The Princess and the Queen [SPOILERS]

GRRM has announced that the monkey called Dangerous Women is off his back and that it will feature fake history, more specifically, an account of the original Dance: http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entry/Dangerous_Women_Delivered

If I understand correctly, this means The World of Ice and Fire will certainly not be published in 2013, since there would have to be a one-year waiting period between the publication of Dangerous Women and any part of it being collected in another volume. That assumes, of course, that The Princess and the Queen would be part of the TWOIAF (which seems like a safe assumption).

But maybe Ran will clear it all up with "No, no, it actually came out in 2012 and we forgot to ship it, but it's being carried on dragonback to each forum member's home right now, along with a complimentary turtle statue in gold and ebony."

"The Princess and the Queen" will not affect the publication schedule of the world book. Other factors (art!) might, but not that novella. :) You'll see what I mean in time.

And it's not a D&E story. For one thing, it's about the Dance of the Dragons, 80 years prior to the Dunk and Egg stories.

Interesting. I'm very excited for it. I think this will be a good year for ASoIaF. We just had the Arianne chapter, we'll hopefully get a new one in May when the paperback of ADwD comes out (although I just checked the Bantam site and now there's no date listed for release), and we'll probably get Dangerous Women before the year's out. All I had for 2012 was a sneak peak Theon chapter.

we'll hopefully get a new one in May when the paperback of ADwD comes out (although I just checked the Bantam site and now there's no date listed for release)

Looks like the paperback edition of ADwD will be released in the US in September 2014!

Link

Looks like the paperback edition of ADwD will be released in the US in September 2014!

Link

The link above also says that the paperback will be released as season 3 of the HBO hit "Game of Thrones" is airing. Clearly something's wrong.

As far as She Wolves of Winterfell- Martin said over the summer that he had hoped to have it done by Chicon, which was Labor Day weekend. I wonder if he's been having trouble writing it. It's weird that it wasn't done, and we haven't had any updates, and now Dangerous Women has the Dance of Dragons instead of She Wolves. Interesting.

Quote from GRRM on the next Dunk and Egg novella.

"I've had to postpone that one. But we do hope to release the existing hedge knight stories in a collection in 2014."

GRRM postponing his work, it cannot be. I love how he says the first three will be in a collection next year. Reading between the lines he's not finished and he has a lot of other stuff to work on so don't expect it to come out in 2014 because it would be part of the collection.

I'm actually very excited to see a Dance of the Dragons account for a very specific reason: It looks like it's the time period when the most dragons were killed. Ergo, an account of it would include specifics on how dragons can be killed.

Let's just hope they all didn't die because of age and mortal wounds suffered from other dragons.

Archived