What did Tyrion hope to accomplish (ending chapters spoilers)

Ser Mag the Mighty

Something I like to think about is whether or not Tyrion would've went up there had Jaime NOT spilled the truth about Tysha.

obviously not. he went up there be cause he was mad as shit. if he didnt know he would get the fuck out of there fast

Yeah, I think his intention was to kill Tywin based on what Tywin did to him regarding Tysha... the fact that he made all his men (and Tyrion) rape her, made Jaime lie to Tyrion, made Tyrion go on believing all these years that she was a whore even though she wasn't... that's why he was going to kill Tywin.

Was Tysha really raped? I don`t think she was forced into it.

Tywin denied this, though. I'm not sure what to believe

Although Tywin seemed a man who always kinda spoke what he thoughts in my opinion he lied right to Tyrion's face. He

also asked him to discuss the problem in his private chambers while he normally always came to the point whenever he wanted to and whereever he wanted to. He really was a little paniced (who wouldn't if someone who should be in a cell for murder is suddenly pointing a crossbow at you) although he didn't show openly - after all he was a master of not showing his feelings (and lies).

___

Tyrion acted the best way possible. Tywin always let him feel the shame for being a dwarf-son and even would have let him die. He felt invincible and because Tyrion knew what his father's reaction would be he confronted him in the only possible situation in which he was in control ... plus he was on super-rage-mode :P

The direct reason why Tyrion killed him at that moment? Because he told his father he'd kill him if he said "whore" again, and he did. Tyrion might have killed him a minute later, but the fact that his father was so sure his son was incapable of following up on his threat made pulling the trigger easy.

Why did Tyrion go up to his father's room?

Would he have killed him had Shae not been there?

IIRC, Tyrion was upset (to put it mildly) following Jaimie's revelation and took a detour up to the TotH to confront his father. I suspect seeing Shae there added fuel to the fire.

What is interesting is that Tywin was forever chiding Tyrion for certain behaviors that he was revealed to dabble in as well. Adds another layer to the manifold complexities between the two characters.

There is a line from one of Jaimie's chapters in aFfC where Genna tells Jaimie that Tyrion is Tywin's son. This line made me recall the scene in the Tower at the end of SoS when Tyrion confronts (and kills) Tywin.

Archived