Prince Lewyn's Paramour

Full-Faced Braavosi

I am yet to read the responses so apologise if it has been mentioned.

I'd love to know who she was but my money is on someone relatively unknown or unimportant, and hence finding out might feel like a bit of a letdown. At most she was a wife of a minor lord, but more likely someone like Ellaria Sand whom he brought to the capital from Dorne. It's a mystery on par with Olenna's Targaryen finance. I wouldn't be surprised if even George haven't decided on her identity yet. It's one of those little seeds he puts into the text. He might never visit it again or he might use it in some capacity, especially if he gets sidetracked during the Dornish chapters.

I am yet to read the responses so apologise if it has been mentioned.

I'd love to know who she was but my money is on someone relatively unknown or unimportant, and hence finding out might feel like a bit of a letdown. At most she was a wife of a minor lord, but more likely someone like Ellaria Sand whom he brought to the capital from Dorne. It's a mystery on par with Olenna's Targaryen finance. I wouldn't be surprised if even George haven't decided on her identity yet. It's one of those little seeds he puts into the text. He might never visit it again or he might use it in some capacity, especially if he gets sidetracked during the Dornish chapters.

We actually know who Olenna's fiance was. Prince Daeron. Interestingly, his sister Shaera was betrothed to Luthor Tyrell, but ran off with their brother Jaehaerys to elope (Jaehaerys' jilted fiancee was Celia Tully). Fun family.

Here's a total crackpot for Lewyn's paramour--not even possible level crackpot--Darkstar's mom. :D

We actually know who Olenna's fiance was. Prince Daeron. Interestingly, his sister Shaera was betrothed to Luthor Tyrell, but ran off with their brother Jaehaerys to elope (Jaehaerys' jilted fiancee was Celia Tully). Fun family.

Here's a total crackpot for Lewyn's paramour--not even possible level crackpot--Darkstar's mom. :D

I read TWoIaF so I know who Olenna's betrothed was. I was just making the point that I think that they mystery of Lewyn's paramour is on par with that. It' likely just an interesting tidbit involving extremely minor (and unknown to most readers) character rather than some game changing mystery so many posters make it out to be. It's there to enrich the story and add layers to Barristan's characters and Aerys' KG rather than anything else.

I read TWoIaF so I know who Olenna's betrothed was. I was just making the point that I think that they mystery of Lewyn's paramour is on par with that. It' likely just an interesting tidbit involving extremely minor (and unknown to most readers) character rather than some game changing mystery so many posters make it out to be. It's there to enrich the story and add layers to Barristan's characters and Aerys' KG rather than anything else.

Okay. I agree.

We shall see.

• 5 months later...

It is possible, but then I think it is also possible that Prince Rhaegar got together with his best friend Arthur Dayne's sister, Ashara, and that Elia would perhaps have allowed it considering the Dornish view of Paramours. Perhaps Elia might have felt more comfortable with a loyal vassal from her own country being her husband's paramour than with a woman she didn't know who might try to challenge her position.

----

That doesn't address Prince Lewyn's paramour though, so how about Joanna Lannister?

I believe she was planning more than betrothals with her friend the Princess of Dorne. Oberyn says they had an empty cabin on their ship perhaps to bring back a squire or cupbearer but maybe Joanna was planning to escape to Dorne and who better to get her but her lover's sister?

To me, it would also tie up a few other issues about Tywin and perhaps Tyrion as well which I can begin to post here, I suppose.

Tywin seems to have been unsure about Tyrion being his son. Perhaps when Tyrion was born, Tywin took the baby's "black fuzz" on his scalp and evil eye as proof and put her in the Silent Sisters like he did the Tarbeck women and as Jaime later sees her in his dream.

In the novels, Tyrion has a black eye and a green one and white blonde hair with black mixed in. Prince Lewyn + Joanna Lannister = Tyrion. So, Tyrion would be part Dornish and at least 1/8? Targaryen from Prince Lewyn, if his grandmother was Daenarys (married to Prince Maron in 184). He also may have other Targ blood in his Lannister side from Joanna.

There is a "sun shining brightly" as Prince Oberyn explains his visit to Casterly Rock to Tyrion and outlines what he knows of his mother's plan and as I recall a lot of sunrise imagery around Tyrion in general throughout the series.

Thats a bingo.

Tyrion is the son of Llewyn Martell. and it is why Tywin the sterile Lion banished his wife.  He couldnt kill family and his wife.  

Tyrion is martell.  Doran has gout and rubs his legs, very similar to tyrions leg rubs.  and The sons of Doran martell are the only members of any family ive read that are described as being stocky or short.  Tyrion is a small person because of the Kingsguard vows that llewyn broke, the old gods curse.

Tyrion being Nymeros-martell is why GRRM has him go down the Rhoyne in ADWD.  and why he had him meeting the shrouded Lord/ Prince Garin   and then removed the chapter.  Tyrion thinks of this underwater sea lord as looking like Tywin to him.  Or as a father figure. which points to the ancestory that tyrion has there.  Also why tyrion doesnt drown even though he "swallowed half the river" .  and why he doesnt contract grey scale... he is immune as a dornishman.  Garin's curse was targeted towards targaryens. to wipe them out for their transgressions against the rhoynish.

Also why tyrion is blessed with the sight of the Old Man, Giant turtle.

This is also why oberyn and Elia come to see tyrion's birth.

and why Oberyn stands as his champion.  and as i think Bronn has Dornish Loyalties... also why Bronn is his champion.

i was researching something for someone else.  I didnt think anyone else shared my opinion on this topic.  Im so confident i Usually dont tell people, for fear that it will ruin the story reveal.

kudos

• 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

"...and [Tyrion] perhaps has evaded other poisoning attempts in the past."

Wait, what? Does this refer to anything specific?

What is that from?

Archived