The Next Dead Stark

TheWOLFbeyondTHEwall

I also think that if another Stark dies it will be Arya (not before ADOS though). I always thought that talk of her being GRRM wife's favorite and her threatening him with the couch in case of death was not so much reassurance than foreshadowing, to be honest.

Could be even that Arya is the one to save her sister in the end, and wills Nymeria over to her before she dies. I think one more Stark kid has to die, because two of the direwolfs are dead already. Sansa would be a bit too obvious I think.

On Average, GRRM ices a Stark every other book. Book 1(NED) Book 3(ROB) Book 5(JON supposedly). From this we can assume and almost guarantee that one or two more Starks will be buried in the winterfell crypts before its all said and done. The question is who?

Arya- Does her obsession with those who have wronged her family put her at a disadvantage?

Bran- does becoming a tree qualify as dying?

Rickon- not too involved in the plot except that hes with asha, might be the easiest Stark for readers to part with.

Jon-If he doesnt die essentially and is resurrected, a life of resurrection as seen from lady stoneheart and Beric Dondarrion, is not so cool.

Sansa- My personal favorite for the next stark to peace out. Has a few skills at court but the only stark who hasn't caught a body yet. partly responsible for ned's death and the most boring POV

OR the highly unlikely probability that these are the remaining Starks left to avenge the death of their father and brother, and take back their Castle and lands.

What do you think?

Arya has learned, seen and survived waaaay to much to die now. She will grow to become a warrior, perhaps a warrior princess.

I hope Bran returns to Winterfell. He's the heir and GRRM hasn't suggested that he can't father children.

Rickon might have more wolf's blood than any of the Stark's, and he keeps Shaggydog close. Plus Osha knows how to survive. Rickon will be okay. Maybe he's rallying an army from Skagos, human or beast.

I don't know what GRRM intends to do with Jon. He already killed him, but Jon is too important to stay dead.

I thought Sansa was a boring POV as well, until I realized she's a survivor. She's been through a lot and most importantly, she knows how to play the Game of Thrones.

So naaaaaah, no more dead Stark's. If anything, there is a missing Stark somewhere.

I also think that if another Stark dies it will be Arya (not before ADOS though). I always thought that talk of her being GRRM wife's favorite and her threatening him with the couch in case of death was not so much reassurance than foreshadowing, to be honest.

Could be even that Arya is the one to save her sister in the end, and wills Nymeria over to her before she dies. I think one more Stark kid has to die, because two of the direwolfs are dead already. Sansa would be a bit too obvious I think.

I would actually cry if this happens. :crying: And I've never cried because of these books before. But one sister dying for the other would be so damn tragic. I hope GRRM doesn't go that route.

I hope another Stark doesn't perish, The Tyrells have lost nobody, I expect Loras to die from his wounds and hopefully Mace will bite the dust.

Another Lannister to die Cersei

And plenty Freys and Boltons!!!

The Lannisters may all die in the end, which would be ironic because of Tywin's reputation.

And yeah, the Freys need to die, not all but enough. Roose and Ramsay definitely need to die. I think the Tyrells will survive though. They have done anything treacherous. They just turn cloaks a lot.

The mods have a ban in place on hate threads, one of the best decisions ever IMO.

It's not just the number of Stark deaths, it's everything added up together:

1. Ned is killed in front of his daughters after the agreement to take the black just because of Joff and LF

2. Robb isn't just killed, he's murdered under guest right and then has his head chopped off and replaced with the head of Grey Wind.

3. Catelyn is killed but first has to see what she believes is her last remaining child killed in front of her. Then, she's dumped naked in a river in an obvious mockery of Tully funeral rights.

4. Jon was attacked by his own men and may or many not be dead, we won't officially know for years.

5. Bejen has been missing for years now, in service to the NW.

6. Ned lost his father, brother, and sister in RR and we saw how much of an impact that had on him.

7. Sansa was left alone in KL where she was beaten regularly and subject to abuse in all forms.

7. Bran was shoved off a tower in a murder attempt that left him without the use of his legs, destroying many of his hopes and dreams.

