Waking Dragons from stone...keyword...waking.

Team_Rob

TPWWP was Rhaegar since he was, actually, a prince. He was also the head of the head dragon. When Robert smashed him he smashed all chances of Westerosi survival. There is no 3rd head. Everyone is doomed and all the Book 7 POVs will be from UnCharacters and white walkers. It is known.

The three heads of the dragon are Jon Snow, Jon Stark, and Jon Targaryen.

I think post #119 by Stoned Dragon has merit. When we talk about AA, we must remember the forging of Lightbringer. Sallador Saan says (ASoS Davos POV) that the final Lightbringer was tempered by plunging it into AA's wife, Nissa Nissa. Lightbringer doesn't necessarily meant a sword. Now we must remember that the sword isn't just a weapon. The sword is the weapon of the knight in shining armor, the hero about to conquer darkness, the symbol of justice etc. It could be Dany's weapon, her dragons. Dragons are "fire made flesh". Dragonflame i think has been noted to light even obsidian/dragonglass. The prologue of AFfC talks on that and on the light the burning obsidian casts and how it doesn't flicker -farfetched but well dragons bring light.

Now let's go to the tempering. The stone eggs were not so useful and could have been broken. But when Dany hatched the egg from the funeral pyre of her husband and somehow of Rhaego (the King's blood, or it could mean that the blood/death of Rhaego is in Mirri Maz Dur's hand and she was part of the pyre as well), we now have three living dragons. They were vulnerable at first, as Jorah pointed out, one swipe of an arakh=one dead dragon. But they grew, and in this they have a parallel with fire. A small fire is easy to quench. A larger fire is harder to quench. Song of fire (yes crackpot but please do keep an open mind).

Now what if the three (the Prince that was Promised, Azor Ahai, and the Hero of the First of Men) points to Dany? AA's connection pointed above. Also I feel its important to note that to come into this world, Dany killed her mother in the process as Jon killed his (if it's Lyanna), oh and so did Tyrion. What if Rhaella was a stone dragon in the sense that she wasn't what a Targaryen "dragon" might be (I mean not really a dragon in the sense that the people believe Rhaegar was)? She gave birth to Dany and paid for it with her life and blood, which being a Targaryen probably means King's blood. Maester Aemon has pointed out why she must be the Prince that was Promised. Now for the Hero. She wandered in wilderness -the Dothraki sea, the Red Waste, the Slaver's Bay etc. Her companions are dying one by one -examples are Viserys, Drogo, and some has pointed out that Jorah and Selmy or Victarion might also die come WoW.

What if Dany is literally the Song of Fire? Fire grows. Dany is growing and so does her dragons. Will elaborate later on when i figure out if there is a literall Song of Ice as well.

In relation to Dany being the Hero, remember that Quaithe said "To go north, you must go south". What if to go to the Wall, she must go to Oldtown, where she might learn more about the Others (the Hero's quest)?

And what is in Asshai that Quaithe wants Dany to be there? It is the birthplace of Azor Ahai though. Or maybe something else.

ACoK:

“To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.”

Asshai, Dany thought. She would have me go to Asshai. “Will the Asshai’i give me an army?” she demanded. “Will there be gold for me in Asshai? Will there be ships? What is there in Asshai that I will not find in Qarth?”

“Truth,” said the woman in the mask. And bowing, she faded back into the crowd.

And now to the Song of Fire and Song of Ice. House Targaryen's words are "Fire and Blood". Dany has been "born" in Drogo's funeral pyre, amidst fire and well blood. I think that means that the girl died there, and the queen was born, her actions with Daario notwithstanding. House Stark's words are "Winter is coming". Jon, whether he is Ned's or Lyanna's, is a Stark first. "Kill the boy and let the man be born" (or something like that). Whatever happens to Jon, I think he will be "born" a man when the Others come.

And who says that the AAr, PtwP and the Hero can't point to two or three persons. It could point to Jon too. In AAr, well a prophecy essentially amounts to nothing unless it could be fulfilled (as much as a sword amounts little until tempered). Rhaegar loved Lyanna, or so they say. Lyanna in this case could be our Nissa Nissa, and Jon is Lightbringer. Because who says Lightbringer must be a sword? Now some of you has pointed out the PtwP connection. Let's go to the Hero. Jon is at the Wall, but what if he must go south (Winterfell?) with Ghost and some companions to find what he seeks? Here we go. Our Song of Ice.

I was reading Jon's last chapter of ADWD, and I started thinking about Melisandre telling Stannis that she can wake dragons from stone, and telling him that she needs king's blood to do so. She still thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but she herself says that whenever she asks for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, she sees only 'Snow'. What if 'waking dragons out of stone' means waking Jon (just about everyone knows of the L+R=J theory) from death using Shireen's king's blood. Everyone thinks of him as a Stark, but if Jon is truly Rhaegar's son, then that would make him a dragon, and Shireen having greyscale would be the 'stone' in that prophecy. "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone." smoke coming from the stab wound, and the salt from Bowen Marsh's tears would suffice and Jon being Rhaegar's son would be the dragon awakened literally and figuratively.

It always struck me as odd when Val (do I recall that correctly?) would refer to Shireen as the dead girl. I wonder if that could be tied into your theory somehow?

Apologies if this has been brought up before, I'm catching up on the thread as I type.

