The Bastard's Letter

redriver

Are we here , or are we there ? ..with the Bastard , or with the Bastart ?

I'm not finished , obviously...I'm spewing Stannis theory everywhere...

Here.I deeply apologize for the duplication.I'm trying to have the other thread locked/deleted without much success.

I think the old gods enjoy watching watching me squirm!

Mance wrote the damned letter anyway,with Stannis looking over his shoulder!

Tormund talks with jon about a wildling song about bael the bard, then later in winterfell in chapter where theon and Jayne escape, right before that theon sees nance start playing a song he doesn't recognize. Theon would recognize northern songs, so I'm going with mance about to out himself as himself by playing that song.

Bam

Hmmmm..If Benjen is the HM , he would no doubt recognize " Bael the Bard ", as much time as he's spent north of the wall... And Benjen may not know what Mance looks like , but Mance knows what Benjen looks like...

Since Jon hadn't heard it , I doubt many of those currently in WF would have heard it... maybe some from the very northernmost houses , like maybe the Umbers... but people who didn't recognize it wouldn't be suspicious ..it might just be his own composition.

This is intriguing...

I think it's too much up in the air how this all ends. But I think the song is at least a good hint that its going down at winterfell as theon and jeyne escape. Maybe theon/jeyne aren't the only source of commotion at winterfell in that last chapter in dwd.

I largely agree with theoldgodsnotthenew, who has a great thread on this subject, that mance is a badass, and is likely comparable to littlefinger in his scheming abilities. I'm really excited to see what happens!

i had a thread with the exact same headline with extensive questions on this topic up for the longest time, it had something close to like 450 comments, and like many threads on here it was pinned and then locked, but i agree the discussion is not over, i think ramsay really did write that letter

i had a thread with the exact same headline with extensive questions on this topic up for the longest time, it had something close to like 450 comments, and like many threads on here it was pinned and then locked, but i agree the discussion is not over, i think ramsay really did write that letter

wow, 101 posts, and i'm still a "sellsword"!!!

You double posted so you didn't rank up LOL. no but seriously please use the edit button, congrats on 100! :cheers:

Archived