9. Arya was witness to horrors and violence, almost killed, and beaten. Then, she got so close to her mother at the RW and all hopes dashed.

10. Rickon was left childless while practically still a baby and who knows what he has been through.

Unlike the Baratheon, Lannister, or Martell families, the Starks weren't involved in some grand scheming for revenge, starting wars over family pride, or willing to kill siblings to get the throne.

And to answer the OP, I fall in the no more dead Starks camp. I prefer not to think about which of them might die next.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

As close to a like button as I can get. :drunk:

Are any of you going to shed a tear if Rickon dies? I know I won't. The kid is almost nothing to me, as Martin has made sure. His death would accomplish very little. My money is on Sansa. A sudden and unexpected dagger through her heart would be emotionally resonating, and without any messy cleanup. Jon's death leaves no adult Stark left to fight against the others. Sansa, for all her loss, is still very much a silly little girl. She's passive and boring, and a pawn of Littlefinger besides. She brings nothing to the table and is ripe for reaping.

And she needs to pay for killing her father.

Just stop already, Ned's death is on : Cersei, Joffery, Little Finger and Neds code of honor of not killing women and children.

Sansa's role if any= .5% the rest falls on the above.

ETA: forgot Slynt as was also stated, but I can't blame Illyn Payne since as the King's Justice it was his duty, even Ned understood duty of a job even if one doesn't like it, of course we don't know what Payne feels.

Just stop already, Ned's death is on : Cersei, Joffery, Little Finger and Neds code of honor of not killing women and children.

Sansa's role if any= .5% the rest falls on the above.

ETA: forgot Slynt as was also stated, but I can't blame Illyn Payne since as the King's Justice it was his duty, even Ned understood duty of a job even if one doesn't like it, of course we don't know what Payne feels.

If Aegon ascends the throne he will see Sansa and fall in love.

There has to be a reason why Sansa is still a maid even though she's fine as hell and was a hostage at King's Landing. She's going to marry someone of importance, like she always wanted to.

On Average, GRRM ices a Stark every other book. Book 1(NED) Book 3(ROB) Book 5(JON supposedly). From this we can assume and almost guarantee that one or two more Starks will be buried in the winterfell crypts before its all said and done. The question is who?

Arya- Does her obsession with those who have wronged her family put her at a disadvantage?

Rickon- not too involved in the plot except that hes with asha, might be the easiest Stark for readers to part with.

Jon-If he doesnt die essentially and is resurrected, a life of resurrection as seen from lady stoneheart and Beric Dondarrion, is not so cool.

Sansa- My personal favorite for the next stark to peace out. Has a few skills at court but the only stark who hasn't caught a body yet. partly responsible for ned's death and the most boring POV

OR the highly unlikely probability that these are the remaining Starks left to avenge the death of their father and brother, and take back their Castle and lands.

What do you think?

There won't be any more stark deaths except if think Brantree is a form of dying

What do you think?

Arya . . it is known . . The Faceless Men will protect their secrets . .

The mods have a ban in place on hate threads, one of the best decisions ever IMO.

It's not just the number of Stark deaths, it's everything added up together:

1. Ned is killed in front of his daughters after the agreement to take the black just because of Joff and LF

2. Robb isn't just killed, he's murdered under guest right and then has his head chopped off and replaced with the head of Grey Wind.

3. Catelyn is killed but first has to see what she believes is her last remaining child killed in front of her. Then, she's dumped naked in a river in an obvious mockery of Tully funeral rights.

4. Jon was attacked by his own men and may or many not be dead, we won't officially know for years.

5. Bejen has been missing for years now, in service to the NW.

6. Ned lost his father, brother, and sister in RR and we saw how much of an impact that had on him.

7. Sansa was left alone in KL where she was beaten regularly and subject to abuse in all forms.

7. Bran was shoved off a tower in a murder attempt that left him without the use of his legs, destroying many of his hopes and dreams.