ETA: Finished reading this thread and I see that my thought was brought up in one form or other by posters here. My bad.

I like the Shireen as stone and Patchface as salt arc. Very interesting.

I was reading Jon's last chapter of ADWD, and I started thinking about Melisandre telling Stannis that she can wake dragons from stone, and telling him that she needs king's blood to do so. She still thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but she herself says that whenever she asks for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, she sees only 'Snow'. What if 'waking dragons out of stone' means waking Jon (just about everyone knows of the L+R=J theory) from death using Shireen's king's blood. Everyone thinks of him as a Stark, but if Jon is truly Rhaegar's son, then that would make him a dragon, and Shireen having greyscale would be the 'stone' in that prophecy. "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone." smoke coming from the stab wound, and the salt from Bowen Marsh's tears would suffice and Jon being Rhaegar's son would be the dragon awakened literally and figuratively.

Lets backtrack a little. waking dragons from stone, if i recall correctly illirio gave dany three dragon eggs and said, "the ages have turned them to stone, but they will always be beautiful"

so, theres your dragons in stone.

As far as "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone"

Lets recall where this event happened. On the seashore (salt), and the ashes of a fire (smoke).

and also melissandre always claims her magic requires a kings blood.

well it just so happened that Khal Drogo was burned in this same fire.

This prophecy screams dany to me. as plain as day.

She was reborn in the ashes of that fire. And had three little companions with her.

Lady Melissandre i believe has misinterpreted this prophecy.

But who knows.. Knowing G.R.R. it could be hot pie.

Lets backtrack a little. waking dragons from stone, if i recall correctly illirio gave dany three dragon eggs and said, "the ages have turned them to stone, but they will always be beautiful"

As far as "Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone"

Lets recall where this event happened. On the seashore (salt), and the ashes of a fire (smoke).

She was reborn in the ashes of that fire. And had three little companions with her.

Actually the Dragon hatching wasn't on the seashore (well, it was, but it was the Dothraki Seashore) it was on the border of the Red Waste. The part about Azor Ahai being reborn amidst smoke and salt can be applied two ways IMO:

1) Her actual birth; born on Dragonstone (smoke, the volcano on Dragonstone. salt, obviously the sea)

2) The dragon hatching as you said, but salt being the tears shed for Drogo and Rhaego.

But I realise its not foolproof, it can apply to more than just Dany

I mean its all right there. I have often wondered why people try so hard to fit someone else into this prophecy when its clearly Dany.

I think it's more likely that Jon will be moved to the smoke/salt of the food stores by someone, Melisandre will rush to his side, remember all her visions of 'Snow', and have a sudden epiphany. She already knows he's important but she will come to believe that Jon is Azor Ahai, and because her powers are strengthened by her proximity to the wall, she will be able to revive him with R'hllor's Kiss. He will then lead the defence against the Others, and whether he actually is Azor Ahai reborn or whatever won't really matter - only that the prophecy was interpreted in his favour by someone with the power to bring him back from death.

That would make sense, and keep in GRRM's style regarding prophecy/religion. It doesn't matter that it's true, so long as someone believes it and acts on it. Dany and Jon are basically flip sides of the same coin, but I'm unsure how, if they ever, plan on getting together.

I mean its all right there. I have often wondered why people try so hard to fit someone else into this prophecy when its clearly Dany.

Does this mean the pillow she used to take her lover's life is Lightbringer? Is she destined to conquer the 7 Kingdoms with a blazing cushion? Not everything adds up to Daenerys.

no, not everything adds up to dany,. i realize this,...

and it could very well be that the PTWP and Azor Ahai are two different people.

It could be that neither will exist. or 3 or 4 or who knows.

Theres soooo many sides to this right now. So many places, so many religions.

Azor Ahai = 'Born amidst salt and smoke, beneath a bleeding star.

Lightbringer comes from the books of asshai, or lady melissandre. Never is it mentioned in westeros' PTWP.

Lady Melissandre is the one who deems azor ahai must have it. And its clear even from her prophetic interpretation that stannis doesnt have it.

Stannis was a means to an end. and melissandre is no quaithe.

Oddly enough shes isolated from the high priest, who believes that dany is azor ahai.

come to think of it, we know of two R'hllor priests really in westeros. both isolated. One runs around setting his sword on fire, not speaking much of the prophecy,

the other hellbent that stannis is the man. The rest of the Fire priests/priestess' are looking to dany.

and conquering the 7 kingdoms has nothing to do with it.

more like saving the world from the others. im sure the iron throne will fall to the victor by default afterword.

but stopping the night that never ends is more important than that iron chair.

Does this mean the pillow she used to take her lover's life is Lightbringer? Is she destined to conquer the 7 Kingdoms with a blazing cushion? Not everything adds up to Daenerys.

... Is your condescension on this real? Cause it is really obvious that in this theory Drogon is lightbringer. Considering the fact that he gives off heat, burns in anger, and gives off light... adds up.

... Is your condescension on this real? Cause it is really obvious that in this theory Drogon is lightbringer. Considering the fact that he gives off heat, burns in anger, and gives off light... adds up.

you know what, it well could be.

hes warm to the touch, as shes said, and although it took the death of his love to forge lightbringer, ....

it took the death of the great Khal to hatch her babies.

interesting light you cast on this, i hadnt thought of it before.

Archived