First Production Stills from Season 3

Westeros

I think it was a mistake, since the name on the photo on the makingofgameofthrones site is 'Talisa Maegyr Stark'. I don't see what the point of some complex switch would be at this point, especially since it would be confusing for non-readers.

I don't know if it would be that confusing... I mean, it's just a matter of explaining that she was in fact working for the Lannisters as part of a plot to end the Stark rebellion. And honestly, I'm rooting for that to happen.

I'm really starting to believe that she is in fact a Westerling. She is crucial in the books, no way the show would let that part out.

That would be terrible storytelling, there is no connection for viewers who don't read the books with the Westerlings, it's too late now

I suppose Ebevan may be right that Tyrion is about to tell her and we will see a change in her expression (maybe only after he leaves her alone).

Or he just finished telling her that they don't need to consummate it until she's ready. He has been super nice to her throughout the show, that would probably cause her to smile. Then her change of expression will come when she hears about the ... other thing.

Funny, if you save these pictures to your PC you'll get files named something like this: 749726_GOT_KB_10.28.12_EP304_6890-1359137405258-A

You'll know from which episode they are :)

Edit: This is VERY interesting, as we can see Dany will get her army in the fourth episode.

Not necessarily. This could simply be when she sees the Unsullied for the first time, or when she bargains with Kraznys et al.

So in episode 7 we still have Beric... does that mean Arya is still with them ! I'd have bet she'd be with the Hound from that point on.

Jaime is still... complete in episode 3... I guess "this" would have happened earlier...

Same for the Tullys... I would have bet the "funeral" scene to be in episode 1... does the fact that it wont happen until episode 3 means we wont get them till there... quite probably.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but upon closer examination of Beric's picture you can see that the clothes on his left shoulder look to be previously torn or hacked through. Can this be a sign that the Beric/Hound duel has already occurred when that picture was taken and Beric has be resurrected again?

Also I'm really wondering how they are going to show Jaime losing his hand. Will they actually show it, or cut away from it?

well she could have always lied to Robb originally...he probably finds out she's a Westerling in episode 1 and she was hiding that because of their history with the Lannisters

This is pretty much what I think will happen.

But I still don't understand why everyone is freaking out about whether Talisa is supposed to be a Westerling or not, Rob still broke his promise and offended the Freys just as much either way.

This is pretty much what I think will happen.

But I still don't understand why everyone is freaking out about whether Talisa is supposed to be a Westerling or not, Rob still broke his promise and offended the Freys just as much either way.

Well Talisa herself being a Lannister spy will make look Robb a lot dumber and incompetent whereas in the books Jeyne herself was as mush unaware as Robb that this was set up by her mother and Tywin, which doesn't make look Robb dumber but makes Sybell Spicer a lot more despicable.

I'm already a bit bothered by Robb throwing out his arranged marriage just out of love whereas in the books it was honour as much as love... so in conclusion the deviation from the book's Robb would get bigger.

I'm already a bit bothered by Robb throwing out his arranged marriage just out of love whereas in the books it was honour as much as love... so in conclusion the deviation from the book's Robb would get bigger.

I never saw any honor in Robb's choice when it came to Jayne, she bedded him and he loved her after that.

That's at least how I see it.

Tyrion looks even better with his scar. Show, I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong; he's supposed to be getting less attractive, not more! It's going to be hard not to laugh when TV Tyrion is piling on the self-pity about how horribly scarred and hideous he is and no one could possibly want him.

I love the thigh-high leather boots Tywin is wearing in his still (and in every other shot we've seen for Season 3 so far). Ugh, I'm not supposed to be attracted to Tywin Lannister! Why are you doing this to me, show?

As others have picked up on, Sansa looks awfully happy in that Episode 10 shot. I'm guessing this is right before she learns about the RW. The lighting looks almost soft and dreamy...the perfect setting for Sansa to get the rug yanked out from under her yet again.

