If Aegon has really takin Storms End...

Jon Icefyre

If JC and Aegon have really takin Storms End what their next move? Where is the next place they will take their army/where will the next battle take place? Will it be at KL? Would love to hear some thoughts/theories

Either King's Landing or Highgarden.

I'm guessing he'll ally with Dorne. That way, Dorne can move westwards towards Oldtown and Brightwater Keep, while he moves towards Highgarden, capturing Ashford and Summerhall. I think to capture Highgarden and Horn Hill, he needs to have a dual-pronged attack between his men and the Martells. It would probably lead to a siege since both areas are likely to put up stiff resistance. Once he captures Bitterbridge and Highgarden ,he's well on his way to taking King's Landing.

Does he have to marry Arianne? He is the Nephew of Doran Martell so he would back him without a marriage I think. Well I think the best after taking Storms End would be:

1. Marry Aegon to a girl from Lord Leyton Hightower
  2. help them defend Oldtown and the surrounding Area
  3. win over the Reach for doing so
  4. don´t tell Aegon that Targs can practice polygamy, otherwise he would have a certain deadly Tyrell maid as his shadow
  5. take the Westerlands
  6. march for Kings Landing
  7. ????
  8. success

Storms End is the part of the video game where you can save, a check point.

If they lose further battles, they can retreat to Storms End. They also control several other castles.

We know JC does not want to face any Tyrell/Lannister armies in the field yet, so I agree with all above that now that they've shown their power, they will try to win men great and small to their cause.

I'm guessing he'll ally with Dorne. That way, Dorne can move westwards towards Oldtown and Brightwater Keep, while he moves towards Highgarden, capturing Ashford and Summerhall. I think to capture Highgarden and Horn Hill, he needs to have a dual-pronged attack between his men and the Martells. It would probably lead to a siege since both areas are likely to put up stiff resistance. Once he captures Bitterbridge and Highgarden ,he's well on his way to taking King's Landing.

I think Highgarden is a beautiful mostly "for show" castle (so lightly fortified). Without the army there it won't be hard to take. Not really worth it either without the lord there.

I think Highgarden is a beautiful mostly "for show" castle (so lightly fortified). Without the army there it won't be hard to take. Not really worth it either without the lord there.

I agree with everything except the last part. Winterfell was taken without Robb being there. Taking a castle while the lord isn't there is actually a smart move, because said lord will have to send his army to get the castle back, hence his forces won't be directed somewhere else. For exemple, he might conquer HG, and while the Tyrell's army leaves KG, Aegon can march on the capital.

Sorry guys.... I've finished reading ADWD but don't remember JC or Aegon taking Storms End... just that it was agreed as the next step with Aegon stating one change, that he lead the attack (Loras stylee).

Has this happened in a released TWOW chapter and where can I read it?

Cheers

here's another synopsis of Arianne II: http://itsinthetrees.tumblr.com/post/9110146147/twow-arianne-ii-synopsis

I could see the following

1. They Fight a Battle w/ the Tyrell forces supposedly marching from KL. Defeat the Tyrell army, w/ elephants in the Kingswood. Consolidate hold over the Stormlands.
  2. Ally w/ Dorne. Mobilize the Dornish forces to invade the Reach forcing Tyrell's bannermen to choose between supporting Tyrell and being helpless to defend their homes/families or switching sides and benefiting from (f)Aegon's ascent.
  3. Increase strength w/ additional banners from the Reach, undermining the Tyrell strength. Utilize the Sand Snakes, Varys and the Faith to over run KL.

Thank you

So, all together, how many chapters have been released or read out by GRRM from TWOW and which are available to read now other than Arianne 1, which is on his website?

There is also a Theon chapter from WoW(which was on his website before the Arianne one), he read from a Victarion Chapter and a Tyrion Chapter if I remember it correctly. Just look around here in the Winds of Winter Subforum and you can find information about all of them :)

me thinks his next targets are:

sharp point dragon stone ,drift mark, claw island, cracklaw point and the gulltown and the vale

I don´t know, I think the Vale could be a bit too much to handle for him, he would have to deal with an enemy force that was spared throughout the whole War of the 5 Kings and the Mountains could be pretty deadly for his force too.

Archived