Ripper Street- a Spook and a Sellsword

Darth Visenya

What's worse is, it's not like the BBC needs the show to have massive ratings to draw in advetisers. They could have moved it back to Sunday for a third season and canned it if the decline continued.

I hope season 2 doesnt end on a cliffhanger.

What's worse is, it's not like the BBC needs the show to have massive ratings to draw in advetisers. They could have moved it back to Sunday for a third season and canned it if the decline continued.

I hope season 2 doesnt end on a cliffhanger.

Exactly and from a quick search about ratings a lot of critics enjoyed the show and are pissed it's being cancelled. With the BBC acclaim should be as important as viewing figures. I also agree on the timeslot. Put it back on a Sunday for a 3-6 episode run and see how it fares. If the ratings are still down - can it.

Exactly and from a quick search about ratings a lot of critics enjoyed the show and are pissed it's being cancelled. With the BBC acclaim should be as important as viewing figures. I also agree on the timeslot. Put it back on a Sunday for a 3-6 episode run and see how it fares. If the ratings are still down - can it.

I have to admit I've found it more awkward to view on a Monday.

I have to admit I've found it more awkward to view on a Monday.

I can also see how some may prefer to watch a reality show on a monday evening as you don't have to watch it and can do other things (although I'd rather watch paint dry). That said, I tend to watch it in the morning before work so the timeslot is more convenient. Sunday evening i rarely have much on.

The bbc make programmes that must appeal to about 5 frigging people (who watches the The Paradise ffs), Ripper Street is about my favourite bbc show, although I like Peaky Blinders guess they will cancel that as well. Probably another bloody Casualty spin off to fill the timeslot, or a modern set police drama, like we don't have enough of those.

I can also see how some may prefer to watch a reality show on a monday evening as you don't have to watch it and can do other things (although I'd rather watch paint dry). That said, I tend to watch it in the morning before work so the timeslot is more convenient. Sunday evening i rarely have much on.

I can't stand watching reality TV, in fact when I think about it, I watch very little actual TV, I would rather spend my time watching stuff I'm interested in on Netflix,Boxset,download etc than watching most of the rubbish that's shown on the main channels.

The bbc make programmes that must appeal to about 5 frigging people (who watches the The Paradise ffs), Ripper Street is about my favourite bbc show, although I like Peaky Blinders guess they will cancel that as well. Probably another bloody Casualty spin off to fill the timeslot, or a modern set police drama, like we don't have enough of those.

Awh come on - they can't take both this and Peaky from me, no-one's that cruel

I can't stand watching reality TV, in fact when I think about it, I watch very little actual TV, I would rather spend my time watching stuff I'm interested in on Netflix,Boxset,download etc than watching most of the rubbish that's shown on the main channels.

me too.

I can't see why BBC can't take a netflix attitude to some of these types of show. I'm sure they'd work as well. Although I think BBC are testing the water as Orphan Black was bulk released on their iplayer.

I also thought the BBC had a mandate to not just churn out a small number of shows eg it can't just be reality tv and soaps. I guess Peaky Blinders covers historical drama quota (along with all the other "I'm not interested" period dramas they do).

There's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell next year though.

there's a rumour going around that film4 is putting a deal together with the BBC to make another 2 seasons. It could be a wind-up but film4/lovefilm is a UK competitor to netflix. It may mean we don't get to see repeats on iplayer for very long (or at all).

I hope it's true.

there's a rumour going around that film4 is putting a deal together with the BBC to make another 2 seasons. It could be a wind-up but film4/lovefilm is a UK competitor to netflix. It may mean we don't get to see repeats on iplayer for very long (or at all).

I hope it's true.

Ar last, the Gods see fit to remove cock from ass!

I hope Ripper Street lives on with Channel 4, and puts a BBC program to the sword.

Great finale. I liked how the police were essentially powerless and the only way they could beat the villains was at their own game. Reid showed a truly dark side to his persona while Drake showed he wants to be a better man.

It was maybe a bit neat how Drake won the fight (I'm pretty sure it's only in TV where tiring your opponent out by letting him beat you senseless works as a strategy) and I'd have though Duggan would have had some more useful bodyguards but it served in showing us that at that point in time this was maybe the only kind of "justice" you could get.

Thankfully no cliffhangers but I'm still hoping we'll get another series as BBC seems to be surprised by the backlash following the cancellation.

Ali-Foreman fight, rumble in the jungle. Ali did a similar thing against George, took a fair wolloping from foreman for irrc 7 rounds, then took him apart. Good fight probably get to watch it on youtube, or ESPN. If not lookout for a documentray called When we were Kings.

Good last episode, kind of soured by the fact it maybe the last. I am really going to miss it. Well at least were going to get the chance to watch feature length Saint's & Scroungers, or celebrity bargin hunt.

What other show are we going to get classic lines like "Would your American extinguish his cheroot".

• 2 months later...

Archived