Ripper Street- a Spook and a Sellsword

Darth Visenya

Rejoice! Amazon have saved Ripper Street and will be producing a third season later this year.

Great move by Amazon for grabbing some positive attention surrounding their UK launch of streaming TV. There's a good chance I'll try it out come the debut of season 3 just so they'll know the support is being appreciated.

I just hope this doesn't become a regular thing with the BBC relying on outside funding to support essentially anything that isn't Doctor Who or Eastenders though.

I'm trying to remember if I saw the last episode of the last series, what happened?

the storyline with the yankee and his wife's loan shark/owner was resolved. Bronn got his shit back together and wound up fighting Benjen Stark in the ring. Reid wanted Bronn to kill Benjen but Bronn doesn't want to be a thug anymore

the storyline with the yankee and his wife's loan shark/owner was resolved. Bronn got his shit back together and wound up fighting Benjen Stark in the ring. Reid wanted Bronn to kill Benjen but Bronn doesn't want to be a thug anymore

No I didn't see that. I seem to do that with Tv, miss the last episode :P I did it with top of the lake too, I was really interested and I still don't know what happened. :P

• 8 months later...

Ripper Street: Season 3 Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKgs57diQQU

Season 3 premiered exclusively on Amazon Prime Instant Video on November 14 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P4OGHTK?ref_=atv_dp_season_select_s3

Being on Amazon I thought it would be available in the US at the same time as the UK, but it's not. Weird.

Finished watching s3 ep. 4 and it was really good.

Susan has really turned to the dark side ! :eek: Things are not going to end well for her.

Surprised by the guest appearance of Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon from GoT) who plays a creepy pimp very convincingly ! Based on this performance they should give him more screen time on GoT.

The ending was incredibly tense,so far season 3 has been great overall.

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoying this season so far. I think it's better than previous seasons.

Reid has been both great and at times annoying to watch in those seasons, so this time around an episode without him allows him to come back awesome and then gone for another episode before he becomes annoying again.

Really enjoying this season so far. I think it's better than previous seasons.

Reid has been both great and at times annoying to watch in those seasons, so this time around an episode without him allows him to come back awesome and then gone for another episode before he becomes annoying again.

I agree that this is the best season yet.

It's been quite funny that he was basically not in two of the six episodes so far. Episode six was a nice little bottle episode - that noble woman was gorgeous, and the ending was fantastic. Looking forward to watching that play out over the next two (four?) episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good finale!

I'm surprised they let Susan get away with it, but with what the conspiring to 'deal with' her even more despicable father they certainly couldn't arrest her. It definitely felt like a series finale, but they left it open enough to come back to it.

Archived