Waking Dragons from stone...keyword...waking.

Team_Rob

I was reading Jon's last chapter of ADWD, and I started thinking about Melisandre telling Stannis that she can wake dragons from stone, and telling him that she needs king's blood to do so. She still thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but she herself says that whenever she asks for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, she sees only 'Snow'. What if 'waking dragons out of stone' means waking Jon (just about everyone knows of the L+R=J theory) from death using Shireen's king's blood. Everyone thinks of him as a Stark, but if Jon is truly Rhaegar's son, then that would make him a dragon, and Shireen having greyscale would be the 'stone' in that prophecy. "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone." smoke coming from the stab wound, and the salt from Bowen Marsh's tears would suffice and Jon being Rhaegar's son would be the dragon awakened literally and figuratively.

That's a nice catch. I never thought of that. But this could be meant for Aegon. He's a dragon, whether he's a Targ or a Blackfyre, and Connington has greyscale too. Also, I'm not sure which prophecy that is, with all the prophecies there are in this series, but I remember something about dragons breathing shadow fire. The shadow fire could easily be meant at Aegon, since so many people believe he's a Blackfyre (black = shadow, or something like that). Nice catch nonetheless.

Bowen March's tears for the "salt" reference always seemed a bit dubious to me personally. Bit of a stretch. And it wasn't really smoke, that was just a figure of speech; it was steam (the warmth of the blood against he cold).

I like the Shireen idea. Could you elaborate on it more? How do you see it playing out?

I still prefer the idea of Stannis or Ramsey being Azor Ahai, personally, if there even is one at all.

Selyse won't allow it.

Selyse is a fucking moron. But past that fact, it has been mentioned on many many occasions that "queens men" does not refer to Selyse men. That being said I'm not trying to push the theory of Mel killing Shireen, just saying that if she wanted to it wouldn't be Selyse that stopped her, if she was stopped at all.

Why to use the little girl? If R+L=J, then Jon's blood would be king's blood. The recipe of waking a dragon from the stone is this one:

1.Take one Jon

2. let him bleed, the stone Jon is ready

3. Put a stoned Jon on the fire

4. The dragon is made.

maybe I messed up somewhere, your comments and recommendations are welcomed.

jon dont know that he is a dragon. stones mentioned in the phrase might be his own personal stones. may be later melisandre might rub jon's stones to create fire to enlighten him that he is dragon. this culd be one possiblity.

Why to use the little girl? If R+L=J, then Jon's blood would be king's blood. The recipe of waking a dragon from the stone is this one:

1.Take one Jon

2. let him bleed, the stone Jon is ready

3. Put a stoned Jon on the fire

4. The dragon is made.

maybe I messed up somewhere, your comments and recommendations are welcomed.

Jon's got kingsblood on both sides of his family.

Dragons blood. don't know if his father was but his great-great grandfather Aegon was "A Dragon" (read the Dunk and Egg stories)

Winter kings/Kings of the North. Who forever rest in STONE the tombs under Winterfell. Jon used to have dreams where they told him he belonged down there.

jon dont know that he is a dragon. stones mentioned in the phrase might be his own personal stones. may be later melisandre might rub jon's stones to create fire to enlighten him that he is dragon. this culd be one possiblity.

Maybe Jon does die and mellisandre decides to cremate him, and abra kadabra Jon is re-incarnated as AA just like Dany rose from the flames birthing her "dragons from stone" i could be wrong though maybe tommens AA :D

That is one awesome theory .

I don't thing the queen would mind per se, she cares about her god way more than her daughter. Besides, who's saying Mel will ask her permission?

Otherwise, yeah, Roza Ahai theory works fine with me.

Very nice catch !

This would be sweet twist. Jon is stabbed, Mel runs to fetch Shireen, sets her on fire, and Jon rises again, harder and stronger.

i sure do hope so. This was a nigh catch by the OP, i never thought about the waking from stone being a person, i've always thought of it as an actual dragon.

Bowen March's tears for the "salt" reference always seemed a bit dubious to me personally. Bit of a stretch. And it wasn't really smoke, that was just a figure of speech; it was steam (the warmth of the blood against he cold).

I like the Shireen idea. Could you elaborate on it more? How do you see it playing out?

I still prefer the idea of Stannis or Ramsey being Azor Ahai, personally, if there even is one at all.

Shireen has Greyscale. In the Tyrion chapters, those infected with greyscale are referred to as 'stonemen'. I think after Jon's death, the Others will begin their attack. In Jon's last chapter, you can already see the signs that something is about to happen. Mormont's bird (most likely Bran or Bloodraven) and Ghost are already anxious. The Wildlings, Night's Watch, and the Queen's men will be at each other's throats most like. It was said that as long as the men of the Night's Watch remain true, the Others cannot pass. With the actions taken of Bowen Marsh and his ilk, the attack can begin.

Mel said that she saw an attack at what she thought was East Watch, but that it could have been averted by their actions, causing the attack to take place at Castle Black. Then there's the final thing in Jon's chapter, about him only feeling the cold, instead of the blade that just went into his body (the others come in the cold), meaning it must've been pretty damn cold.

Archived