9. Arya was witness to horrors and violence, almost killed, and beaten. Then, she got so close to her mother at the RW and all hopes dashed.

10. Rickon was left childless while practically still a baby and who knows what he has been through.

Unlike the Baratheon, Lannister, or Martell families, the Starks weren't involved in some grand scheming for revenge, starting wars over family pride, or willing to kill siblings to get the throne.

And to answer the OP, I fall in the no more dead Starks camp. I prefer not to think about which of them might die next.

It's official, GRRM hates The Starks!! My goodness . . . . that is a heavy burden for any family to carry. The Baratheons, Targaryens Lannisters, Martells, Greyjoys, and Arryns all have hard times as well.

I could see another Stark dying ( but honestly, enough ):

Arya: because she is on a dangerous path and also Jon's needle in her frozen hand statement.

Sansa (Hell NO! GRRM ): because she would sacrifice her life for her house and siblings, she showed it in AGOT when she was contemplating throwing herself (and taking Joffery with her) off the rampart, but

Clegane stopped her.

Rickon: for shock value

Bran: maybe not killed off but left alone in a tree root.

Jon: because this is his song and it may be the bitter sweet GRRM gives.

Or he may kill out House Stark as the last of Westeros heroes who all died saving this realm's sorry assess.

I personally would like the Starks back actually better and stronger

I could see another Stark dying ( but honestly, enough ):

Arya: because she is on a dangerous path and also Jon's needle in her frozen hand statement.

Sansa (Hell NO! GRRM ): because she would sacrifice her life for her house and siblings, she showed it in AGOT when she was contemplating throwing herself (and taking Joffery with her) off the rampart, but

Clegane stopped her.

Rickon: for shock value

Bran: maybe not killed off but left alone in a tree root.

Jon: because this is his song and it may be the bitter sweet GRRM gives.

Or he may kill out House Stark as the last of Westeros heroes who all died saving this realm's sorry assess.

I personally would like the Starks back actually better and stronger

This is pretty much how I see it going too! The most likely Starks to bite the big one are Arya, Rickon, and Jon to me. I think Sansa is gonna make it. Bran's gonna be a tree, so I don't think he'll have a big part to play, but he aint gonna be physically seeing anyone ever again. :crying:

Catelyn, if you consider her a Stark, is the obvious choice. If not her, Arya is the most probable, if any other Stark were to die. I think Sana and Bran are likely to survive the story. Jon is also a possibility but, again, it comes down whether you consider him a Stark or not.

She is a Stark of Winterfell which means shes not any ordinary kid. She has been trained in the arts of court, prepped to be the wife of a lord or king, and more educated than most adults in Westeros. And anyone who doesn't see that Joffrey was a little piss ant should be dressed in motley. What is "utterly silly" is the notion that just because she is 12, she is completely innocent of ratting her father out to a family that she has known for five minutes. Robert and Jon planned on marrying Sansa before anything "turbulent" happened. "of age" simply means not physically mature. as soon as sansa had her moon blood she was "of age".

Wrong! she was trained in the art of Lady ship a dutiful wife of a great lord who must take his side no matter what.

The grown ups around her failed her in the fact , A: she is to be a lady of a great house she wasn't taught politics and in that regard as soon as it was known that she was to be Joffery's possible future Queen Ned, and Cat should have told Septa and Maester to give her a course in politics in general and Southern politics with emphasis.

B: They were going into a dangerous place and Ned failed to convey that message to her, he somehow was able to tell Arya, why not your eldest daughter especially with the knowledge she is used to forge alliances.

What do you think?

How is Sansa 'partly responsible' for Ned's death? Also, if you think her chapters are boring, then you are dense.

Archived