What would you do?

Nerolunar

As a bit of a nerd anyway, I suppose the natural thing would be to become a Maester.

I know what people are saying about the lives of peasants (chances are at random you'd be a peasant), but the life of a peasant in peace time probably wasn't all that bad. Lots of hard work, but a healthy outdoor life, at least. It would probably be worse, in terms of health, to live poor in any of the cities. unless you had a marketable productive skill, or could buy and sell stuff.

But it's wartime when the lives of smallfolk becomes hell, and war seems to come round quite regularly :(

I would be an entertainer and travel all over the world, performing at birthday parties (just realized there is no mention of a birthday party in the series) and weddings for a reasonable fee.

The highborn maidens in King's Landing would go crazy if I sang some Marvin Gaye or Luther Vandross. Then I'd take my talents to Slaver's Bay where the tastes are a bit more exotic and perform a few of Lady Gaga's hits.

At some point I'd go to the Wall of course. One of Dave Chappelle's stand up routines should make all the brothers laugh.

Yup, I got it all planned.

Ideally, I wouldn't mind rolling with the Tyrells in the Reach: great clothes, pretty scenery, they seem fun to hang out with, and they take care of their own.

Some random peasant in the countryside just waiting to be pillaged and slaughtered by my betters.

And 90% of this board would be in the same position.

Yeah, seriously. Go highborn or go home. (Not that life is that great for the highborn, either, given the sob stories in peacetime we hear from many of the highborn characters.)

Well, if I'm thinking realistically.... I'm a third son, so assuming my father is a lord and my family are nobles, I would have little chance of inheritance. This means I could be a knight in service to another house, joining the NW or becoming a Maester. I'd choose Maester....

I would have said the black but I'm a woman, so :crying:

We have a new Lord Commander these days (or had, I'm not quite sure) anyway, he will not turn away help when it is offered. I'm sure we could find a place for you in The New Watch (just an idea I'm kicking around, trying to "jazz" us up a bit) :drunk:

Archived