A Compendium of Theories

Full-Faced Braavosi

Please, no. It's not that this thread isn't handy or interesting, but any more pinned threads and we'll have nearly half the front page occupied by pinned threads. I actually want to see fewer pinned threads instead of more.

I actually agree that there may be too many pinned threads, but, what I hope is in an unbiased manner, I would argue that a thread that links to other threads (i.e. that offers a sub-pinning and enables the removing of pinned threads in the forum) would be that most worthy of pinning.

He's not wrong about some of these theories. I'm inclined to start adding some form of rankings from accepted theory to crackpottery, haven't decided yet. Not sure how strongly people feel about this, but I'd appreciate any thoughts (and if inclined to it, any thoughts on which are crackpot or not).

Good idea but you'd need to hold votes on many of them to see whether people think they're crackpot or not, then maybe take the "scores" and compare them for the ranks. Unless you intend to rank them on your personal opinion of course.

Mods can you pin this thread please?

Good idea but you'd need to hold votes on many of them to see whether people think they're crackpot or not, then maybe take the "scores" and compare them for the ranks. Unless you intend to rank them on your personal opinion of course.

Mods can you pin this thread please?

I'd love to take votes/get input, but it seems like whenever I ask for it, I don't get any responses.

How would we make it work? Just post the poll, & have people post?

Unfortunately, either this board does not allow polls or I am unaware of how to get them set up, so I'm not sure it can be something so simple and official.

But I am happy to have people post their opinions about all or any individual theories (whether they should be taken as bible or are crackpot or somewhere in the middle), and I'll eventually do some tallying to figure it out.

I guess we would have to read all of them then. :P Are you all through with what has been put in front of you right now, or are you going to add to the first page?

No need to necessarily read them all - if you happen to read a single theory and the corresponding discussion that you think really doesn't stand up to the criticism, say you think it's crazy (and maybe why).

Well it's never done-done.

Been a little busy lately, but I have a few threads people posted here to read through and some others I have in mind I need to check on, but it's largely populated as it is - doubt there will be massive additions in the near future.

Archived