to control him.

I'll agree that the last two points are possible answers to the prophecy but not the first. Dany first hears the prophecy when she is in Quarth and at that moment Slaver's Bay lies to the west. It doesn't add up, it has to mean going east of Quarth.

Archived