Waking Dragons from stone...keyword...waking.

Team_Rob

The key to Jon is simple, The cold preserves, Jon will be put in cold storage, for what reason, I do not know. but there is more to the point of having him tour the deep food freezer under the wall. Jon may not wake at all and die, but if he wakes, it may not be until the last book, in time for the REAL fight.

The key to Jon is simple, The cold preserves, Jon will be put in cold storage, for what reason, I do not know. but there is more to the point of having him tour the deep food freezer under the wall. Jon may not wake at all and die, but if he wakes, it may not be until the last book, in time for the REAL fight.

Good point. I can see that happen.

Then there's the final thing in Jon's chapter, about him only feeling the cold, instead of the blade that just went into his body (the others come in the cold), meaning it must've been pretty damn cold.

Are you referring to the "He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold..." bit? If so, I take that only to mean that he was already dying, the warmth leaving his body, nothing more. Also, the knives' metal would have been icy cold, so likely he'd feel the cold of the blade before the pain (like if you've ever cut yourself with a very sharp blade, then you usually see it before you feel the throbbing pain). Also when you've gone into shock you generally don't feel pain in the same way.

You know I like this theory, but I think there is more to it. There has to be a way to invlolve patchface into this, Melisanndre always says she see's him in blood and that he is more dangerous than he appears. I also belive his constant songs of "the fish they know they know" something like that has something to do with the end game. There are to many variables in place for me to achknowledge this theory as 1 that might be true..

You know I like this theory, but I think there is more to it. There has to be a way to invlolve patchface into this, Melisanndre always says she see's him in blood and that he is more dangerous than he appears. I also belive his constant songs of "the fish they know they know" something like that has something to do with the end game. There are to many variables in place for me to achknowledge this theory as 1 that might be true..

I agree with you about Patchface. I believe he is the 4th and last knife that stabs Jon, but that's just my gut feeling.

I was thinking the same thing. There is also Val to consider. She is wary of Shireen's greyscale and has already stated that she should be killed.

I can't recall in the books but someone here said that the Wall was apparently made with seawater so that's part of it.

"Someone here" said wrong. It is said in the books that the giant blocks of ice came from frozen lakes in the North. And if you consider the fact that salt waters freezing point is much lower than fresh waters it wouldn't make any sense at all to make an ice wall out of salt water. That being said i've quote people on this forum and been wrong before as well.

"Someone here" said wrong. It is said in the books that the giant blocks of ice came from frozen lakes in the North. And if you consider the fact that salt waters freezing point is much lower than fresh waters it wouldn't make any sense at all to make an ice wall out of salt water. That being said i've quote people on this forum and been wrong before as well.

My mistake then, thanks for clearing that up. It seemed plausible enough.

So many characters can be presumed to AA because of the situations they find themselves in (salt and smoke are an abundance). I'm hoping it's Jon but it could definitely be a few other characters.

My mistake then, thanks for clearing that up. It seemed plausible enough.

So many characters can be presumed to AA because of the situations they find themselves in (salt and smoke are an abundance). I'm hoping it's Jon but it could definitely be a few other characters.

Ya the smoking wound is I think what has led most people who think it is Jon to Jon, btw I wana say sorry if my message came off as rude, its late and idk why I'm awake.

Ya the smoking wound is I think what has led most people who think it is Jon to Jon, btw I wana say sorry if my message came off as rude, its late and idk why I'm awake.

Lol it's alright. I need to up my game and reread meticulously because most people on here are scholars as far as the text is concerned.

so that after she finds out jon isnt neds bastard cat can forgive him. even give him a big flamin kiss. shes really the only character i see working the sleeping beauty angle. for all that hated him for being a bastard shes the only one he really wanted to love him

I can't recall in the books but someone here said that the Wall was apparently made with seawater so that's part of it.

Aha! Well that makes much more sense, thank you. Funny, in posts that I've read people almost always reference Bowen Marsh's tears, yet the wall being made of saltwater sounds infinitely more plausible plot-wise to me, assuming Jon's a candidate for AA.

The presence of salt anywhere other than Marsh's tears would give me hope. I too have thought it was quite a stretch, but the OP has a great train of thought going. I could see Dany's blue flower somehow tying to Jon's resurrection. But I don't see the Wall lasting that long

There's salt under the wall, with all the stored supplies. If he is preserved under the wall in the cold, then when he rises, it will be to leave the salt, yes?

I was thinking about Dany as AA as well. I want Jon to be AA, but Dany really fits as well. (She awoke dragons from stone using blood magic).

What if AA is more than one person? Prophecies aren't always as they seem.

I was reading Jon's last chapter of ADWD, and I started thinking about Melisandre telling Stannis that she can wake dragons from stone, and telling him that she needs king's blood to do so. She still thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but she herself says that whenever she asks for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, she sees only 'Snow'. What if 'waking dragons out of stone' means waking Jon (just about everyone knows of the L+R=J theory) from death using Shireen's king's blood. Everyone thinks of him as a Stark, but if Jon is truly Rhaegar's son, then that would make him a dragon, and Shireen having greyscale would be the 'stone' in that prophecy. "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone." smoke coming from the stab wound, and the salt from Bowen Marsh's tears would suffice and Jon being Rhaegar's son would be the dragon awakened literally and figuratively.

That is a very interesting theory. For some reason, after you mentioned this I took it an entirely different way:

What if Jon Snow is not Azor Ahai, but he is the dragon which needs to wake from stone? What if the prologue of ADwD was foreshadowing of what will happen to him? After his physical "death", his soul/mind is trapped in Shireen, rather than Ghost? Jon unintentionally succeeds where Varamyr failed?

With Jon's body "on ice", he still can be the possible third husband of Dany after he is wakes from "stone".

The "blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness", would be a bit ironic then and she would still be a bride of the (once) dead!

There's salt under the wall, with all the stored supplies. If he is preserved under the wall in the cold, then when he rises, it will be to leave the salt, yes?

I was thinking about Dany as AA as well. I want Jon to be AA, but Dany really fits as well. (She awoke dragons from stone using blood magic).

What if AA is more than one person? Prophecies aren't always as they seem.

it reminds me of the bullet proof monk LOL, as in, what if they both fit the descripotion of AA, a nice theory i have to say, Jon could be TPTWP and Dany AA but who would be the third head of the Dragon? Kind of like the Father the son and the Holy Spirit! 3 entities of the same thing or what not :D

Archived