(No Spoilers) Finished the book!

Jody

It took me longer then I wanted, but I finally finished the book! And my God, it was thoroughly entertaining, and addictive. It was well paced, and quite easy to follow. All the characters I loved (even Tywin and Cersei), and I just can't believe how deep it was. I felt like I was being told a whole new history of our world. It was basically a masterpiece, to keep it short.

Anybody who's looking into reading this book, read it! You won't be disappointed at all, I assure you. :)

Now, I'm already 100 or so pages through A Clash of Kings, and it is so far equally fantastic. :)

• 1 month later...

It took me longer then I wanted, but I finally finished the book! And my God, it was thoroughly entertaining, and addictive. It was well paced, and quite easy to follow. All the characters I loved (even Tywin and Cersei), and I just can't believe how deep it was. I felt like I was being told a whole new history of our world. It was basically a masterpiece, to keep it short.

Anybody who's looking into reading this book, read it! You won't be disappointed at all, I assure you. :)

Now, I'm already 100 or so pages through A Clash of Kings, and it is so far equally fantastic. :)

Congrats! You'll be ready to start making crackpot theories in no time!

It gets better glad you enjoyed it. A piece of advice, when you finish the other books reread thrones, it can be mind blowing. Thrones actually can be better the second time around for different reasons than a first read.

In my university Intro to Prose class my teacher would always say, "A book is always best the third time you read it."

I thought he was crazy. However, I did read A Game of Thrones twice and I now understand exactly why my professor said that. You pick up on so much more, especially all the crazy foreshadowing you missed the first time. It truly is mind blowing.

• 3 weeks later...

Gratz - glad you're enjoying your read.Thrones is the best of all the books but some of the later volumes do drag on into meandering travelogs, although I do recommend you keep reading as GRRM's prose is beautiful in places.

It gets better glad you enjoyed it. A piece of advice, when you finish the other books reread thrones, it can be mind blowing. Thrones actually can be better the second time around for different reasons than a first read.

Agreed, I picked up on a lot of foreshadowing that I missed the first time around.

I see.. I have been thinking about this.

Maybe I'll just get on and do it.

Thanks for the advice :)

Thrones was a phenomenal book. I suppose if I were ranking my favorites in order, Thrones would be first or second on the list. Of course, this has as much to do with being the unexpected introduction into an amazing world as it does with being a well-written and entertaining book. Sort of like how your first time always holds a special place in your memory.

The biggest thing I've picked up on this reread is just how dense the book actually is. I didn't realize how much happened just in the first volume.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I owe myself a re-read of aGoT then. There are probably a thousand things I didn't catch the first time and, now that I've read all 5 books, I'll surely understand all those things that went right over my head before :P

Archived