Rickon`s Regent

Mladen

If the youngest Stark ever comes back to Winterfell with his direwolf, who do you think would rule his kingdoms in his name, or at least North (if there would not be Kingdom of the North and Riverlands anymore). There are many choices...

1. Sansa

2. Edmure Tully

3. Brynden Tully

4. Wyman Manderly

5. Lord from Skagos

Each of them could be a decent regent, but there are too many things that works against each of them. Sansa is married to a Lannister,Edmure is held as captive in Casterly rock, and Manderly is just a lord, not High lord, not many Northerners would be that happy to be ruled by him. The same reason for Skagosi lord...

Who do you think will rule North until Rickon comes of age?

Take your pick of

- Jon Stark (naturally the first pick, unless his oath keeps him away)

- Robett Glover (already deeply involved with rescuing him, no seat of his own and well respected)

- Davos Seaworth (if Stannis gets a say in it)

Glover is a good choice, but Manderly is better. Davos, as much as I like him, Westerosi watches him as nothing more than remedied pirate. And I don`t see Jon leaving NW anytime soon

Glover is a good choice, but Manderly is better. Davos, as much as I like him, Westerosi watches him as nothing more than remedied pirate. And I don`t see Jon leaving NW anytime soon

Manderley is a) as good as dead, either in the battle for Winterfell or by being an old, obesive, injured man during winter, B) follows the Seven, not a proper Northman, c) has White Harbour to take care of.

And the Northmen value Davos, as well as Stannis. He gathered points with Manderley and Glover anwill gather more by rescuing Rickon. By and large, he is the only Southerner the Northmen could accept. And Stannis numbero uno for such a difficult job.

I don't think Sansa is headed north any time soon. Also, as people said, she's still married to a Lannister and all in all really isn't fit to be regent.

The Tullys have enough trouble of their own. I don't think either will play any part in what's happening in the north.

Lord from Skagos is interesting, but I doubt it since they never seemed to really have any interest in anything beyond Skagos and the north doesn't really feel they belong either.

Davos won't do it, he has better things to do too and he swore fealty to the one king he intends to serve. Which also rules out the possibility Rickon will be king since Manderly and Glover promised they will also swear fealty to Stannis.

Manderly is a good choice, but he's pretty old and sick by now. Won't do for the long run.

Glover is an excellent choice IMO. Maybe the best except...

Osha. Even though she's no highborn lady, she kept Rickon alive for long and probably became a second mother to him. If Rickon has a choice in it (which according to his wildness and stubbornness I'm sure he'll insist on choosing his own regent), I'm positive he'll choose her. You also have to remember that with the free fold becoming part of the north the whole political climate will change there, and Osha is perfect not only to guide Rickon how to handle them, but also a great way to get them more used to kneeling.

I don't think Sansa is headed north any time soon. Also, as people said, she's still married to a Lannister and all in all really isn't fit to be regent.

The Tullys have enough trouble of their own. I don't think either will play any part in what's happening in the north.

Lord from Skagos is interesting, but I doubt it since they never seemed to really have any interest in anything beyond Skagos and the north doesn't really feel they belong either.

Davos won't do it, he has better things to do too and he swore fealty to the one king he intends to serve. Which also rules out the possibility Rickon will be king since Manderly and Glover promised they will also swear fealty to Stannis.

Manderly is a good choice, but he's pretty old and sick by now. Won't do for the long run.

Glover is an excellent choice IMO. Maybe the best except...

Osha. Even though she's no highborn lady, she kept Rickon alive for long and probably became a second mother to him. If Rickon has a choice in it (which according to his wildness and stubbornness I'm sure he'll insist on choosing his own regent), I'm positive he'll choose her. You also have to remember that with the free fold becoming part of the north the whole political climate will change there, and Osha is perfect not only to guide Rickon how to handle them, but also a great way to get them more used to kneeling.

Osha, interesting...You`re right about Rickon not becoming King in the North, but he would also need someone to rule instead of him. If Sansa gets an annulment(which isn`t that crazy to believe, since Tyrion would possibly wants the same), in 3 years would become of age and fit. Certainly Glover is a good choice...

Apart from the obvious obstacles--underage, married to a Lannister, and wanted for regicide--I think Sansa would be a fine regent. As would Jon, but he also has some pretty big obstacles to overcome, like cheating death.

What about Brynden Tully? It seems to me the obvious place for him to go is north. He could help Manderly rally the North around Rickon and act as regent until Sansa comes of age. He can also gain the support of the North to help him reclaim Riverrun.

As far as Osha, she's a wildling and doesn't believe in lands, titles, and bending the knee, so I doubt she would be interested in being a regent.

The obvious choice, Jon Snow, his bastard brother. Besides being married to a Lannister, isn't Sansa underage?

This and Jon isn't a Stark, his father was a Targaryen. He can't obviously be Lord of Winterfell if Rickon is alive even if he actually was a Ned's bastard, which he isn't.

Jon will be Rickon's regent as the eldest of the kids raised at WF, and as King of Westeros.

Jon can't be regent.

First, for all we know he's dead, in a coma, or stuck in Ghost.

Second, he's a Sworn Brother of the Nights Watch. He swore an oath to remain aloof from the politics of the realm. I'm pretty sure being regent of a king is getting involved in the politics of the realm

Apart from the obvious obstacles--underage, married to a Lannister, and wanted for regicide--I think Sansa would be a fine regent. As would Jon, but he also has some pretty big obstacles to overcome, like cheating death.

What about Brynden Tully? It seems to me the obvious place for him to go is north. He could help Manderly rally the North around Rickon and act as regent until Sansa comes of age. He can also gain the support of the North to help him reclaim Riverrun.

As far as Osha, she's a wildling and doesn't believe in lands, titles, and bending the knee, so I doubt she would be interested in being a regent.

Actually Osha did bend the knee to the Starks. if she survives, they could end up making her a Lady and giving her lands for her service. Its hard to see her turning that down out of principle. Still the Northmen are not going to let her be the Regent even if Rickon wants her to be. Brynden Tully is a good choice the problem is that Rickon does not know him. Rickon would probaly be more comfortable with Jon or Sansa, someone that he knows. Not that Rickon gets the final say, Robbs will could play a role in this and so will the bannermen and Stannis. I can not see Davos getting it, he all ready has to much on his plate all ready, but I'm sure he will be honored in the North if he returns with their leige lord.

Jon can't be regent.

Second, he's a Sworn Brother of the Nights Watch. He swore an oath to remain aloof from the politics of the realm. I'm pretty sure being regent of a king is getting involved in the politics of the realm

Yes, he can manny people believe that he´s not dead (GRRM hinted it, too) and many people believe that he will leave the NW that his "death" will free him of his vows. Besides he has allready interfered with the politics of the realm, by helping Stannis with his campaign and he wanted to march against Ramsay.

Jon can't be regent.

I think Jon's destiny won't end at the Wall. GRRM indicated that Jon isn't dead.

Archived