From what I've seen of making of featurettes and such (Sansa in what looks like her wedding dress with no cloak in sight), the red and gold wedding ring she's wearing in the Episode 10 shot makes me think they're doing away with the cloak exchange and making it a ring exchange. It doesn't surprise me, given that they'd have to explain the tradition, blah blah blah, and they didn't bother with any business of cloaks for Robb and Talisa's wedding. Never fear, though: I'm sure TV Sansa will find some creative way to humiliate Tyrion even without having a cloak that needs to be unclasped, though. If it is a ring exchange, maybe she'll play keepaway with her hand when he tries to put the ring on? (I guess they have to be careful so it doesn't come off as too slapstick.) Or maybe she submits to the ring exchange (assuming there is a ring exchange) but refuses to kneel to kiss him, so the opposite of what happened in the books.

If it is a wedding ring, it's a bit annoying given that no other married Westeros characters seem to wear them. Continuity, people! If it isn't a wedding ring proper (if no such things exist in Westeros), guess it could be just a special Lannister gift to Sansa, like "Here's a friendly reminder that we own your ass."

It's funny that HBO didn't include any stills from 3x08 or 3x09 (being spoileriffic episodes) but saw fit to include a still with Sansa with a big honking red and gold ring on what we normally in modern times associate with a wedding ring finger. I mean, that's pretty much spoiling it anyway, isn't it?

Joffrey and Margaery holding the crossbow cracked me up. Margaery's expression is all "Bitch I got this!"

I love the pic of Stannis. He looks completely drained.

I'm guessing they are really going to flesh out the Brotherhood and Margery + Joffery with their own story. I hope they don't deviate to far from the books.

I'm fine with them adding brand new things, but don't necessarily like them completely removing or altering things.

749727_got_hs_08-01-12_ep305_9113-135913

Robb is like..."The castles can only move diagonally, right? Or, was that the Krakens? Wait, Krakens move in an 'L' formation, right? I'm so fucking screwed."

749724_got_hs_07-13-12_ep302_5965-135913

Joffrey does foreplay. After about 10 more minutes, he sent Marge away and proceeded to have sex with his crossbow.

749727_got_hs_08-09-12_ep305_dsc1045-135

Cersei being happy.

748660_got3_hs_1120_ep301_dsc0286-135913

Ygritte ponders just how much Jon Snow doesn't know.

749725_got_hs_08-01-12_ep303_9047-135913

Tyrion is all "I can kill you with my cutting wit right now" and stuff. And, he has a scar. Scars make everyone 15% more bad ass. And, he's wearing black...wtf? I don't think the Internet is cool enough for this picture.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/25/GAME-OF-THRONES-3-14.jpg

She will take what's hers in fire and blood...cream buns, and doughnuts, and fruitcake with no nuts -- so good, you could go nuts! Get it? 'Cuz the Unsullied have no nuts?! HA!

749725_got_hs_07-27-12_ep303_8325-135913

Catelyn Stark being moody and withdrawn...she's all, "Well, wouldn't you be moody and withdrawn if your House sigil was a trout? Everyone else gets dragons and lions, and I get fish. And, not even a cool fish!" She might be sad about other stuff, too.

749724_got_hs_07-12-12_ep302_5748-135913

Stan, the man, wonders where the fuck the other half of this picture went...

749724_got_hs_07-12-12_ep302_5775-135913

Mel is like "Over here! It's magic and stuff!"

got_hs_081012_ep303_1070jpg-135913871699

Jamie's all "Yeah, I'm a hobo...but, I could still fuck your mom. And, your sister." Get it? 'Cuz he likes sisters!

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/25/GAME-OF-THRONES-3-05.jpg

Bran looks exhausted from all his non-walking. Poor Hodor.

748660_got_hs_08-17-12_9003-2-1359137438

She's like Little Orphan Annie if Little Orphan Annie could kick your ass -- and look adorable doing it.

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/25/GAME-OF-THRONES-3-02.jpg

She's like Little Orphan Annie if Little Orphan Annie wasn't Little Orphan Annie...and, was instead Bruce Lee in a nine year-old girl's body.

Archived