Tyrion in the next books?

Xperte

And yeah, Tyrion as a dragon rider. No. Just No. Especially not if he's supposed to ride on my pet Viserion.

Tyrion and his dragon (assuming he gets a dragon) having rhyming names seems a bit precious, so I think (hope?) we can rule that out.

I also hope he stops with the whole "oh, woe is me, nobody likes me because I'm an ugly dwarf!" inner monologue.
Yeah. My faint hope is that if Dany does team up with Tyrion, she'll chew him out the way the Blackfish chewed out Jaime in AFFC and put a quick stop to his self-pity. Unlikely, but I can dream, can't I? Hoping Tyrion lays off with the self-pity is probably on a level with hoping Robb is magically resurrected, though.

I feel like you guys are underestimating Vic, totally and utterly.

GRRM didn't have these guys sale around a third of the world just for them to die on the spot.

Whatever the result of the battle, I expect Vic to be the cause.

Underestimating him how? Martin himself called Vic dumb as a stump.

ETA: Or was it dumb as a post? I forget.

There is certainly that fact, but they were both forced into it and Tyrion went out of his way to try to help Sansa deal with it. I fully understand her bitterness toward the Lannisters, but I felt she could have extended some kind of kindness toward Tyrion. That part of the story was actually quite important in that it showed Tyrion does have some genuine kindness inside of him. I can't really hold Sansas behavior toward him against her, but she could have tried.

Agree 100%. Her reaction isn't unreasonable and cannot be held against her but she could have acted better as well.

As for Tyrion i certainly don't see him becoming a dragon rider or anything... but i do believe that he will end up as the Lord of Casterly Rock

For the more immediate future i believe he will successfully get attached to Dany as an advisor

GRRM didn't have these guys sale around a third of the world just for them to die on the spot.

No character around him takes his intelligence seriously, and, as noted by Kittykatknits, GRRM is on record as saying that Vic actually is as dumb as a post.

I didn't suggest that Vic would die -- I don't think anyone has, on this thread at least -- only that Tyrion wouldn't find it too difficult to outsmart him. And I don't see that as an out of leftfield proposition, given Vic's noted dumbness and the fact that Tyrion is one of the more intelligent characters in the series.

That being said, I would not be shocked if Vic bit the dust early on in TWoW.

I feel as though the war of Meereen is being shaped up for Tyrion to hold the city for Dany and him cleaning up her court with the help of Jorah and Barristan. When Dany comes back after her soul searching Tyrion will talk sense into her finally going to Westeros.

I'm not saying anything for Vic's lifespan or intelligence.

Just that the Greyjoys are most likely the most important faction in the battle, giving their journey and how unexpected they will be. I EXPECT whatever Vic chooses to do, will succeed in the battle - even if he himself may die.

The Greyjoys will definitely surprise people when they attack, who would expect bloody Greyjoys attacking Mereen? It is possible that Vic can win the battle but I have a feeling all hell will break loose in Meereen when the Greyjoys make their move.

I feel as though the war of Meereen is being shaped up for Tyrion to hold the city for Dany and him cleaning up her court with the help of Jorah and Barristan. When Dany comes back after her soul searching Tyrion will talk sense into her finally going to Westeros.

I hope to god no. This would be predictable and boring as fuck, not to mention anticlimatic because it'd essentially make everything from the second half of ASoS to the first half of TWoW unnecessary.

I hope to god no. This would be predictable and boring as fuck, not to mention anticlimatic because it'd essentially make everything from the second half of ASoS to the first half of TWoW unnecessary.

I doubt that would happen, we really have no idea how Barristan would react to Tyrion's presence in Meereen and his reaction may not be positive.

Quentyn sailed half the world too but died trying to steal Dany's dragons. Vic have a magic dragonhorn though, we shall see...

I can't help but think of Quentyn, but you're probably right. Vic is going to sway the balance of power in Slaver's Bay. Dany doesn't have a navy of her own, after all, and all kinds of ships are heading straight for Meereen.

I just can't wait to see what Dany does when Vic tells her that she is his new wife.

Tyrion will, once Barristan comes to trust him somewhat, be the one willing to do the proper work of a Queen's Hand letting Barristan go back to being the moral compass of the group. He will play an important part in helping to control the dragons because he already has most of the knowledge to do so. He'll find a way to use Victarion, Euron's Horn and the Iron Fleet to Dany's advantage. He'll probably earn Barristan's trust either through making the dragons useful against the Volenteens or by being able to prove Hizdahr's part in the attempt to poison Dany.

By the time Dany returns, Tyrion will have already proven his usefulness to her cause. Plus she'll be too intrigued to have the Great Imp to do anything too rash to him. He in return will help steer her toward doing the right thing, and returning in force to Westeros. He'll make himself the permanent Queen's Hand.

I think George is going to need to up the pace a bit. A way he could do it is with Dany being away at the moment have Tyrion moves in. If he could convice Barriston the let him help. He could use his experience's from his stint as Hand to do so in some ways. Plus it would give him a more enjoyable POV as compared to his current one. Between Barriston, Jorah, and he I think they could easily take control of the situation. I know most people probably wouldn't like the idea, but come this slaver stuff has been drawn out long enough. It would also be nice to see Rhaegal have a Vic kabob.

Archived