James Purefoy = Euron Crow's Eye

ServantOnIce

Some posters in another thread think Purefoy might have been sarcastic, given his praise of Game of Thrones in an earlier interview last year.

And if he was serious, I hope he changes his mind, because he an McKidd would be perfect here. I understand they might be bitter over the cancellation of Rome, but that's in the past, and both of them need to get over it.

And, why are they the only ones feeling sore about what happened? Ciaran Hinds and Tobias Menzies put the past behind them, and I think their renewed partership with HBO will prove to be very profitable to them.

yes Yes YeS YES!!!

and Robert Carlyle as Damphair

Yes! This!

Mads was my first pick as Euron, but I think Purefoy would be better. But, if he sticks to what he said in the interview, I really wish Mads gets the role. But, he'll be busy with Hannibal, so...

Robert Carlyle has always been my mental image of the Damphair.

I'm hoping McKidd and Purefoy both reconsider. Hard to tell how serious they really were. Purefoy referred to the conversation as "light-hearted banter" on his twitter.

Weirdly, when I read about Euron I pictured Tom Hiddleson as he appeared in the Avengers. Minus the horned helmet, of course. But Purefoy is certainly my top choice.

• 4 months later...

I've always seen Purefoy as Oberyn. The guy who played Pullo as Victorian. I'm up in the air about Euron and maybe like some others are saying they need to find good actors who are looking to make a name for themselves who aren't as well known or tied to other roles.

I am hoping Mads is going to be too busy with Hannibal, I love him as an actor but he's just not Euron for me. I would prefer Richard Armitage (though everyone else seems to want him for Victarion...), but he'll be too busy as well.

At this rate, I'd much prefer an unknown.

Archived