Small questions v.10001

Angalin

My guess is that unless it's two followers of the old gods getting married, the marriage will take place in a sept (provided there's at least one that follows the seven). It just seems to be the standard by all accounts...

The ceremony of the Seven is much more complex and formal; but the Old Gods ceremony seems to consist of exchanging vows in front of a tree. I don't think the concept of marriage and legitimacy is as important to the Old Gods as the Seven, so I agree that if one worships the seven, both will be married that way. Alys Karstark was married by the Red God ceremony and all the northerners thought it was legitimate.

One small question: May Hodor be a Frey? Since he is named Walder. Propably isn't important, interesting nevertheless.

I figure he is. Doubt it's significant unless Frey's are found to have consorted with giants. Hodor is half as big and twice as bright and Osha thinks he may have some giant in him.

Another question.

Why and how was Jaqen H'ghar imprisoned to begin with? What was his reason for being in Westeros?

It's seems rather unprofessional for a FM to be captured while on a mission, unless being caught was a part of the mission.

Even GRRM doesnt know.

Random question: I'm still on Clash of Kings, but I was reading a lot of forums that were saying that pretty much nothing happens for the next 3 books. Is this true? Should I keep reading up to Dance With Dragons? I am really enjoying the books so far, but don't see the point of reading if he doesn't progress the storyline too far :/

LMAO!!! Nothing happens in Storm? Whoever suggested this should just jump of The Wall.

Does Sansa even think about Arya ONCE in all the time they're separated?

Yes. If I recall correctly, Sansa imagines one of her future children looking like Arya during the time she's fantasizing about being married to Willas Tyrell. That is at least one instance.

Archived